Well, I guess we will see.

...that is if GR gets moved to Netflix...

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    May says... "You don't get to choose who cares about you!" Oh what the hell come on now!? Of course you do! You absolutely get to choose who you give the privilege of being able to be in your life and in a position to care about you. I mean who writes this BS anyway. But, again, she had to have her nag in.
    You obviously didn't get what she meant. She meant no matter what you do you don't get to pick in your life who will care about you. People can care about you whether you let them in or not. You can choose who to give what information and such too, but that doesn't ultimately stop others from caring about you. It's like if you move away from people to another country, does that stop those you moved away from for caring about you? No, despite you not giving them that privilege.

And dialogue like in this latest episode, May says... "You don't get to choose who cares about you!" Oh what the hell come on now!? Of course you do! You absolutely get to choose who you give the privilege of being able to be in your life and in a position to care about you. I mean who writes this BS anyway. But, again, she had to have her nag in.
    What? They were already in her life, then she decided to be selfish and go away, that won't stop people from caring LMAO.

IF they did stop caring then it's best she would leave, no one needs people like that in their life anyway. Those aren't friends.

Good episode but my only complaint was why did Daisy lock out Coulson and May. I realize it was to save them but she did a damn fine job on her own almost beating everyone in the room. May, who is likely better at fighting that Daisy (which Daisy knows) would have been able to beat them all and add in Coulson and they would have had no trouble kicking the crap out of all the baddies which the ended up doing anyway. So I get was to show her sacrificing herself but it was utterly pointless since it wasn't even necessary.

Signature Created by Jassinta

All this Daisy drama is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Good episode but my only complaint was why did Daisy lock out Coulson and May. I realize it was to save them but she did a damn fine job on her own almost beating everyone in the room. May, who is likely better at fighting that Daisy (which Daisy knows) would have been able to beat them all and add in Coulson and they would have had no trouble kicking the crap out of all the baddies which the ended up doing anyway. So I get was to show her sacrificing herself but it was utterly pointless since it wasn't even necessary.
    It's not so much about not wanting their help; she knew they were anti-inhuman, and was letting out her anger at that. That's why it was "her fight", not theirs; it was personal. She could've just gone through the door with them, if she didn't deliberately WANT that fight.

I can't shake the feeling that revealing to the public he is inhuman was a huge mistake on the Director's part. I think he gets more credibility to the scared/suspicious/racist people when they see a man like them is fighting for equality and tolerance. Having an inhuman at the head of SHIELD just makes those people mistrust it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that revealing to the public he is inhuman was a huge mistake on the Director's part. I think he gets more credibility to the scared/suspicious/racist people when they see a man like them is fighting for equality and tolerance. Having an inhuman at the head of SHIELD just makes those people mistrust it more.
    It helps that he's a war hero in his own right. And not fighting for the inhumans, but fighting for his country. It feeds directly into the theme of it being more important WHO you are, rather than WHAT you are, which they seem to be underscoring. Especially when they introduce new AIs and what's powering the Darkhold/Ghost Rider; suddenly it's not "humanity vs Inhumans", but "a whole mess of stuff".

True, true, but often it doesn't matter what you were before - if you're different now, racist people hate you.

By the way, any chance the director might appear in the movies? He is quite an important character now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    By the way, any chance the director might appear in the movies? He is quite an important character now.
    If they're smart, they're hiring them on contracts which have "future cameo" clauses in them, guaranteeing payment amounts for those kinds of appearances. Which are likely high enough to incentivize against it too heavily (which could cause them to overwork actors and focus too much on the crossover), but low enough that it's not out-of-budget now and then. Some of the earliest hires, like Robert Downey Jr., maybe not, but the guy they have playing Spider-man, now? It would've been easy to stick a clause like that in, and he'd have little reason to take an issue with it, since more well-paid work playing a character he's already prepared to play is easy money.

Plus, TV isn't really lower-grade than cinema, any more, anyway.

I hope they at least show the Shield reveal on TV or something inside the next movie (or the next one if Doctor Strange happens before).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    • Ward going from "annoyingly generic dude" to "Hydra mastermind all along" to "the Hive" is pretty big deviation.
    • Skye/Daisy went from being "random hacker" to "agent of SHIELD" to "Inhuman" to "kickass agent" to "ex-agent"
    • Fitz is way more confident and secure than he was before his accident. Which was itself a major shift in character.
    • Simmons is starting to tarnish from her goodnik early days.
    some people find it hard to accept change is part of a story development cycle.. take Wow and the night elves, I have to keep reminding people that arcane-phobia night elves was a thing only at the start of their introduction haivng dominated their backstory - but the lore showed you them changing and makes it clear the phobia was never with the arcane source itself as much as it was the highborne who recklessly misused it that led to such catastrophe - yet people still think the night elves hate arcane magic and arcane users - confusing Maiev who's hatred was condemned and prompted a tempeorrary exile for her, as somehow being the voice of all night elves despite the story showing change.

I realise that oftne people don't record the change or improvements, just the first impressions - which is a shame, because for Shield or any on-going story media to improve, development and change have to happen. Today's audience won't be satified if thinsgs were exactly the same, especially if the people were still terrible or worse off. And hthis show has survived long enough to give it credit.

It was turned around, maybe the moaners did no watch the first season through

Holy crap, tonight's episode was awesome, seeing Ghost Rider bust out of the containment cell and kick the director's ass, thus firmly establishing him as tougher and stronger than anything else they've seen on the show. I also loved that in the flashback, we saw the Johnny Blaze incarnation of G.R. that most people are familiar with, with the motorcycle.

