Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I had a revelation. It involves Luke Cage, so spoiler tag in case someone hasn't watched that yet.

In Luke Cage, Cottonmouth is presented with the choice of buying an alien bullet that can penetrate enhanced people. The demonstration video has a couple of Russians messing around with it and blowing up a guy's chest. Diamondback later uses them to actually harm Cage. In S4E10 of AoS we see the Watchdogs attempt to assassinate Mace (who they at the time think is nigh-invulnerable). I realized that they used the same type of digging bullet.

So, either Diamondback is working for the Watchdogs, or the Watchdogs are working for Diamondback. Or both entities work for someone else.
    Judas Bullets were originally developed and manufactured by Hammer Industries, so it could just be that both the Watchdogs and Shades acquired them from Hammer, or from a third-party arms dealer that Hammer sold them to. Heck, Senator Nadeer might've purchased them for the Watchdogs as part of an existing Hammer Industries arms contract with the United States.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-02-23 at 07:47 PM.

Ya if its the same bullet they probably got it from Hammer or someone supplied by him, who probably based the bullets on the Exwife missle from Iorn Man 2, the one that failed to do anything. Wish they would have mentioned it by name in Shield tho, as it it could be another brand of drilling exploding bullet(it a fairly common SiFi trope)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Ya if its the same bullet they probably got it from Hammer or someone supplied by him, who probably based the bullets on the Exwife missle from Iorn Man 2, the one that failed to do anything. Wish they would have mentioned it by name in Shield tho, as it it could be another brand of drilling exploding bullet(it a fairly common SiFi trope)
    Yeah, I caught that during LC, I thought to myself "oh, Hammer tech, i wonder if Diamondback will have LC dead bang and then it'll fail, like Rhodey with the bunker buster lmao" and then nope. I do love those little nods you see now and then that keep everything connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I caught that during LC, I thought to myself "oh, Hammer tech, i wonder if Diamondback will have LC dead bang and then it'll fail, like Rhodey with the bunker buster lmao" and then nope. I do love those little nods you see now and then that keep everything connected.
    I just hope eventually some of them can appear in the movies, DD has fought enhanced heroes like Wolverine and Cap to standstills in the comics even impaling Wolverine with a sword at one point.

Jessica really isn't the best fighter, she has strength but doesn't have nearly enough durability to use it properly when guns are blazing or much combat skill.

Cage is strong and tough but is lacking in combat skill.

Iornfist has all of his magical Chi shit i would be cool to see in the movies.

I just hope eventually some of them can appear in the movies.
    Smallest of scenes that would encapsulate all of it:
    DAMAGE situation:
    Stark is talking to someone like Fury or Maria Hill, Coulson walks up "We've got things handled down here, I think they'll need you up there, Tony" "What, you... dead... how.." "I was. I'm not anymore. *motions behind him and we see Cage talking with Skye/Quake/Daisy* We've got a strong team to handle things. Say hi to Pepper for me." Tony turns back to Fury/Hill "Is that... "

Movie people stoked about Coulson, TV show people get a snip of Netflix and ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Smallest of scenes that would encapsulate all of it:
    DAMAGE situation:
    Stark is talking to someone like Fury or Maria Hill, Coulson walks up "We've got things handled down here, I think they'll need you up there, Tony" "What, you... dead... how.." "I was. I'm not anymore. *motions behind him and we see Cage talking with Skye/Quake/Daisy* We've got a strong team to handle things. Say hi to Pepper for me." Tony turns back to Fury/Hill "Is that... "

Movie people stoked about Coulson, TV show people get a snip of Netflix and ABC.
    I would love to see FitzSimmons talk shop with Stark. Though I assume Stark wouldn't take it seriously.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I would love to see FitzSimmons talk shop with Stark. Though I assume Stark wouldn't take it seriously.
    FitzSimmons would probably just awkward nerdgasem through the whole thing. I can see Stark taking an interest tbh, between the Icer's Daisy's gauntlets Aida ect, maybe even try to poach them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope eventually some of them can appear in the movies
    Unfortunately, from what I've heard there was some bad blood between the showrunners of AoS and the cinematic showrunners right when AoS started; they cooperated closely for the Winter Soldier intro, but then the cinematic universe showrunners have basically been shunning the TV stuff.

