Poll: have you ever been in a fight?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Several times, never anything really serious however.
    Worked as a bouncer for a nightclub for a brief period, had a few episodes there.

Besides that I have two mates in my friend circle who really change their attitude when intoxicated.
    They are both great people when sober, but they get really aggressive with alcohol.
    Its not like they will attack ppl they know but they will pick a fight over anything with anyone(thing) they dont know.
    On one occasion it took five police officers restrain one of them

I have only ever started one fight on my own (and not joined into one to help friends/been attacked).
    And that was in the military strangely enough. The last day of boot cap our commanding officers (younger than most of their recruits) did everything they possibly could to make our lifes as sour as possible before we left. One of them singled me out and well.. I just snapped and gave the drill sergeant a pounding.
    Felt really really good. Expected to get disciplined to hell for that but no, the mp agreed that the sergeant was going over the top + it would be difficult to carry out anything as everyone was supposed to be moving onto new assignments.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2013-05-08 at 01:43 AM.

Deleted
    It's pretty interesting everyone who post has either NEVER been in any kind of fight or done it A LOT of times, nothing seems to be in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, alcohol is a hell of a thing

Only as a child (below 12) and I was good at it.. or more likely the others were horrible like they usually are in games. Nowadays I would never start a fight (even though I believe I'd come on top) and I'm very good at knowing exactly when to stop when pushing people to avoid fight , so I don't see myself ever getting into a fight unless someone just randomly starts fighting me, though if he/she's at the state where he/she just randomly starts a fight he/she's probably not in a good condition to fight.

About the learning to know what pushes you over the edge, I don't know why or what made me like this, but I don't think there's anything that can make me start a fight because of rage or anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    It's pretty interesting everyone who post has either NEVER been in any kind of fight or done it A LOT of times, nothing seems to be in between.
    I've only been in one real fight, not gonna count the stuff that happened during sports. I was in my early 20's at the bar with some friends, and some jackass thought it was okay to start a fight with my friend (over a girl as I recall). His friends showed up and it turned into cliched bar brawl. Ended in everyone getting arrested and spending the night in lockup.

Deleted
    Been in fights a few times but very rarely anything serious. I'm the silent,crazy eye person so people generally back off when I stare them down.
    I can't fight for shit but staring in silence works wonders on aggressive people. Not many people are willing to deal with crazy.

Yep. Not in a while, I've broken up a few fights recently though. I'm pretty good at remaining calm in most situations which makes it easy to defuse them. I've also lost a fight, I have only one good eye and dude poked me in it which essentially blinded me. Turns out I'm not a ninja and this was a game changer. Luckily people noticed I was unable to see and stopped dude from beating a blind me.

I don't think that physical fighting is really a rite of passage, the rite of passage is really more in the concept of a fight. It is really standing up for yourself in any situation and that is the rite of passage. Do you have what it takes to battle against someone trying to oppress you. Even if it is just a verbal conflict. To hold your ground and defend yourself/beliefs.

Fighting only solves something for people who only are able to resolve things through physical confrontation. For most folks you don't have to result to physical confrontation to solve any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been in a real fight. Had a few shoving matches, and sometimes some wrestling scuffles with friends, but no punches or anything. Some a-hole challenged me to a fight in high school, I just ignored him.

Probably the closest thing I've had to a fight was during a rugby match. I had the ball, got tackled and dogpiled, managed to squeeze the ball out to one of my teammates. Most of the people on me got off to chase the ball carrier, but the last guy gave me a shove back down to my back as I was getting up. I did the first thing that occurred to me, lifted my leg and did an upward stomp, cleat first into his jaw. No one else on the field noticed since the guy I passed the ball to had just scored. No penalty

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been punched once but never have really been in a fight. I tend to use my words and speech as my abusing.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    A few times. The usual stop-herassing-my-girlfriend-fights and one other reason. The latter was about half a year after my father passed away because of cancer and some guy in my class called me a "kankerleier" (someone with cancer). I went apeshit on him and he never troubled me again.

