Awww crap. Forgot all about it being on tonight. Going to have to watch it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to start avoidng this thread again! This season doesn't air in the UK until January :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Time to start avoidng this thread again! This season doesn't air in the UK until January :'(
    umm you dont have internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    umm you dont have internet?
    Nope, I'm accessing this site through the power OF THE MIND!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Damn, that was a good show!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Really, really liked the opening sequence, settled back into standard AoS mediocrity after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm not sure which gets more time during season production... Thinking up new wierd shit to do to Ward, or thinking up new horrible things to do to FitzSimmons XD.
    Not gonna lie. I miss season 1 Fitzsimmons.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I tried to start this series. The first 5-6 episodes were so over the top fucking hilariously BAD. JUST BAD. God they were terrible. So I asked my friends, does this ever get better? Does this show ever redeem itself? 15 people said no IMMEDIATELY. Three of which weren't even people on my friends list! So I skipped ahead and watched like 4 episodes of season 2. Still fucking terrible. I seriously don't understand how this show is still going. It's nothing but memes and tropes and overly done cliches. It has the same cast formula as a dozen or more shows that are BETTER than this.
    Well...

You started one season, didnt liked it and jumped to second season. You started two separated stories. Thats your problem.

And yes, it is getting better around middle of the first season (which first part is really boring). Season two also introduces lots of new characters which are great and didnt yet ruined estabilished characters.
    After season 2, dont bother. It is then as you describe. Guilty pleasure of mine, watching now only because FitzSimmons. If not for them i would not bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Not gonna lie. I miss season 1 Fitzsimmons.
    You mean super repressed Will they/Won't they FitzSimmons . That's cool but eventually the back and forth gets super old, it was clear they were going to end up together, so it's just a question of when and how.

I feel like everyone either loves this show or hates it with enough bile and venom that they will still be spitting it out on their death beds.

Weird phenomenon.

Also weird that people that hate the show so much post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I feel like everyone either loves this show or hates it with enough bile and venom that they will still be spitting it out on their death beds.

Weird phenomenon.

I enjoy the show alot. I've never not liked it. Though I'm curious if Asgard will get involved this season since it seems that Jamie Alexander is done playing Lady Sif.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I enjoy the show alot. I've never not liked it. Though I'm curious if Asgard will get involved this season since it seems that Jamie Alexander is done playing Lady Sif.
    Same here. Even the first part of season 1, the section most people moan about, I found decent enough to enjoy.

So far I feel like we're so off the rails in Season 5 that I don't know what to expect, which is a good thing.

It's not that she's done playing her at all. She wanted to play her in the Thor movie, but scheduling conflicts prevented it. Last article I read she very much wants to keep playing it, just her TV Show conflicted so they decided not to utilize her this time. Leaving it available for her in the future since she did not suffer the same fate as the others.

Weird phenomenon.
    Most folks that I know that started the series just stopped watching, some are even surprised it's still on. Most left at various points of season1. I stayed through end of season2 and feel it was a waste of time to do so, but I don't hate the show. I do think the show is bad, the acting is bad, the plots are bad, but it doesn't like, offend me.

This is where your view might be a bit skewed. The folks still posting are the ones that hate it with a passion, or just feel like doing that online to pass the time.

Of course, at times I have replied to the repeated "oh, but after Winter Soldier it turns around and everything makes sense!" stuff. It's really not true. The Winter Soldier turn is used to excuse the bad acting/plotting, but since Hydra is used totally different in the tv than it is in the movies, it's still wrong. Also this idea that the tv show matters at all to the MCU, superfans of the show might believe that, but it's an odd thing to rant about in the MCU threads.

Folks like the show, cool. No need to make it out to be more than it is.

Oh, and sometimes I peek into this thread since even though I've unsubscribed before, it still shows up so I click out of boredom.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Weird phenomenon.

I own a comic shop so I usually talk to a wide variety of customers and many of them are indifferent to the show. So for the longest time I didn't watch the show. I figured I would get around to it eventually because its still nerd TV but I would've had to steal it and I was lazy.

Eventually I did watch it and found it to be decent. I think the biggest complaint is that none of the actors are super-compelling. They do an OK job, I don't hate them, even care about them sometimes but its like the difference between Enterprise and Next Generation. The latter even at its worst still had Patrick Stewart.

I do admire the show's capacity to do weird shit to its characters though. When I first saw Agent Coulson way back in IM1, I didn't ever expect to see him strapped to a bed having a machine editing his exposed brain whilst he begs for death.

I liked the opener this season. Last season we see them in space and I'm thinking is their new base in space and are we going to see S.W.O.R.D.? Nope, did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Most folks that I know that started the series just stopped watching, some are even surprised it's still on. Most left at various points of season1. I stayed through end of season2 and feel it was a waste of time to do so, but I don't hate the show. I do think the show is bad, the acting is bad, the plots are bad, but it doesn't like, offend me.

This is where your view might be a bit skewed. The folks still posting are the ones that hate it with a passion, or just feel like doing that online to pass the time.

