Deleted

MW requires help, feel like im missing something...

Hey guys! As you can guess from the title, im having a little trouble. I recently rerolled and started healing for my 25 man guild. My gear is a little weak compared to the other healers, but i really feel like im way far behind. Out of the 6 healers, im consistently 5-6. Not sure if it helps, but the healer setup is x2 holy paladins, x1 disc priest, x1 holy priest, x1 resto druid, and myself as monk (obviously :P)

I will include my armory, and 2 logs (first log from jin'rokh and 2nd from council of elders both normal) If someone could please check the logs and let me know if im missing anything, u would very much appreciate it!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...od/Yhin/simple

Jin'Rokh log - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...2/?s=691&e=889

Council of Elders log - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3239&e=3685

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:38 PM ----------

Anyone able to help out here? I honestly read WOL at all

Your logs look alright, outside of very minimal thunder focus tea usage. Gotta use that right with uplift. The second one is better than the first. (100% uptime on renewing mist and more UL usage)

But your biggest problem is your healer comp. You're healing with paladins and disc priests. Right now, they're made to eat up your heals via absorbs.

I'm not expert but I'll give it a shot.

The first thing you should so do is read through "The Serpent’s Accord: A Mistweaver PvE Guide [5.2]" if you haven't already. Lots of good work went into that.

I would consider dropping the mastery enchants from your bracers and feet, if you can afford it. Int on the bracers, haste on the feet, and you can reforge some haste into spirit or crit to compensate. If spirit is a big concern you may want to consider the spirit chest enchant. All your other gear choices look ok to me.

Not an expert at reading logs, but I'll try to point out the things i'm seeing.

I get the feeling your either not generating enough chi, or your not spending enough chi.

Renewing mist on CD, always no exceptions. If your unsure, or don't have time to analyze all 25 players in the span of a GCD just throw it on one of the tanks that don't already have the buff, it will spread to who needs it.

Expel harm (mostly) on CD.

Soothing when you have nothing else to do / little dmg is going out.

It looks like your TFT timing is ok. I find popping it 10 seconds before lighting will get it spread by the time you need to spam uplift. You will want to try and bank some chi around this time to facilitate your uplift spam.

For 25mans Spinning kick is your friend when stacked for lighting. Spam uplift in between kicks to dump the chi. You may want to conciser using either of the other two T30 talents, as they will be more 25m friendly. Especially for stacked phases.

The one thing that really concerns me, and maybe its just me not able to read the logs is you only built 10 stacks of mana tea. As a monk, our healing spells' mana cost are a little high, balanced with the mana tea mechanic => Spend mana to generate chi => spean chi to generate tea => consume tea to get (some) mana back. I normally run 10m, so I'm not sure what your best chi dump should be. Sometimes a 6 target uplift will do more healing than enveloping mist.
    But at least try this:
    Generate as much chi as you can (the above mentioned, and also soothing when not much dmg is going on)
    Spend the chi, you can sit on a few (especially around TFT), but make sure to never max and then generate wasted chi.

If you find yourself running oom a lot, mana tea may be the first thing to look at.

Hope at least some of this helps. Maybe some of the other more talented Monks out there can lend a hand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meskhenet View Post
    But your biggest problem is your healer comp. You're healing with paladins and disc priests. Right now, they're made to eat up your heals via absorbs.
    I agree, and there's not much you can do about it. Paladins stacking mastery get huge bubbles that will prevent a lot of your heals from hitting anyone. Hopefully the mastery nerf next patch will help out a bit.

Nothing really pops out as "oh, that's what you're doing wrong". I think it's just a matter of healer comp/gear. Your spirit is pretty low; I figure that might be causing you a little bit of trouble. I also think you could be using Soothing Mist more often. Use it for minimal damage/tank only damage (with EM). It's usually in my top 3 healing but I'm running 10 mans so yours will be a lot lower. Again though nothing pops out in the logs. Both of the Paladins have a huge lead in ilevel. As you get more gear the gap will close but you'll have a hard time beating Paladins even with equal gear.