The Netflix stuff is probably the best bet for getting over that, because like you said, some of those heroes have A-list potential. If I were anyone working on a Marvel property, I'd be asking for an exclusivity arrangement in my contract; "until you fire me, I *am* <hero>, in any property you use them in." Offer an availability grant and a salary equity arrangement (not doing the Avengers for Netflix pilot monies), and it should be golden. Prevents the cinematic universe from getting "their own" Daredevil unless they can Charlie Cox.

The reason I mention this is the stupid nonsense on the DC side, where the Justice League movie is bringing in their own Flash when they've got a Flash TV show on the CW that's doing really well. Was a perfect opportunity to try and bridge that gap, and I'm sure it would've been a win/win for both the CW verse and the Snyderverse. Arrow's grimdark enough for Snyder, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    That would probably involve them coming to Stark with some issue they've been fighting about for weeks/months/years, and they can't get it to work. And Tony cocks his head, looks at it, and says "well, you've got the thrommwomble hooked up backwards. And you need a hoozit on this spot if you want to avoid an overcharge. Gimme. *tinker* *drilling noises* There. Works. Will also cook you a mean toaster strudel."

Stark's, like, stupidly smart. Fitz and Simmons are great, but they're regular-grade geniuses. Stark's usually listed in the top 5 smartest people on Earth-616. And the ones beating him out are the pure scientist supergeniuses; Reed Richards, Hanks Pym and McCoy (no relation), and Bruce Banner. And that's by a hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    and Bruce Banner.
    Which made their avengers banter all the more fun.

I just hope eventually some of them can appear in the movies, DD has fought enhanced heroes like Wolverine and Cap to standstills in the comics even impaling Wolverine with a sword at one point.
    That must have been kinda silly to see such combat veterans like Logan and Cap written as mediocre fighters...Sorry, but DD just isn't that badass in the comics. (At least he wasn't up until the mid-90s when I stopped reading comics. He's always been a a mid-level street fighter) Both Logan and especially Cap have survived high level fights with the likes of the Hulk and bigger.

I recall when Cage and Ironfist first met the Hulk. It wasn't pretty at all. (The writer apparently wanted to make a statement and a reality check)

Stark's, like, stupidly smart. Fitz and Simmons are great, but they're regular-grade geniuses. Stark's usually listed in the top 5 smartest people on Earth-616. And the ones beating him out are the pure scientist supergeniuses; Reed Richards, Hanks Pym and McCoy (no relation), and Bruce Banner. And that's by a hair.
    Doctor Doom should be listed among top geniuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Probably, but whether he places in that top 5 is up for debate. I also wasn't including people like T'Challa, Amadeus Cho, and Peter Parker, and they're all just a hair's shade below those top brains themselves.

If you expand the list to top 10, Doom would be on there for sure. Either way, my point was that Fitz and Simmons are regular-grade geniuses (though great characters, and still geniuses), but the top-rank brains like Stark are so smart their brains are basically a superpower. Stark engineers his way out of everything. Reed defeats most of his enemies with his brain, not his rubber-body powers. Etc.

Probably, but whether he places in that top 5 is up for debate.
    I don't think so. Doom is among the top two. (Reed may edge him out, but it isn't by much)
    But as you say the point was being made about Fitz and Simmons, so I'll drop it.

I don't think so. Doom is among the top two. (Reed may edge him out, but it isn't by much)
    But as you say the point was being made about Fitz and Simmons, so I'll drop it.
    Considering how much Doom messed up Battleworld and Reed having to fix everything, I'm not sure Doom is written as intelligent these days as he used to be.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Considering how much Doom messed up Battleworld and Reed having to fix everything, I'm not sure Doom is written as intelligent these days as he used to be.
    The other challenge is that each of these superbrains have specialities.

