Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Calling it now! Emerald Dream/South seas X-Pack!

Hello all! This is prolly the 1000000000000th topic about the next x-pack, and ive been reading them all with a great amount of pleasure, so I though ill put my 2 cents in it!

Main bosses will be Queen Azshara and N'zoth

First people keep saying that the emeral dream is over done finito.. well thats not true, the nightmare isnt defeated just the satyr Xavius who was also the one who convinced queen azshara to trust and help the daemon lord Sargeras and he convinced her to use the sunwell to open a portal so that he and the legion could invade our world.

Second I am not saying we wont encount a legion part,I think since it is the 10th year of wow we could be in for a big story part which could go all the way! And I think they are hinting to much about the legion with Wrathion, that I think we are going to go a whole other direction.

So here goes my theory.

1: There is N'Zoth who is rumored to be the old god who whispered to Azshara ""There is a way...you will become more than you ever were...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well.."

And thus created the Naga!

He is also supposed to be the one who drove Deathwing to madness and created the Emerald Nightmare, thus being active in the blueprints of Azeroth.

Rumor has it that in the nightmare part there is a portal between The Emerald Dream and the Maelstrom(correct me when wrong here) and thus he can travel between these area's supporting the theory of his allegiance with Queen Azshara

2: We need to kill Queen Azshara before we can defeat Sargeras simply because its logical, if we defeat Sargeras what challenge will there be with killing off Queen Azshara... but anyway, we are going to get underwater parts simply because I think that the story there isnt done yet hence Cata underwater area where the story wasnt finished and they said that adding a underwater raid simply wasnt usefull for the current storyline in Cata. But I 1000% sure we are going to go there, perhaps they are going to add a few islands. But I think it will go this way, when we fight Queen Azshara in the end she is going to open or already has opened portals for the Legion to go through. But at the end of Wow 6.4-6.5 we will go trough this portal/portals.

I have no idea what the lvling zones will be since that wasnt my intention.

I am sure we are going to be getting 5 lvl's and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, and since im a real lore geek and I just love the Warcraft scene I cant wait!!!!!

But anyway, this is me 2 cents about it.

Feel free to discuss this topic if you feel the need to! If you want to correct me here go ahead! Im allways up for learning new stuff!

Please no flaming here, I understand this has been discussed a 1000 times and I people feel offended im sorry!

Any clues as to why you think that is next expansion though? All signs are pointing to the Burning Legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a slight revelation upon looking up a Metzen quote for another thread.

What if next Expansion further continues the A v H conflict and brings it to its dark extreme. Where the Horde becomes actually evil, either under the control of that Blackrock Orc (serving the Legion) or under Sylvanas.

Alternatively, <Insert standard Burning Legion invasion idea here>.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I had a slight revelation upon looking up a Metzen quote for another thread.

What if next Expansion further continues the A v H conflict and brings it to its dark extreme. Where the Horde becomes actually evil, either under the control of that Blackrock Orc (serving the Legion) or under Sylvanas.
    Because that's pseudo-what's happening now. And since Blizzard is all keen on doing the whole "each side has its good/bad points," you'd have another schism in the horde where the good guys like vol'jin and so forth go against sylvannas and start a rebellion... which is basically what's happening right now.

If Sylvannas is going to be dealt with, I hope it's in some way that massively humbles her... seeing as she's proven that Blizzard will always find some way to "write her back from the dead."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"Hey subs are continually going down, how can we win our fans back?"

"How about ANOTHER island, maybe five or so, but this time, no exciting backstory. And, AND, a parallel dimension that is all Feralas without anything like Dire Maul in it."

"JACKPOT!"

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:06 PM ----------

Azshara will be nothing more than a future expansion's Thunder King. You can't make a whole expansion around the naga.

I am hoping we deal with Azshara and N'zoth. As for the dream itself I imagine it would be like the isle of thunder or molten front. Because there isn't much in there for a whole expansion

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there will be a really bad dude who destroys some things and/or kills some people to show everyone that he's bad stuff, and instead of engaging him directly we'll spend 2 raid patches killing his henchmen and earning reputation with many factions that agree that the dude is really bad, and then instead of just destroying Azeroth like he originally claims he'll wait until the 3rd raid patch when we're ready to actually engage the son of a bitch in raid combat.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    "Hey subs are continually going down, how can we win our fans back?"

"How about ANOTHER island, maybe five or so, but this time, no exciting backstory. And, AND, a parallel dimension that is all Feralas without anything like Dire Maul in it."

"JACKPOT!"

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:06 PM ----------

Azshara will be nothing more than a future expansion's Thunder King. You can't make a whole expansion around the naga.
    Why is that? Azshara is one of the strongest beings on Azeroth. Blizzard said when cata came out that they wanted azshara for her own expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 03:11 PM ----------

I think you might be on to something.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Why is that? Azshara is one of the strongest beings on Azeroth. Blizzard said when cata came out that they wanted azshara for her own expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 03:11 PM ----------

I think you might be on to something.
    We will deal with Azshara, but not next. We've had our fill of Azeroth after 3 expansions on it. Another undiscovered island, or another aquatic zone, would seem more bland, frustrating, and boring than exciting and new.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While I agree that 3 x-packs in a row on Azeroth will be a bit boring, playing in the Emerald dream and underwater would create a whole other environment. But I guess well see in a few months right!

