Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's not buddy. That's part of the beauty of it, it's nothing to do with religion at all
    If it had nothing to do with religion, then you'd use the words "Jesus", "Christ, "God", "Church" exactly zero times. Every single one of those words has nothing to do with anything else but religion.

So... I mean... I suppose I was right though. Meh. Earlier, I was complaining about Agents incorporating religion a lot lately, and now here we have someone who is clearly deeply religious, explaining how Agents is so religious, dropping Jesuses and Gods 20-30 times in a single post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'd say either Hill or Fury since we saw Fury in AoU and looked like he was taking on the director role again.

The advantage of it being Hill though is they could possibly use her on the show more than they would Jackson.
    Going with Maria Hill.

Disney is cheap.
    And keeping Jackson on board isn't.

Cobie will be able to cross over more readily between movie and tv than Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So... I mean... I suppose I was right though. Meh. Earlier, I was complaining about Agents incorporating religion a lot lately, and now here we have someone who is clearly deeply religious, explaining how Agents is so religious, dropping Jesuses and Gods 20-30 times in a single post.
    Eh, I'm in the Bible Belt. I could probably whip something up like that for Archer.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The religion part on the last episodes are mostly due to the fact that Hive wanted to play God (recreate the human race in its image etc etc)

Homophobia is so gay.

Lol at that guy above. Try screaming at cancer bro... seriously.

I don't think they'll get Nick Fury back, he costs too much I think May is director now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If it's not about religion then why mention God and Jesus? By talking about them you're making it religious. Either way like 3/4 of your post has no place here.
    the point is you're suppose to see God & Christ outside the very narrow lens of religion. Sometimes just because a person is a face of a religion or a cause sometimes people forget that they are individuals who's existence and relation fall outside that boundary. Talking bout Jesus Christ or God in relation to the subject matter at hand is not talking about religion at all. Look at the context in which Jesus is spoken about, it's not in the context of a religion, but in the context as a person relating to you and me as reflected in the dialog.

Don't let a bias against or for religion or religous people cause you to miss the really beautiful story that is been shared. I don't know what you may have suffered at the hands of religion or religious people, but this is not a support for them, if you read openly you see it actually cancels religion and declares it as irrelevant. But I understand the mere mention of Jesus Christ can sometimes engage people's hurts and their deep seated prejudices. We shouldn't always be like that fellow, or we become exactly like the closed minded people we claim to despise and may actually miss realizing something profoundly important about said person that was always there but we couldn't see because of the haze of prejudice and hate.

It's a beautiful story and it is seen many times in life, this here was a good example, and bias and prejudice can often stop you from seeing when you close your heart. It's sad but you'll miss out on something beautiful if you let it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Going with Maria Hill.

Disney is cheap.
    And keeping Jackson on board isn't.

Cobie will be able to cross over more readily between movie and tv than Jackson.
    do you think Jackson is the reason why we haven't seen more of SHIELD in the movies or had sheild properly restored? Cos I dont think that's something that happened in the comics, but I don't know.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-05-19 at 03:20 PM.

do you think Jackson is the reason why we haven't seen more of SHIELD in the movies or had sheild properly restored? Cos I dont think that's something that happened in the comics, but I don't know.
    The problem is one of narrative flow; with SHIELD dismantled at the end of Winter Soldier, how do you remantle* it in a film?

I mean, besides the following:

Steve Rogers/Tony Stark: SHIELD is back?
    (Phil Coulson walks in)
    Phil Coulson: We never left

*It's a perfectly cromulent word
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Talking bout Jesus Christ or God in relation to the subject matter at hand is not talking about religion at all.
    That's actually the definition of religion.

Don't let a bias against or for religion or religous people cause you to miss the really beautiful story that is been shared. I don't know what you may have suffered at the hands of religion or religious people, but this is not a support for them, if you read openly you see it actually cancels religion and declares it as irrelevant. But I understand the mere mention of Jesus Christ can sometimes engage people's hurts and their deep seated prejudices. We shouldn't always be like that fellow, or we become exactly like the closed minded people we claim to despise and may actually miss realizing something profoundly important about said person that was always there but we couldn't see because of the haze of prejudice and hate.
    I don't necessarily have a bias against religion. I certainly didn't "suffer at the hands of religion or religious people", unless you mean 4-6 hours at Church every Sunday when I was a kid. It just doesn't really have a place in this thread. Certainly not in how much detail you went into, talking about praying over wounds and such.