Cosmic-level science, extending to interplanar stuff? Reed Richards, every day.
    Mechanical engineering? Stark.
    Wild and crazy ideas that he somehow gets to work? Pym.
    Biology/genetics? McCoy.
    Doom? Tactics and magic, really.

Trying to figure out objectively which one's "smartest" inevitably boils down to an "at what?" question, at some point.

That must have been kinda silly to see such combat veterans like Logan and Cap written as mediocre fighters...Sorry, but DD just isn't that badass in the comics. (At least he wasn't up until the mid-90s when I stopped reading comics. He's always been a a mid-level street fighter) Both Logan and especially Cap have survived high level fights with the likes of the Hulk and bigger.

I recall when Cage and Ironfist first met the Hulk. It wasn't pretty at all. (The writer apparently wanted to make a statement and a reality check)

I was basing that on the wiki never actually read those comics, but as long as they don't have super speed its not that outlandish that he could fight them at a stand still, not win mind you. If he can sense all their attacks before they happen it doesn't matter how strong Cap's punches are or how sharp Wolverine's claws are, he can hold them at bay till he gets exhausted, as cap and ww have higher stamina. But ya pissed hulk shits on all of them, Ww not as badly, but i mean if hulk is pissed enough almost no one can stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A damn shame.
    Back in the 70s, Latveria wasn't taken seriously as a major power until Doom gave a tour to the US Sec of State (Then Kissinger) of his inventions (including a nuclear blast contained in a single room)

I was basing that on the wiki never actually read those comics, but as long as they don't have super speed its not that outlandish that he could fight them at a stand still, not win mind you.
    Both Cap and Logan were supposed to have enhanced reflexes/reaction time. (Cap is supposed to be 10x faster than normal human.)

o..the memories...

Ok then all my info comes from the 616 universe entry's on the wiki, both DD and cap seem to be nerfed in the mcu. And WW was feral when DD stabbed him so i guess that could have impacted his reaction times. Like i said i have no real idea but i love the discussion. Their power pages are too big to post fully

DD

Superhuman Reflexes: Possibly due to his exposure to the radioactive waste that caused his blindness, Matt's reflexes are enhanced to the degree where he is quick enough to catch a sai thrown by Bullseye, can easily dodge point blank gunfire.

Enhanced Agility: Matt's agility is similarly enhanced. Even while injured, he can still deflect a sniper bullet that Spider-Man couldn't

Cap

Peak Human Agility: His agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist. He can coordinate his body with balance, flexibility, and dexterity.[citation needed]

Peak Human Reflexes: Rogers' reflexes border on superhuman level. His reaction speed is 20 kph, which makes it possible for him to dodge gunfire even in point blank range from multiple gunners at the same time.[citation needed]

WW

Enhanced Speed: Wolverine was able to move at low level superhuman speeds. He has attacked faster than the eye could follow and even Spider-Man briefly thought Wolverine was faster than he was in their first fight. His combat speed seems to have been more enhanced than anything else, as he has frequently kept up with Spider-Man in combat, and blitzed people before they pull their trigger fingers.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Matthew...ck_(Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Rogers_(Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/James_Howlett_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-26 at 05:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The last episode was pretty good. Jemma's voice seemed off....not bad but it seemed like she was sick with a cold.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The last episode was pretty good. Jemma's voice seemed off....not bad but it seemed like she was sick with a cold.
    I noticed that as well. I assumed it was like that since she had been dead for a while and so her voice was off.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I noticed that as well. I assumed it was like that since she had been dead for a while and so her voice was off.
    I was thinking that as well....but then it lasted longer than I thought that it should have.

I loved the evil director, she looked very good there.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose