Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done the Braham instance yet but I really enjoyed the Rox one. It was a bit easier than some of my personal story missions but not faceroll - and it was fun.

I like how the Living Story is unfolding but haven't got into it too too much since I'm not a big lorefiend. But I keep bumping into new stuff (steam vents in northern Wayfarer, new buildings (Whoa! Where did that come from?) bumping into refugees walking across The Gangplank in LA, the heralds, etc. I've chatted with some of the refugees on the beach in Lion's Arch and there's some really interesting stories, I just haven't devoted the time to searching it all out because I get so distracted with all the other stuff to do.

I mean on any given night you might find me running Fractals, killing the shadow behemoth for a chance at the Final Rest staff, running HotW (still working towards my battlemage set), running WvW, doing some sPvP, doing Guild Missions, playing Keg Brawl, doing jump puzzles, camping the EB JP, and now the Super Adventure Box, plus umpteen other stuff and forget my poor alts lol. Trying to squeeze in some Living Story but it's getting pushed into the background (which is ok I guess). It just depends I feel like doing and what my friends and my guild are doing that night.

I clock alot of hours in this game and I haven't come anywhere near close to exhausting the content.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    If the missions just had more variety of gameplay instead of defeating waves for the 1001st time. There are quite a few interesting events out in the world, I can't believe that they chose wave-defense again. I like the story and find it odd to jump from a prelude to a finale without a main-part. It's just... Anet promoted it kind of big.
    I suppose i can agree with this sentiment. Overall the expansions worth of content that this Flame & Frost living story was supposed to add actually feels like less content than any single map in the game. That said i liked both new characters and the solo instances albeit wave after wave of mobs does get a bit repetitive.

Edit: Before the last patch, the first two parts actually took me less time to fully complete than exploring Lions Arch on my new alt. Yeah.

If the missions just had more variety of gameplay instead of defeating waves for the 1001st time. There are quite a few interesting events out in the world, I can't believe that they chose wave-defense again. I like the story and find it odd to jump from a prelude to a finale without a main-part. It's just... Anet promoted it kind of big.
    I was talking to a friend about it last night, two issues for me, otherwise I enjoy them:
    1) Like the Cove, too many people hitting the events right out of the gate, they really need to control servers/overflow better. The first day or two of the "stop the invaders portals", so many folks were clustered up, it was hard to even tag things.
    2) The Living Story doesn't feel "Living" at one update a month. I'd rather smaller objectives updated weekly.

Otherwise, the story is unfolding decently and though the difficulty of the mobs seems sort of random, it's interesting enough and I'm curious as to the roots of the alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I clock alot of hours in this game and I haven't come anywhere near close to exhausting the content.
    That's sort of how I compared it to a friend of mine. Back in WoW in the olden days, I'd be running along between quests and see an ore node on the edge of the radar, so I'd go off to grab it. Then I'd see another and keep moving deeper off the road. (Particularly remember this in the long road east/west in Duskwood) Then at some point I'd get this feeling that I'm doing something wrong and have to get back on track.

GW2 is basically just that "hey, what's over there!" thing for me. Sure I've got a Daily checklist and sometimes bring up the dragon timer if I'm doing other stuff, but otherwise I'm just wandering around having fun.

Personally I liked the possibility to do the missions alone. It's a multiplayergame, yes... but during the last weeks I could only play from 0:00-2:00am and all my friends were sleeping already. I wonder if it is possible to design a dungeon that way, to make it playable by very small groups (1-3 people). I heard other games did this sucessfully.

but please... no more boring waves
    I'd love something like this, if it was a decent challenge, or just not able to be facerolled. I haven't logged in in a few days now because I'm beginning to get bored. Just before I stopped logging in again I sat there thinking...I want to do something, I want to do it alone, I don't want to grind, and I want it to at least be a bit challenging. You know what there was for me to do? Nothin.

I'm tired of farming meta events and everything that's involved with that, standing around waiting for periods of times, watching timers...and I'm tired of farming mobs in the world, and I didn't feel like doing dungeons at the time.

I'm also kinda bummed how all the meta events are a bit of a disappointment and are still incredibly too easy. There's literally no challenge at all, and I don't find pushing 1 once and going afk for the rest of the fight any fun.

I still like the game, but I'll probably wait til the patch to log in. Maybe not with Neverwinter coming out this month...

I really like the game as well but I have gotten bored at times. Too bad there aren't any other interesting mmos out there for me to play to intercede in those times of boredom.

On another note, PvE and WvW will split up. Don't know how that works, probably nerf everything or something, i'm not the best person with stuff like that, but i wonder if it will help.

Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../3#post1819116

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    On another note, PvE and WvW will split up. Don't know how that works, probably nerf everything or something, i'm not the best person with stuff like that, but i wonder if it will help.

Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../3#post1819116
    i wonder why wvw feels fine for me right now.

maybe some more rewards for people that dont zerg...you know for the scouts and the little special troops.

If only they'd split up PvE and PvP instead of PvE and WvW (are the skills really that imbalanced?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I don't have many complaints about the balance and how traits work tbf, both my thief and guardian seem to work fine, and now my up coming necromancer. I'd love if they put in new weapon types tho, would be amazing.
    I believe (among some others of course) that the trait system while "okay" it's underworked and could and should be improved on and more often. I won't go in details but the distribution of certain skill trees attached to a stat and weapon could be managed in other ways to allow a better build cenario. And inside that it could fix the (some) of balance too but besides that at very least would make some traits that are so very head on % dmg tied to a weapon/Cooldown of a weapon on usual specific weapon area + other very unteresting choices being the only nice ones the (life savior) or the "Characterize" of an odd build.