It's a beautiful story and it is seen many times in life, this here was a good example, and bias and prejudice can often stop you from seeing when you close your heart. It's sad but you'll miss out on something beautiful if you let it.
    Yes it was a beautiful love story between Daisy and Lincoln. God and/or Religion had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Lol at that guy above. Try screaming at cancer bro... seriously.

I don't think they'll get Nick Fury back, he costs too much I think May is director now.
    I kind of think it's May too.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I think it's May but I hope it's Maria Hill or Fury, if only to have more tie-ins to the movies.

Deleted
    In the Marvel Mangaverse, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., after Nick Fury supposedly dies, is...

...Sharon Carter, who in the MCU is the niece of Peggy Carter, the co-founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.

That's who gets my vote. Ming-Na is in the show to do pretty roundhouse kicks. It makes no sense to make May the director. Maria Hill was in the show for a few episodes, but never lasted. I think they've had their try with Cobie Smulders, and she didn't cut it. It could be Fury, of course, since Sam Jackson is up for doing all these things, and might be doing them on the cheap... But, I'm still going with Emily VanCamp, or Sharon Carter. The character fits, and the actor is somewhat fresh and most likely cheap.

So yeah. That's my guess.

(Civil War spoilers) And yes, I've seen Civil War and know the events there concerning Sharon Carter, but there's nothing that would stop this move.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-19 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In the Marvel Mangaverse, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., after Nick Fury supposedly dies, is...

...Sharon Carter, who in the MCU is the niece of Peggy Carter, the co-founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.

That's who gets my vote.

Having watched the movie, I started thinking about that this morning, you may have hit the nail on the head with this. It won't be May, can't see them taking their kick-ass female lead and putting her behind a desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't she in the CIA?
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

Quote Originally Posted by galimim View Post
    Isn't she in the CIA?
    Well it's arguable her actions in the film will get her canned

Deleted
    WARNING! Civil War spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well it's arguable her actions in the film will get her canned
    Also, she seems to be in love with Cap, and Cap would kind of be on the side of SHIELD as far as "enhanced" people go.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-19 at 08:53 PM.

What's wrong with religion references?

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    What's wrong with religion references?
    In the show? Nothing. Doing 2-3 paragraphs on faith healing here? Everything.

I enjoyed that finale. Bit of a scene of poor writing when they had the dangerous Hive sealed up, and were just casually bringing his containment on base and just leaving it there while they took 5. Skye was going a little emo in there, so I guess her new hairstyle and look fits just fine.

Was funny to see them all playing hot potato with the cross, knowing whoever ended up with it was going to die. But the quinjet being capable of even reaching space seemed a bit unrealistic.

It was a nice touching moment at the end, seeing Hive and Lincoln have a calm moment of reflection together even though they were enemies. But the scene ended so abruptly after it, just jumping 6 months ahead. They could have milked that one for a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    But the quinjet being capable of even reaching space seemed a bit unrealistic.
    They were pretty clear that this was a happy accident of design; the thrusters they used were powerful enough and don't rely on oxygen intake from the atmosphere as much as "normal" jet engines, so it can thrust a quinjet into space. It doesn't have proper atmospherics for long-term stays, and has no capacity to maneuver in space. Having powerful engines is something that's perfectly reasonable for in-atmosphere maneuvers.

Deleted
    I am a bit disappointed with the finale, I expected better from AoS. Fight scenes weren't well choreographed, scenes with primatives didn't make much sense (shield agents using icers, why wouldn't they be equipped with real guns?), leaving Hive unsecured in cargo bay, letting Mack do the cauterization while there are doctors present. It just felt like way too much drama. There is an apocalyptic monster on the lose and people are too busy talking about their emotions. Also showing the cross on each character felt like musical chair game.

There were a lot of things I enjoyed, Dr. Redcliffe is a fun new character, Daisy showing her vulnerable side (begging Hive to take her back). But overall to me it wasn't as amazing as season 2 finale.