Only questions now is how bad is Eli Morrow now that he's successfully completed the ritual/experiment? And it's obvious that SHIELD can't even slow Ghost Rider down - how does the director plan to make him face justice if the Rider isn't interested in being tried? There is little they can do against him.

Well, that explains why he's in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Only questions now is how bad is Eli Morrow now that he's successfully completed the ritual/experiment? And it's obvious that SHIELD can't even slow Ghost Rider down - how does the director plan to make him face justice if the Rider isn't interested in being tried? There is little they can do against him.
    He'll probably transfer his power when his purpose is completed/ his uncle defeated.

Deleted
    Well, it would seem that the origin story of this Ghost Rider differs quite a bit from the comics. There's also unanswered questions here; since Robbie isn't being possessed by Eli's spirit as he is in the comics, what is his powers coming from? Was it Johnny or Danny who "saved" him? Did that Ghost Rider somehow pass a Spirit of Vengeance on to Robbie? There's also no medallion anywhere. Does any of this have anything to do with the Kale bloodline, or the Blood?

I have a feeling that Agents is bastardizing the Ghost Rider lore, dumbing it down incredibly, ignoring everything from the comics. I believe they'll never explain anything about Robbie or why he's a Ghost Rider, but rather just leave it at "he's a dude with a flaming skull, and he thinks he's possessed by the Devil, and he was given his powers by another dude with a flaming skull." About as dumbed down as you could possibly get. If that's the case, then I am disappoint. But, I suppose they cater to their audience, and that's the level of depth and authenticity they dare to give to these characters.

In the original Johnny Blaze origin JB thought he sold his soul to the Devil.

And even though he was tainted, he never knew that he had a demon bonded to him. It was just another side to him that was a bit more ruthless and nasty. And that was the way it was for the longest time until the last issues in that incarnation that revealed Zarathos. The whole side of that reality isn't supposed to be commonly known. And to be fair, I don't think Marvel ever wanted to get too much into it, since that demands a look at an angelic opposition. If Agents of SHIELD goes too far then that's where they should have to logically consider. Since this is a "demon" they can't handle then someone should call a priest. Hence my initial thought that Dr. Strange will have to make a guest appearance later; to get us away from the religious angle, and hit the mystical one.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2016-11-02 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that Agents is bastardizing the Ghost Rider lore, dumbing it down incredibly, ignoring everything from the comics. I believe they'll never explain anything about Robbie or why he's a Ghost Rider, but rather just leave it at "he's a dude with a flaming skull, and he thinks he's possessed by the Devil, and he was given his powers by another dude with a flaming skull." About as dumbed down as you could possibly get. If that's the case, then I am disappoint. But, I suppose they cater to their audience, and that's the level of depth and authenticity they dare to give to these characters.
    They're doing their own take, but the cinematic universe isn't Earth-616, so they're entitled. And I wouldn't say they're "dumbing it down"; glossing over the complex stuff and leaving a lot of the important questions for future Ghost Rider stories to reveal is not "dumbing it down", it's "not digging too deep". Which is a good thing, because the show is Agents of SHIELD, not Adventures of Ghost Rider. As long as they've got their lore figured out under the surface, they don't need to delve into it explicitly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're doing their own take, but the cinematic universe isn't Earth-616, so they're entitled. And I wouldn't say they're "dumbing it down"; glossing over the complex stuff and leaving a lot of the important questions for future Ghost Rider stories to reveal is not "dumbing it down", it's "not digging too deep". Which is a good thing, because the show is Agents of SHIELD, not Adventures of Ghost Rider. As long as they've got their lore figured out under the surface, they don't need to delve into it explicitly.
    Well, I mean, they've dug deep enough with the Inhumans stuff, which didn't really have much to do with SHIELD in the comics IIRC. Was kind of wishing more GR lore than just a generic flaming skull dude, but I suppose not. Thing is, I don't see any way of there being a GR movie with this actor, and I doubt he could carry a show either, so I'm thinking this is the extent of Ghost Rider in the MCU. That is, unless they bring Danny or Johnny into it. It's a safe bet Cage's days as the GR are over anyway, so might as well reboot GR into the MCU. Meaning Johnny or Danny, as a movie or Netflix show. Although, with Robbie being in SHIELD, that probably puts a stop to that, since there's the argument "the audience will be confused why there are two Ghost Riders", or something.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-02 at 02:48 PM.

Well, I mean, they've dug deep enough with the Inhumans stuff, which didn't really have much to do with SHIELD in the comics IIRC. Was kind of wishing more GR lore than just a generic flaming skull dude, but I suppose not. Thing is, I don't see any way of there being a GR movie with this actor, and I doubt he could carry a show either, so I'm thinking this is the extent of Ghost Rider in the MCU. That is, unless they bring Danny or Johnny into it. It's a safe bet Cage's days as the GR are over anyway, so might as well reboot GR into the MCU. Meaning Johnny or Danny, as a movie or Netflix show. Although, with Robbie being in SHIELD, that probably puts a stop to that, since there's the argument "the audience will be confused why there are two Ghost Riders", or something.
    We're only on episode 6 of a 22 episode season. There is still plenty of time to delve into it deeper. Also keep in mind they might change parts of the GR lore to fit their needs and there is nothing wrong with that.