Weapons skills need some love too.

what do you guys expect from this months update? A few new missions? A new dungeon? A new fractal?

Personally I liked the possibility to do the missions alone. It's a multiplayergame, yes... but during the last weeks I could only play from 0:00-2:00am and all my friends were sleeping already. I wonder if it is possible to design a dungeon that way, to make it playable by very small groups (1-3 people). I heard other games did this sucessfully.

but please... no more boring waves
    Yeah they got the tune of the missions right. It was fun to solo but I think they do these missions more to accept any size of groups so I think we won't be having any of these too soon. And yes, it's incredible with what some hearts/parts of the world and some events are played they haven't learned yet how to make a better range of type of events (let alone missions). They could at the very least make some events in orr with a "battlefield" feeling where there are multiple waves at multiple locations to be held or to capture points at the same time. I think that's missing to be looked upon. But besides that....new fractal would be sweet (maybe 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I loved the once-in-a-lifetime Karka event back in November, it was so unique, lasted three hours on my server, and the rewards were surprisingly good, some people got precursors, and everyone got at least a really good accessory and a 20-slot bag. I hope the last chapter is something a like ( although I kinda doubt it.)

The living story is an interesting concept, and they have said that "Flame & Frost" is just a little bit of what living story can be, so I'm excited for the future of it.

I also don't see much of this "so very needed class balance". It's not every teams job to ensure this either, bugger off with the "no content for a month so they can all magically channel the Ritual of Balance together".
    Karka event was fun but they were 3 hours of lag time, hard core. Very unique, but I liked it overall "view" of it and rewards. But yeah if they work right it can be amazing, even to smooth in into expansions .

PvE wise there is need for build allowance and balance (Traits and weapon skills). Pvp wise there is a need for balance. It's not to channel the BALANCE part, I meant Instead of 10 grps working on different new content, maybe manage a few grps to take a look at UI, Trait problems, Help around other teams. It's an overall concept and strategy. People suggest that adding one more to a team will make it less efficient and I agree if it's in terms of deep power concept, but it doesn't mean pre-estabilished concepts that needs some improvements can't be worked on too, and there you can agree that it could go faster with one more on the "small teams" they work on. That's just a suggestion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    If only they'd split up PvE and PvP instead of PvE and WvW (are the skills really that imbalanced?)
    I think they started already with one or 2? I think....or they plan/planned to. But I think they will and should quickly.

We’re starting to split PvE/WvW in the upcoming patch.
    But we want them to be things that keep consistency across the game types as much as possible.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../3#post1819116

I sense a confusion nerf incoming to wvwvw.

For those of you unfamiliar with this, a skill split will allow a single skill to behave differently while in different game formats. While we don't have much experience with this practice in Guild Wars 2, the original Guild Wars took advantage of this system quite often. Some skills would only change in damage or duration, while others were reworked entirely.

I found this on the front page of GW2Guru. If it's going to work like that I don't see much problems with it, but it will require a lot of work to change all the skills in order for them to work in a different way in PvE and in WvW. I really do hope they make it work though, and don't make a complete mess out of it.. *fingers crossed*

I feel a quickness buff incoming

They won't rework all skills, only the ones they feel are OP/UP

Damn. I was hoping a "split" of PvP & PvE in WvW somehow meant I could actually, finally get map completion. :P

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../3#post1819116

I sense a confusion nerf incoming to wvwvw.
    I'd really like if we could have different traits and stuff inside and outside of WvW. Especially for my engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'd really like if we could have different traits and stuff inside and outside of WvW. Especially for my engineer.
    I don't know why WvW doesn't get a different trait spec like with PvE and Spvp

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome...spend 10 minutes defeating a hatchery, accept the rewards, hit the button to port out and then get a BS message about server connection. Try to relog, servers apparently down. Get back in the game, 1 guess what happened.

Oh that's right...the rewards, achievement, and everything have been deleted. FFS.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    For those of you unfamiliar with this, a skill split will allow a single skill to behave differently while in different game formats. While we don't have much experience with this practice in Guild Wars 2, the original Guild Wars took advantage of this system quite often. Some skills would only change in damage or duration, while others were reworked entirely.

I found this on the front page of GW2Guru. If it's going to work like that I don't see much problems with it, but it will require a lot of work to change all the skills in order for them to work in a different way in PvE and in WvW. I really do hope they make it work though, and don't make a complete mess out of it.. *fingers crossed*
    Oh ofc. I remember a lot of my ele skills were different in pvp compared to pve. They alwaysh ad that (PvP) mark after them in PvP, guess it'll work somewhat like that.

Is this patch going to be before the free pass April 19-22, or is it another one scheduled for the 26th like the past two months?

Most likely the end of april. With SAB and them saying that it won't be with the pass weekend. I think they want to make some "indecives" or get some new people to try for free and soon after they do the patch. Feels good for those who bought xD, makes sense to the one that waited but kept tabs AFTER playing for free on that weekend. xD

Yeah...I go places.

They will want to avoid what happened the last time they had a trial weekend. So yeah I think they will have the patch at the end of the month after the trial is over with.