@sTyLnK the signs are pointing there but its Blizzard! They can easily throw us a bone and than give us something really different!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the opinion that either concept, south seas or Emerald Dream, can sustain a full expansion on their own. The only sticking point is N'Zoth.

As creator of the Nightmare, fighting him at the end of an Emerald Dream expansion makes sense. As the possible power behind the naga and the patron of Azshara, he would also work well in a south seas related expansion, possibly rising from the ocean in the city of Ny'alotha.

No reason he couldn't feature in first one and then the other, of course, but I don't know how likely that is. Combining the expansion concepts would work, but I think it would hamper both of them and keep them from realizing their full potential.

Deleted
    To be honest I would support this. By merging an Azshara expansion with an Emerald Dream one, they'd also ensure they don't have to "make everything green" or "make everything underwater" as both of those options would push people away.

Furthermore, there's a lot of islands they can use still in the middle of Azeroth, and they could couple them with Azshara and N'zoth or the Nightmare trying to bring parts of the Emerald Dream/Nightmare to the living world, thus making the whole new "continent" feel like one pieces and not make you jump from area to area and feel disconnected.

I think it would be a great idea.

They could also let Kil'jaden to be fixed on a trip to Argus in a later expansion, where Argus is presented like an alien landscape that's quite different from regular Legion worlds since maybe the erredar kept their style there or something. Then they could focus on some titan like expansion, leading to some vaults of the titans, where either we get to fight minions of the titans or some of the titans themselves as they've been corrupted or something.

Last, we could go to a full Legion world and fight Sargeras.

After that they'll need new lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    you cant make a whole expansion around the Pandarian.....Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no, for the love of god no.

Lets go and take on the Burning Crusade once and for all, to their realm/world. Hopefully with 8 to 12 zones, level 90 to 100, and a lot of content.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please let it be burning legion expansion so that we can move out of the content I dislike as fast as possible and move to another scourge or old god expansion. As much as I enjoyed playing in TBC I always hated those demons especially hellfire peninsula out of all zones, shadowmoon valley was actually epic due to the awesome quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the end of the emerald dream expansion everyone will want to burn forests down, murder critters and pollute azeroth so much that it would take a million years before it can heal>.<

Isn't the emerald dream just a special plane of the normal world? Sure you can make a zone that plays in the Emerald Dream every now and then but how would a entire expansion work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomii View Post
    Hello all! This is prolly the 1000000000000th topic about the next x-pack, and ive been reading them all with a great amount of pleasure, so I though ill put my 2 cents in it!

Main bosses will be Queen Azshara and N'zoth

First people keep saying that the emeral dream is over done finito.. well thats not true, the nightmare isnt defeated just the satyr Xavius who was also the one who convinced queen azshara to trust and help the daemon lord Sargeras and he convinced her to use the sunwell to open a portal so that he and the legion could invade our world.

Second I am not saying we wont encount a legion part,I think since it is the 10th year of wow we could be in for a big story part which could go all the way! And I think they are hinting to much about the legion with Wrathion, that I think we are going to go a whole other direction.

So here goes my theory.

1: There is N'Zoth who is rumored to be the old god who whispered to Azshara ""There is a way...you will become more than you ever were...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well.."

And thus created the Naga!

He is also supposed to be the one who drove Deathwing to madness and created the Emerald Nightmare, thus being active in the blueprints of Azeroth.

Rumor has it that in the nightmare part there is a portal between The Emerald Dream and the Maelstrom(correct me when wrong here) and thus he can travel between these area's supporting the theory of his allegiance with Queen Azshara

2: We need to kill Queen Azshara before we can defeat Sargeras simply because its logical, if we defeat Sargeras what challenge will there be with killing off Queen Azshara... but anyway, we are going to get underwater parts simply because I think that the story there isnt done yet hence Cata underwater area where the story wasnt finished and they said that adding a underwater raid simply wasnt usefull for the current storyline in Cata. But I 1000% sure we are going to go there, perhaps they are going to add a few islands. But I think it will go this way, when we fight Queen Azshara in the end she is going to open or already has opened portals for the Legion to go through. But at the end of Wow 6.4-6.5 we will go trough this portal/portals.

I have no idea what the lvling zones will be since that wasnt my intention.

I am sure we are going to be getting 5 lvl's and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, and since im a real lore geek and I just love the Warcraft scene I cant wait!!!!!

But anyway, this is me 2 cents about it.

Feel free to discuss this topic if you feel the need to! If you want to correct me here go ahead! Im allways up for learning new stuff!

Please no flaming here, I understand this has been discussed a 1000 times and I people feel offended im sorry!
    how about kil jaeden being final boss of burning legion expansion and sargeras in future titan focused expansion

I'm pretty sure that by now SO many people EXPECT the next expansion to be Burning Legion based that if it isn't the disappointment will be somewhat overwhelming at first

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear that Burning legion as how much i want it to be is not the next expansion.
    I think Azshara is next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?