Of course, at times I have replied to the repeated "oh, but after Winter Soldier it turns around and everything makes sense!" stuff. It's really not true. The Winter Soldier turn is used to excuse the bad acting/plotting, but since Hydra is used totally different in the tv than it is in the movies, it's still wrong. Also this idea that the tv show matters at all to the MCU, superfans of the show might believe that, but it's an odd thing to rant about in the MCU threads.

Folks like the show, cool. No need to make it out to be more than it is.

Oh, and sometimes I peek into this thread since even though I've unsubscribed before, it still shows up so I click out of boredom.

I do agree that I don't quite get the rage that people have over how the assorted Marvel shows aren't connected to the movies enough. Ironically, AoS is probably the most connected, but even that is relatively sparse at its best moments. To me it just feels like being irritated that, say, the Daredevil comic book isn't completely wired into the New Avengers or something.

Same here. Even the first part of season 1, the section most people moan about, I found decent enough to enjoy.

So far I feel like we're so off the rails in Season 5 that I don't know what to expect, which is a good thing.
    I loved season 1. I loved season 1 Fitzsimmons. When they were innocent and somewhat quirky. The only thing that really bugged me about season 1 and it's a small complaint was May's attitude (again it's only a small beef). It was great to finally see Coulson in a serious enough light compared to how minor of a character he was in the movies prior to that.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that I don't quite get the rage that people have over how the assorted Marvel shows aren't connected to the movies enough. Ironically, AoS is probably the most connected, but even that is relatively sparse at its best moments. To me it just feels like being irritated that, say, the Daredevil comic book isn't completely wired into the New Avengers or something.
    Like the people who wanted the defenders to make it into Infinity wars I wanted so much for Agents of shield to make it into the infinity wars. But they said that Coulson being alive would be too confusing for people who only watch the movies.

I guess at least we know they'll do an episode to tie into infinity wars though. Like they did for Thor and the Avengers and the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not that she's done playing her at all. She wanted to play her in the Thor movie, but scheduling conflicts prevented it. Last article I read she very much wants to keep playing it, just her TV Show conflicted so they decided not to utilize her this time. Leaving it available for her in the future since she did not suffer the same fate as the others.
    I was told her contract was up for Sif. I was also told the new sif that was in Ragnarok (the valkyre) was glad sif wasn't in it because then the valkyre would probably have been killed off.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more that you get oddness when shit goes down in NYC and nobody but the title heroes get involved. Like, take The Defenders. The Hand's plot could've leveled NYC; it was causing earthquakes and involved a hell of a lot of explosives. It's bad enough to get Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones to all team up. But where's Spider-man? Timeline-wise, this is right around the same time his stuff's going on in Homecoming. Where's Iron Man, who lives in and runs his business from NYC? Stark Tower's a whopping 8 blocks away from the Midland Circle building. He's not curious why there's earthquakes? Given his paranoia about external threats?

It's generally okay for AoS, since they're all over the planet (or elsewhere) and mostly dealing with covert stuff, but the Netflix series are a bit of an odd duck, given how the films and those series are all focused right in NYC. I could accept the Hand flying under the radar up to The Defenders, and the rest of the stuff was small/personal, but the events in The Defenders were a bit high-scale for nobody else to notice. Especially when we see Iron Man showing up out of the blue in the cinematic universe constantly, since he has remote suits and stuff.

It doesn't bug me with AoS. It kind of bugged me with The Defenders, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's more that you get oddness when shit goes down in NYC and nobody but the title heroes get involved. Like, take The Defenders. The Hand's plot could've leveled NYC; it was causing earthquakes and involved a hell of a lot of explosives. It's bad enough to get Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones to all team up. But where's Spider-man? Timeline-wise, this is right around the same time his stuff's going on in Homecoming. Where's Iron Man, who lives in and runs his business from NYC? Stark Tower's a whopping 8 blocks away from the Midland Circle building. He's not curious why there's earthquakes? Given his paranoia about external threats?

It's generally okay for AoS, since they're all over the planet (or elsewhere) and mostly dealing with covert stuff, but the Netflix series are a bit of an odd duck, given how the films and those series are all focused right in NYC. I could accept the Hand flying under the radar up to The Defenders, and the rest of the stuff was small/personal, but the events in The Defenders were a bit high-scale for nobody else to notice. Especially when we see Iron Man showing up out of the blue in the cinematic universe constantly, since he has remote suits and stuff.

It doesn't bug me with AoS. It kind of bugged me with The Defenders, though.
    On one hand, sure I get that. On the other, this kind of thing happens in the comics all the damn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, sure I get that. On the other, this kind of thing happens in the comics all the damn time.
    Right, but the big selling point of the MCU is the interconnection. In the films, everything ties together. And then you've got the TV shows, which oddly aren't. And the reason basically boils down to pissing matches between producers. We don't even need cameos, just references and nods, avoiding those references and nods or being cagey about them (as the Netflix shows are) just seems . . . weird, in context.