Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

People Who Can't Park

So it's one of my pet peeves I'm not gonna lie. It's the simplest thing in the world, put this highly maneuverable vehicle in between 2 solid lines.

A skill which you in fact had to test for before you were granted your license.

And still it seems the vast majority of the people who's cars you see in parking lots can not get this simple thing down.

SO.

For my own sanity I'll be starting a blog called Morons Who Can't Park a Car. Where I take a snapshot of peoples terrible parking jobs. What I'd like to know, is what is it not ok to post? I think it's a foregone conclusion that I should blot out license plates. Is there anything else I need to be cautious of, other than having one of the people who's shamed see the blog, I'm ok with that.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

OT, you mention people have to do it to get a the DL in the first place. i think most people forget how to drive as soon as they get the damn thing, that or they are too busy burring their heads in the phone to realize they are swerving across 4 lanes of traffic.

Haha very true. Idk why it irks me but it does. I figure making a blog and posting pictures with the license plate gone are pretty harmless frustration releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So it's one of my pet peeves I'm not gonna lie. It's the simplest thing in the world, put this highly maneuverable vehicle in between 2 solid lines.

A skill which you in fact had to test for before you were granted your license.

And still it seems the vast majority of the people who's cars you see in parking lots can not get this simple thing down.

SO.

For my own sanity I'll be starting a blog called Morons Who Can't Park a Car. Where I take a snapshot of peoples terrible parking jobs. What I'd like to know, is what is it not ok to post? I think it's a foregone conclusion that I should blot out license plates. Is there anything else I need to be cautious of, other than having one of the people who's shamed see the blog, I'm ok with that.
    The blog sounds like a fun idea. Maybe for yours and possibly their *protection*, in addition to blurring out license plate #s maybe blur out certain geographic indicators, like stickers for schools/colleges?

Morons Who Can't Park a Car.
    that's why keying was created.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    If i key'd every car that was parked horribly I'd be in a parking lot all day haha.

That's disgusting.
    Why would you ever key someone's car.

I honestly don't see much bad parking. Except in the winter, but that's somewhat excusable because people can't see the lines. There's the occasional d-bag, kind of like the pic above, who thinks his fancy car can take up 4 spots. But that's pretty rare.

Anyway... you'll probably also want to blur the faces of anyone caught in your pictures.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I honestly don't see much bad parking. Except in the winter, but that's somewhat excusable because people can't see the lines. There's the occasional d-bag, kind of like the pic above, who thinks his fancy car can take up 4 spots. But that's pretty rare.

Anyway... you'll probably also want to blur the faces of anyone caught in your pictures.
    Good call. Yea it's bad down here in florida. People just do not care for shit. In my starting collection I have a picture of a guy who managed to park a prius in such a way that he took up all 3 corner parking spots.

Good call. Yea it's bad down here in florida. People just do not care for shit. In my starting collection I have a picture of a guy who managed to park a prius in such a way that he took up all 3 corner parking spots.
    thats almost impressive....in a bad way but none the less. personaly i tihnk part of the issue is driving instructers that dont really care much on the parking portion of tests or letting mistakes like that slide

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    thats almost impressive....in a bad way but none the less. personaly i tihnk part of the issue is driving instructers that dont really care much on the parking portion of tests or letting mistakes like that slide
    That's what makes it even more shocking !. In the town where I live the driving instructors are hard asses. You so much as glance a cone during your parking test and you fail the entire license exam (or that's how it was when I took it). I managed to pass it when i was 16 on the first go but my girlfriend at the time failed like 9 times because of the parking test.

Why am I not surprised that you support mass criminal property damage......when it suits you.

These are why security cameras were created.

Haha I definitely don't support destroying property. That's why I'm looking for a creative outlet for my annoyance with the awful drivers.

Haha I definitely don't support destroying property. That's why I'm looking for a creative outlet for my annoyance with the awful drivers.
    Yeah if you can get some funny photos that definitely seems like an interesting idea. Though it does make me wonder where you live to see so many badly parked cars.... o_O

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I guess there's a difference between not being able to park and not caring about how to park. The first one is not so bad, they try over and over again untill they're reasonably parked in one spot. The latter ones are the douches, they, most ofthe time, can park but don't care enough that they'll give it a try.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    I waited a couple of years before i got my license. Dunno, i couldn't be bothered.
    Anyway now I've had it for a couple of months, and i must admit that I'm not the best at parking.
    It's never so bad that it is "harmful" to anyone, but it is certainly not perfect.

I've never understood what is hard about parking.

I always just imagine I am a rectangle, trying to fit into a slot from the birds eye view. I played a lot of GTA and I loved to drive around properly from time to time, park up, go shooting, then get in my car, and drive off again.

Some people are just horrific at parking!

4,000 Posts! Whoop! Now life now is validated!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    I waited a couple of years before i got my license. Dunno, i couldn't be bothered.
    Anyway now I've had it for a couple of months, and i must admit that I'm not the best at parking.
    It's never so bad that it is "harmful" to anyone, but it is certainly not perfect.
    But there's no problem in being bad at parking. You'll learn more now that you have your license than you could ever learn during the training. The important thing about parking is that you´re parking safely and that you only take one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I played a lot of GTA and I loved to drive around properly from time to time, park up, go shooting, then get in my car, and drive off again.
    Such a comparison, real life and a game...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Such a comparison, real life and a game...
    I'm not saying driving in GTA allowed me to drive better, but it taught me to think of my car as nothing more then a rectangle that I need to slot into a gap, and I can (and do) park by imagining I am looking at what I am doing from a birds eye view. I of course use my mirrors though, I don't just pretend I am in GTA.