Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Lol, you people have said that for awhile now. I kind of remember when Obama agreed with me on this issue as well. He believed that it was a complete violation of our civil liberties, yet this program has run for seven years. Do the math, that's more years on Obama than it is on Bush.
    You, like the majority of right wing pseudo-libertarians, seem to have trouble understanding what tyranny actually is.

The current state is nothing like a tyranny; and fun fact, Daelin, it's practically impossible for a tyranny to arise in the United States.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:07 PM ----------

Need a source comparing Bush to Obama, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you people have said that for awhile now. I kind of remember when Obama agreed with me on this issue as well. He believed that it was a complete violation of our civil liberties, yet this program has run for seven years. Do the math, that's more years on Obama than it is on Bush.
    You were being vague about Tyranny. Try mentioning the Patriot's Act next time(If that's what you were referring to). I don't agree with it either but what can a citizen do. Arguing with people who scream "TYRANNY!!!" isn't going to help either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Drones have not killed more civilians than the Iraq war.

I was with. You until you said Romney would be better. Romney would be just as bad. Obama is a monster.

Don't use the BS that we only had 2 choices. There were more than two choices an I voted for a third option.

OBAMA LIED. He will always lie. He's a scumbag like Dubya. Nothing more and nothing less.

Look at this POS. glad I didn't vote for him or Shitt Con-me. My hands are clean.

Oh, and op you're not a libertarian. Stop pretending

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Drones have not killed more civilians than the Iraq war.
    Not to mention Afghanistan? I mean really, it was a foolish thing to say on Therionns part.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hands are clean.

So....voting for him means people are dirty. It's not like those that voted for him personally killed people or anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You, like the majority of right wing pseudo-libertarians, seem to have trouble understanding what tyranny actually is.

The current state is nothing like a tyranny; and fun fact, Daelin, it's practically impossible for a tyranny to arise in the United States.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:07 PM ----------

Need a source comparing Bush to Obama, actually.
    Please read the Huffington Post article.

Once again, I'm not "right-wing". I've never voted for a Republican once. Infact, I voted for Obama the first time he ran, (my mistake). It does not matter what the current state is, the fact is is that it is rapidly moving towards tyranny. Our Federal Government (under Bush and Obama) has constantly violated our rights, has constantly spied on us, has constantly passed laws to further violate our rights, and this shows that there is much more going on behind our backs. Stop trying to ignore the facts, and accept them instead.

I'm not sure how that's a fact. If we stay on the continued path, in a couple generations, tyranny is a possibility. But we agree, the current state is not tyranny.

This is a Huffington Post article. Stop trying to attack me, and actually try to argue the point. You probably cannot, and if you cannot you have no reason of making any comment in this thread. Good-bye.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 06:58 PM ----------

The Huffington post is mostly Liberal.
    The Huffington post is a strictly political newszine, often only really publishing articles that are sure to rile people up on one end of the political spectrum or the other. ie- I wouldn't post a source I am using to "pick a fight" (which, let's be honest, it's what you're doing here, or you wouldn't defend yourself so hard) from say The Daily Show, and consider it supporting evidence for my thoughts just because I agree....

But congratulations, you've made it into political mediocrity, where your opinion probably has approximately as much value as your vote, which is to say: none, because we're all idiots and the electoral college will make our decisions for us. At least you've learned to appropriately express yourself, now if you could only learn to intake others' opinions a little less subjectively, and try to take a more intelligence-oriented, objective approach with how you respond to people instead of just deciding to dribble more shit out of your mouth into forums mostly centered around a gaming community.

Infracted: Please be civil.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-06-08 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    I was with. You until you said Romney would be better. Romney would be just as bad. Obama is a monster.

Don't use the BS that we only had 2 choices. There were more than two choices an I voted for a third option.

OBAMA LIED. He will always lie. He's a scumbag like Dubya. Nothing more and nothing less.

Look at this POS. glad I didn't vote for him or Shitt Con-me. My hands are clean.

Oh, and op you're not a libertarian. Stop pretending

When did I ever say Romney would be better? I do not believe Romney would be better. There were many more choices than Obama and Romney.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3399310.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...rail:Position1

http://news.yahoo.com/monumental-pho...214828693.html

The President is no different than Bush, if not worse. He tells us that in order to protect our liberty, he must take it away.. Violate it, destroy it, spit on it. How does taking our freedoms away, keep our freedoms safe? I suppose if you have none then you would have no freedoms to worry about.

