Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah I am a little disappointed with Trip. At the end of the first season I figured he would just sort of fill in the same role Ward did with him being a sort of mentor to the spy-in-training Skye, but that didn't happen. Then they added Hunter to fill in the cocky agent role so now Trip almost has no reason to even be there anymore. Mac's friendship with Fitz has been one of the highlights of this season so I really hope they don't kill him off.
    Sadly, I'm pretty sure Mac is dead. As for Trip, I'm disappointed as well, and I almost wonder if had a different commitment that reduced his time (he was listed in the Avengers 2 cast). Maybe he'll get more play as the season goes on.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they're not killing off Mack so Trip can take his place. That would ssuucckk
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Have to agree on the general opinion about Mack and Trip. I know it's almost certain that he's dead but I still hope he comes out of it alive. He is after all in my opinion one of the few likable characters in the show. Also strange that they teased again the Mack and Mockingbird relationship and then something happened to him.

I don't know, I often have a hard time to sympathize with the characters because they often act like jerks or are just not that interesting. Maybe it's because they want to highlight them as "badasses" but it often feels too forced / less involving. And I think it would be horrible to have a Simmons Trip relationship... I mean, even if they don't give us SimmonsFitz, they don't need to establish a new couple...

I am still excited for the mid-season finale though.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Sadly, I'm pretty sure Mac is dead. As for Trip, I'm disappointed as well, and I almost wonder if had a different commitment that reduced his time (he was listed in the Avengers 2 cast). Maybe he'll get more play as the season goes on.
    I do wonder if that's the case.

If Trip has a reasonably large role in Age of Ultron, then perhaps the reason he wasn't in Season 2 all that much was simply because he was tied up on the movie set most of the time. Mack might of been either written in or expanded from a much smaller role in order to replace the void Trip's absence left.

Whether or not Mack lives is probably a question of what sort of role he had prior to Trip being written out of most of the first half of Season 2. I do expect his role to diminish significantly though.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Have to agree on the general opinion about Mack and Trip. I know it's almost certain that he's dead but I still hope he comes out of it alive. He is after all in my opinion one of the few likable characters in the show. Also strange that they teased again the Mack and Mockingbird relationship and then something happened to him.

I don't know, I often have a hard time to sympathize with the characters because they often act like jerks or are just not that interesting. Maybe it's because they want to highlight them as "badasses" but it often feels too forced / less involving. And I think it would be horrible to have a Simmons Trip relationship... I mean, even if they don't give us SimmonsFitz, they don't need to establish a new couple...
    I like the larger cast to the show and Mack & Tripp are both developed "enough" to be have personalities without demanding center of attention. I also enjoyed Oswalt's role, fun to see him and still no real explanations.

The airplane standoff really ruined the episode for me though. Just all around bad. I'd wanted some alien-city-spelunking, but crazy-mack was fun anyway, even lizard-face-fake-may was decent and I forgave them not just... putting a bullet in her. (Which is hard to forgive since it's such a huge error.) Handing over the only reason your plane isn't shot down? The entire Ward dialogue scene? Ugh.

The dream was good, some of the interaction with Raina/ Skye was good (ha, sky, rain), but it does run into the "tv show run time" problem. They had Raina for hours, should have been plenty more information and what they did get shouldn't have been scattered as it was. But since it's scenes between other scenes, the dialogue gets chopped up. I do wonder how those "touched" with the kree blood, like Coulson, will interact with the Altar.

(I was also disappointed to see the drones return, but then they all went dark, so yay!)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Well, Tripp is hardly involved in anything and Oswalt disappeared for almost the entire season (some pages before I was already wondering what he is indeed doing in the HQ... janitor business, reading Agent Carter's diaries?). The only thing I remember of Tripp is that he likes to flirt with the ladies

I thought it was nice that they wanted to build up a "family" in the first season although they never really had big chemistry together IMO. Especially due to Cap2 and Ward's betrayal, they started to be quite cold and distant. Maybe this is justified due to Hydra's reveal. Besides Hunter, I think Simmons and Mack were the only duo I thought were likable. I just don't feel as involved in the show as for example Arrow or even Flash. Maybe I prefer lighter action I loved for example Chuck, was an awesome combination of nerd and secret agent stuff.

Noooooooo!!!!!! Poor, poor ....

*sob*

So, um, the name ... 2001 reference, or a marvel character name I don't know?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Noooooooo!!!!!! Poor, poor ....

*sob*

So, um, the name ... 2001 reference, or a marvel character name I don't know?

Most likely a Marvel character, specifically Daisy Johnson, AKA Quake. ([URL="http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_(Earth-616)"]link[/URL]). She can create intense, seismic vibrations. If this is correct, then earthquake at the end of the episode might of been Skye/Daisy's powers manifesting rather then anything the city was doing. We definitely know Trip didn't interrupt the transformation by shattering the crystal (poor Trip, he would of been fine if he hadn't done that) since our brief glimpse of Raina shows that her appearance had been radically altered.

Interestingly, Daisy isn't an Inhuman in the comics. Her powers are genetic in origin, but due to genetic manipulation her father performed on himself rather then the mutant gene (hence why Marvel can use her in the MCU). Marvel is probably grouping everyone with genetic powers under the umbrella of the Inhumans for the sake of simplicity in the MCU.

