Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kayle... support or ADC?

Hi there guys, My question is...., is Kayle pure support or can she be ADC?

My favorite character have always been Kayle, but i don't actually like to play her support, i play ADC, and i find that she's really good as ADC, is really easy to farm with her E (Righteous Fury)...

But what do you guys think? Am i playing Kayle wrong? or is that a viable way to use her?

UHHHHHH, I always play kayle top lane, and Ive seen her mid more than anything.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    UHHHHHH, I always play kayle top lane, and Ive seen her mid more than anything.
    Most of the time, i play Kayle top lane too... (but sometimes people insist of me going bot... so i just go bot... i won't argue with them :P )

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Most of the time, i play Kayle top lane too... (but sometimes people insist of me going bot... so i just go bot... i won't argue with them :P )
    then you adc with her right? she is kind of garbage support.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Hi there guys, My question is...., is Kayle pure support or can she be ADC?

My favorite character have always been Kayle, but i don't actually like to play her support, i play ADC, and i find that she's really good as ADC, is really easy to farm with her E (Righteous Fury)...

But what do you guys think? Am i playing Kayle wrong? or is that a viable way to use her?
    The funny thing about kayle is, she if one of very few champs who can fill all roles decently.

She can be an ap mid, a jungler, sort of ad carry, a top or a support. She's not a great support I'll admit, but she's far from the worst.

But I've seen her mid mostly. She's a great mid.

I think she's more useful top lane or mid than support or ADC, honestly, but she can really be played anywhere- I've seen a handful of people jungle her successfully.

I think she's far and away the best in top lane- good poke, very safe, great dive pressure, sustain.

If you have to play her bot lane, I'd say she's probably more useful as an ADC than a support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think she's more useful top lane or mid than support or ADC, honestly, but she can really be played anywhere- I've seen a handful of people jungle her successfully.

I think she's far and away the best in top lane- good poke, very safe, great dive pressure, sustain.

If you have to play her bot lane, I'd say she's probably more useful as an ADC than a support.
    Yeah, i find her quite useless as bot support, i normally end up pushing bot by myself :P

Deleted
    Actually a couple of weeks back, she was used quite a bit in Korea as Support. While her sustain isn't that great, she can dish out some serious damage with her E up and has a slow. And you profit from her ultimate, which can be gamechanging. So I would rather suspect a Kayle Supp than a Kayle ADC (dunno how an ADC Kayle works, didnt test it yet.)

Deleted
    Shushei (polish mid player, season 1 winner in Fnatic) plays kayle ap, pure ap. She is also very viable on top, both as as and ap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Actually a couple of weeks back, she was used quite a bit in Korea as Support. While her sustain isn't that great, she can dish out some serious damage with her E up and has a slow. And you profit from her ultimate, which can be gamechanging. So I would rather suspect a Kayle Supp than a Kayle ADC (dunno how an ADC Kayle works, didnt test it yet.)
    Kayle adc can be terror, but she needs items and cdr. It's just complete terror with a full item adc kayle who will chase you down, and you know you won't survive

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither support nor ADC, mid is totally great with her.

PS:
    Get ready to see her on the new patch on mid with wit's end/nashor will be the trend, anti AP carry with a truckload of dmg on-hit effect, 2 doran rings and you'll never get OOM

I strictly play her mid. I've tried top, but didn't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    I preffer her top but tried every role with her and she does themm all decendly.

Deleted
    I think I've seen her played in every single role in competitive play over the last year. I think there are better options for most positions, but if you enjoy her, play her where you want, your runes/masteries/build will differ, but I think she's one of the few adaptable champs that can do as she pleases. I see her mid/top most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im still traumatized from when rumble wrecked my shit as kayle up top. Unlike most people here I actually do best by far as ap/as bot

10+ Year Old Account
    Only role she really doesn't do well is AD carry. Support she can do okay, because her ult remains ridiculous whether or not she got fed and she does bring some additional utility.

Deleted
    At the beginning of the LCS she was played as jungler and mid, but slowly it transitioned into mid and support. She was quite popular as a support pick before the range of her ultimate got nerfed, and it is still possible to see her as a support pick now and then. When played as a mid it was always pure AP. I never saw her as a top laner or ADC in the LCS, but I may be mistaken.
    I remember both seeing Ocelote, Alex Ich, Sushei, Slaya and Scarra playing her as AP mid during the LCS.

She was so popular as a support that there was made a sort of 'card guide' for her by Spellsy (whoever that may be): http://imgur.com/a/SCZtM#KvXYSvO

Deleted
    Looool... The only really viable roles she have is Mid and Jungle... Yeah sure you can support with her, but there are better supports out there. I personally like her a lot as Jungle as her Q is a targeted really strong slow... And she can speed herself/other up to follow up on it... Her E lets her clear well, and it allows you to build Nashor's tooth without risking too much of it...

Not sure why people would pick her as an ADC.
    To me, an ADC must always have ranged auto atacks (active doesn't count imo, as it drains mana).
    Sure you can meelee lasthit but that puts you in position for the enemy to poke.

I prefer kayle in toplane myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Only role she really doesn't do well is AD carry. Support she can do okay, because her ult remains ridiculous whether or not she got fed and she does bring some additional utility.
    One big issue with going the ADC Kayle route is getting to 40% CDR, as it's very difficult to do so if you're building AD on her. This means that you'll either need to gimp AD itemization (the only notable AD items with CDR are Zephyr and Black Cleaver, in which Cleaver doesn't synergize with Kayle at all), or get every Blue buff whenever one is available.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-05-21 at 08:11 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II