I am not a violent person though.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Im a pretty smart and likable guy. Never had anyone ever get so angry with me that they started to push me to start a fight. So nope. And I'm 25.
    This, but I'm 23. I give no one a reason to want to fight me, thus I've never had to be in a fight.

That doesn't mean I won't defend my family or friends if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Never been in a real fight, there was this person who was sorta bullying me in highschool, I snapped and punced him in the face... a couple of times... I was never bullied after
    Pretty much same as me. 2 or 3 bullies through out my years got put in their place. All bark no bite.

Ive been in several fights, 99% of the time it was for no good reason. A few times apperantly because some one thought i was some one else.Several times someone to ignorant to understand sarcasm. Most often though during my time in college or my friends time in college just showing up at a party or bar and someone picking a fight with because they didnt know me or didnt like me talking to some random girl even though she wasnt there with him or his buddies. Ive never lost a fight, but 90% of the time they would throw a punch or try to shove me miss i knock them down and it gets broken up. I personally hate fighting and just assume walk away but Id never run away because most people who go around starting or looking for fights have never been in one and they think they are a tough guy till the first time they get cracked in the skull. All in all it was mostly fun, and with some many times experience Ive learned ways to make people laugh their desire to fight right out of them and trick them into buying me drinks at the bar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive been into a few yea. got into a few in the military and ive been in more than i care to count with my brother. funny thing is though me and my brother can get into knock down drag out fights, and then 5 mins afterwards were having a beer playing some xbox or some shit.

in all actuality it takes a lot for me to get pissed off and get into a fight. its been awhile but generally when a fight breaks out its some out-of-towner starting shit with my brother or one of my friends. being the more passive person i try to talk every one out of it and ultimately become the "asshole" and thus get involved.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course...I was also 6'2" and 130 pounds with huge feet so everyone wanted to pick on me.

I finally beat the shit out of to guys that had been picking on me for a year. Got suspended and my dad took me to see Stargate in theaters since he knew I didn't start it.

Good times.

Also got knocked da Fak out in third grade fighting over a kickball.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2013-05-08 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, yes! Two fights in high school.

House party my Jr year. My prior girlfriend of 2 years was being harassed by some guys from the other high school after a rival football game. Some good friends overheard the conversation and spoke to me about it later. I came over and asked what was going on and one of the guys said he wanted to rape my girlfriend and some other stupid shit. Out of context he tried putting his hand up her skirt. Shattered his cheekbone and left him with a nice hospital bill.

OU vs Texas game my senior year at the Texas state fair outside a club. Some of my niggerish basketball buddies pulled some stupid shit and needless to say, I got into the drama. Bruised rib.

The first one was warranted. Defense on her behalf. The second one could of been avoided but I don't regret it. I never plan or hope to get into a fight, but like a car wreck, comes out of no where and can't be avoided after all.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2013-05-08 at 07:13 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Sure, proboaly got pissed on people when I was young, and got into a fight. Proboaly nothing big trough...can't renember, but votes yes regardless :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Yes, some guy banged my head against the wall for no apparent reason resulting in me having to stay at the hospital because of a real bad concussion. Trying to fight back was rather useless, 156 cm and 45 kg girl vs a guy that was atleast 30 cm taller than me and weighing atleast 40 kg more. He then complained about people not liking him at school after that, I wonder why.. So tough attacking girls. Real tough.

I don't understand why people attack others. I really don't.
    So what bought that on?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    So what bought that on?
    He thought I had said bad things about him. I didn't even know who he was apart from knowing what class he was in. He was a bit of a problem kid through the school years apparently, went to a class for people with special needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    He thought I had said bad things about him. I didn't even know who he was apart from knowing what class he was in. He was a bit of a problem kid through the school years apparently, went to a class for people with special needs.
    Did you ever find out what was wrong with him (I assume something fairly severe given his reaction to a perceived verbal slight)?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.