Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you statement about what subs are right now is something other than opinion? Do tell the source of this non-opinion information you have.
    Did you not understand that "current information" means "most recent figures from Blizzard?" Or are you arguing just to argue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Did you not understand that "current information" means "most recent figures from Blizzard?" Or are you arguing just to argue?
    If he's referring to most recent figures then yes he's correct but I'd assume, like Osmeric, that subs are going down. I just hope Blizzard doesn't go the route they did with mid WOTLK-MoP with Titan.
    Hey everyone

Given the rate of change of subs recently, "current" most certainly does not mean "most recent from Blizzard".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Given the rate of change of subs recently, "current" most certainly does not mean "most recent from Blizzard".
    Well, you can speculate all you like about what sub numbers might be. One can also make an argument that 5.3 might get people to start playing again.

However, MoP has never had sub numbers lower than vanilla.

Which was my point.

Deleted
    Hopefully not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can speculate all you like about what sub numbers might be. One can also make an argument that 5.3 might get people to start playing again.

Which was my point.
    Osmeric, you can't deny that he is factually and evidently correct. Don't fight it... yet.
    Hey everyone

In 2013, if you're claiming almost 2 month old numbers are "current information" you need to get with the times.

Which was my point.
    You understand Vanilla started with 0 subs and got to 8 mil and MoP started with 10+ mil and is now at 8.3? You really think your point is a good one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I think that WoW will never be what it once was, thank God! The game itself is better than ever, there are tons more things to do, the ONLY downside is that the community that has become a bit less open and friendly than it used to be. But that's not the fault of the game itself.
    amen

the game got better, just the ppl got a lot more unfriendly then it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    In 2013, if you're claiming almost 2 month old numbers are "current information" you need to get with the times.
    Since the numbers we are talking about are the most recently released information, then yes, they are "current." When the Q2 figures come out, they will become "current." That's how data works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    You understand Vanilla started with 0 subs and got to 8 mil and MoP started with 10+ mil and is now at 8.3? You really think your point is a good one?
    Rate of change doesn't matter. MoP could have started with a trillion players, can ended Q1 with 8.5 million, and it would still not be less than vanilla. That was my point, that there are more players now than in vanilla, and that players who "quit" because vanilla was better are the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    amen

the game got better, just the ppl got a lot more unfriendly then it used to be
    Well it also feels insanely linear compared to what it used to be and that community and unfriendly part plays a huge role. I wonder why my mum and I don't even play the game... She even stated that the game has no bloody community and that was the only reason she played.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Osmeric, you can't deny that he is factually and evidently correct. Don't fight it... yet.
    I can deny that his statements reflect the facts as we know them. If he had said "as of the last time we have hard data, MoP had more subs than Vanilla", I would not have disagreed.

But that's not what he said.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    considering how wow has been improving over the years...god i hope not. That is like saying will my car ever have 5hp and require a crankshaft to start my engine....just no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    No, you can't roll back time. Like everything else, WoW has a life-cycle that it goes through.

And even if nostalgia makes you wish back the old days, the reality is that very few people would accept the realities of such an endeavor.

The closest thing you'll get to the old days of WoW in terms of community and world-building is probably Project Titan. And even that will probably only last for a few months/years.

I can deny that his statements reflect the facts as we know them. If he had said "as of the last time we have hard data, MoP had more subs than Vanilla", I would not have disagreed.

But that's not what he said.
    So, you're going to refute my statement which is backed up by official data with an opinion about what you think might be happening? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    When Blizzard decided to share the 10 and 25 man raid lockouts and make them the same difficulty, they pretty much killed all the family/casual raid guilds. People decided either not to raid at all or to go join a progression raid guild. I believe the result of that is that Blizzard gutted the very demographic in their game that actually played the game the way developers intended.

I have to imagine Blizzard's intent for raiding was originally to give something social and fun for guilds to do together. Now raiding is serious business where you don't bring your friends along, you bring people that can down the boss along. The only other option right now is LFR, which in my opinion, replaces heroic 5 mans a lot better than it replaces friendly/social raiding.
    so true. every word is true.

So, you're going to refute my statement which is backed up by official data with an opinion about what you think might be happening? lol.
    No, I'm going to point out that the official data does not actually say what you say it says.

You are basically saying we have to assume that subs are flat and unchanging after the last official data. That is asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    considering how wow has been improving over the years...god i hope not. That is like saying will my car ever have 5hp and require a crankshaft to start my engine....just no.
    No it's not, this is video games not cars.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 04:24 PM ----------

No, I'm going to point out that the official data does not actually say what you say it says.

You are basically saying we have to assume that subs are flat and unchanging after the last official data. That is asinine.
    You're being a bit too literal, he was just saying that the game was by official data has more subs than Vanilla. Yeah he didn't say that but it was implied, people forget to put every exact detail in to sentences all the time.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-05-21 at 08:24 PM.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    WoW is not the largest MMO anymore since this year ... Age of Wushu bumped it off the throne with player numbers that are competing with LoL for world's most played game.
    WOW has never been the largest MMO, the community likes to include Chinese players when waving the my game is better flag but are quick to ignore Chinese games that dwarf WOW global player numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
    Golden age right now, and imagine next expansion (if Its sargeras stuff)
    The only problem are toxic players and elitists

nothing more than that, I play wow since start but at this point wow is a much much better then 2005 when i was start playin...