Also side note. I hope the eyeless Inhuman we saw at the end has some other ability to compensate his lack of eyes. Otherwise he underwent terrogenesis and then went blind and that was that.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2014-12-10 at 03:22 AM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    We don't know, but if you are familiar with the Marvel Universe there's at least a strong possibility to who she is supposed to be. The last episode somewhat made it more plausable, with how her father is depicted.

Spoiler here, of course.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_(Earth-616)

which would make her father

http://marvel.wikia.com/Calvin_Zabo_(Earth-616)
    Damn, you called it!

Insane episode tonight!
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

So I've still missed a few episodes in the 2nd season, but does anyone know why those alien drawings were in that Russian research building agent Ward broke into in the first season? You would think that would mean the two guys who drew it on the chalkboard held some kind of significance, but the show just glossed over them. Also why and who would anyone be so interested in seeing those markings then?

Bloody hell, that was one heck of an episode.

I'm glad Mack is alive but I can't believe Triplett died (wasn't the character supposed to appear in the Avengers or some other Marvel film?)
    I'm curious to see how powerful Skye, well, Daisy is.

Fantastic episode.
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief

Deleted
    that was just pure awesomeness.
    FINALY the inhumans in the mcu. now civil war can come (in a while). im very curious who raina will be, but skye/daisy seems more interesting this season. so finaly we know for sure.
    but trip dieing was soooooo sad =( i realy liked him from the first moment in s1 he appeared in.
    and all because he cared too much. sad sad death. i wonder how fitz will handle that blow. im so excited to see how this show continues. i think it is a great addition for the mcu to do all that neccesary buildup and take your time to flesh out characters that might be to far off the side for the mcu movies.
    i wonder if all the future superhumans like deardevil are inhumans.
    now that i think about it, couldnt that eyeless one in the end be matt murdoch? its a far fetch, but i could see the mcu going that way.
    overall the hypelvl is pritty high for all things mcu for me. and everything i hear increases it (well, everything but the news spidey almost was part of civil war, that would have been great).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexand3r View Post

I'm glad Mack is alive but I can't believe Triplett died (wasn't the character supposed to appear in the Avengers or some other Marvel film?)
    I'm curious to see how powerful Skye, well, Daisy is.

Fantastic episode.

While it's difficult to place her level of power just yet, I can confidently say that she can't be too powerful or she'll render the rest of the team irrelevant in most circumstances. She also needs to be powerful enough to use her powers to get everyone out of the city.

I kind of wonder if they'll be phasing out Hydra in favor of this new Inhuman group as the show's main villains. Since after this episode all the HYDRA characters of consequence in the show are either dead, captured, or have abandoned the faction.

My guess is that what's left of HYDRA is going to be smashed in Age of Ultron, likely by Ultron himself while he's still (somewhat) obeying his original programming. My guess is that the showrunners didn't want the season finale's antagonists to be the guys who get the crap beaten out of them in the first 30 minutes of Age of Ultron, especially since the season finale will probably be about a month-ish [I]after [/I]Age of Ultron releases (assuming minimal breaks and a similar number of episodes as Season 1's second half).

Ex-HYDRA agents (other then Grant and 33) will probably still pop up from time to time, but the major players will be the Inhumans.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoilerific interview about last night's episode with the AoS producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexand3r View Post

but I can't believe Triplett died (wasn't the character supposed to appear in the Avengers or some other Marvel film?)

The actor is (was? haven't checked lately) listed on IMDB in the credits of Avengers 2, but his character has never been there. Perhaps they've decided to use the actor in a different role in the MCU, and that meant killing him here. I noted several pages back the oddity of him being listed as a guest star, and plus he hasn't been used as much during the season (busy doing other stuff?) so obviously this isn't out of the blue, but it still kinda sucks.

Surprised at how easily Mack survived though.

The one question I'm interested in is

If Coulson had made it in to the room, what would've happened to him? Would he have fallen apart, or would Tahiti have saved and transformed him?

Finally

Was Raina wearing Flower Dresses a clue about Skye's real name?

Ugh, can't believe we have to wait until March.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they really fucking making us wait until March for Episode 11!?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Are they really fucking making us wait until March for Episode 11!?
    Yep, but we'll have Agent Carter to tide us over starting January 6th. I just hope it's good.

Deleted

Was Raina wearing Flower Dresses a clue about Skye's real name?

I think the tune her dad was humming was a more blatant reference

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I think the tune her dad was humming was a more blatant reference
    yeah, but that was in the same episode. I'm mean way back in season one when she first appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    that was just pure awesomeness.
    i wonder if all the future superhumans like deardevil are inhumans.
    now that i think about it, couldnt that eyeless one in the end be matt murdoch? its a far fetch, but i could see the mcu going that way.
    There is an Inhuman called Reader who, while blind, can see through other means, and so far in the Inhuman comic has been seen seeking out new Inhumans, and claims to have met Daredevil once. The character at the end of the episode appears to be blind, but he was first seen putting down a book when he noticed his Diviner going off. I think the blind-but-reading is a clue that this is Reader.

yeah, but that was in the same episode. I'm mean way back in season one when she first appeared.

According to the interview I linked a few posts ago, they didn't have Skye's true identity nailed down until they were done with about half the first season. So anything that appeared before late in Season 1 couldn't be a deliberate foreshadowing of her identity, because before then she didn't really have one. Even if Daisy Johnson was on the short list from day one, they would of had to of left the story open for other possibilities.