I prefer liberty over safety. Kings would tell their people that they must not be free in order to be safe.
    f-ing LOL, glad to see what everyone I associate with politically was right. "In a couple years you'll all be saying Obama is the same as Bush". Bush wasn't great, but Obama is a nightmare.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Please read the Huffington Post article.

Once again, I'm not "right-wing". I've never voted for a Republican once. Infact, I voted for Obama the first time he ran, (my mistake). It does not matter what the current state is, the fact is is that it is rapidly moving towards tyranny. Our Federal Government (under Bush and Obama) has constantly violated our rights, has constantly spied on us, has constantly passed laws to further violate our rights, and this shows that there is much more going on behind our backs. Stop trying to ignore the facts, and accept them instead.
    Republican =/= right wing. Based on your posting track record, you're pretty damn right wing by my (i.e. European) standards.

Every government in the history of mankind has and will violate perceived rights to some extent. To call a government that does a tyranny is absolutely moronic, since tyranny has nothing to do with "violation of rights".

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I'm not sure how that's a fact. If we stay on the continued path, in a couple generations, tyranny is a possibility. But we agree, the current state is not tyranny.
    No, it's not. The US has systemic preclusions against tyranny.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    The Huffington post is a strictly political newszine, often only really publishing articles that are sure to rile people up on one end of the political spectrum or the other. ie- I wouldn't post a source I am using to "pick a fight" (which, let's be honest, it's what you're doing here, or you wouldn't defend yourself so hard) from say The Daily Show, and consider it supporting evidence for my thoughts just because I agree....

But congratulations, you've made it into political mediocrity, where your opinion probably has approximately as much value as your vote, which is to say: none, because we're all idiots and the electoral college will make our decisions for us. At least you've learned to appropriately express yourself, now if you could only learn to intake others' opinions a little less subjectively, and try to take a more intelligence-oriented, objective approach with how you respond to people instead of just deciding to dribble more shit out of your mouth into forums mostly centered around a gaming community.
    The Huffington Post is a mostly liberal website, not conservative. The Daily Show usually reports on things late, and I can tell you that at least Stephen Colbert has reported (satire) on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah..I just don't care anymore. How can I, when people just shrug their shoulders and point at Bush and say he did it first? I just love the people who try to espouse this sense of being independent. Some people are so horrified at the thought of criticizing Obama. What if people think I'm racist?

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 07:05 PM ----------

http://www.policymic.com/articles/20...led-by-a-drone
    for Obama to have "killed more then bush" do the math 50,000/36 would mean 1388.8 repeating drone strikes, which there have not been, more like 300, like the article says, so 50000+ > 10800 (also the article says 2500 deaths which would make it 8.3 repeating deaths per strike) you just proved your self wrong with that link

It does not matter what the current state is, the fact is is that it is rapidly moving towards tyranny
    People like you say this shit as if it actually means anything. What tyranny?

Go on, give me that Benjamin Franklin quote about safety and liberty. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So....voting for him means people are dirty. It's not like those that voted for him personally killed people or anything.
    Voting for him the first time was ok. If you voted for him the second time knowing about this crap while being against it then yeah, you're partially to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Huffington Post is a mostly liberal website, not conservative. The Daily Show usually reports on things late, and I can tell you that at least Stephen Colbert has reported (satire) on it.
    The US has very little in the way of "liberal" media by even American standards, barring places like the Daily Kos.

Republican =/= right wing. Based on your posting track record, you're pretty damn right wing by my (i.e. European) standards.

Every government in the history of mankind has and will violate perceived rights to some extent. To call a government that does a tyranny is absolutely moronic, since tyranny has nothing to do with "violation of rights".[COLOR="red"].
    I'd consider having the IRS target your political enemies and having a secret court order to tap all the phone calls of Verizon to be more than just a little violation. Bengazi et al was more incompetence and political calculation IMO.

Still - the latest scandal is pretty bad, even by European standards.

Deleted

Every government in the history of mankind has and will violate perceived rights to some extent. To call a government that does a tyranny is absolutely moronic, since tyranny has nothing to do with "violation of rights".

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:13 PM ----------

No, it's not. The US has systemic preclusions against tyranny.
    Lol, no. You don't get to just make definition up. This Government is indeed starting to turn into a Tyranny, as it continues to advance on our liberties. First it was the Patriot Act, then we had the NDAA, then we had SOPA and CISPA (luckily somebody fought back), then we had gun control, (People fought back again luckily), and now we have this. Hell, if SOPA and CISPA had been passed the Government would have the right to shut down websites such as the Huffington Post for making articles like this. Stop ignoring the truth and face it.