Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Well, the fact that he put out lots of chapters hasn't really got anything to do with this (not that I'm ungrateful. It's really awesome, how fast he works). It's just that this arc is setting things up that I usually dislike. That's just my personal taste ofc. I'm just going to consider this arc as a minor one, setting up a big one.

I'm wondering what kind of guild Flare joined, though. Official, dark or something like Crime Sorciere?
    I can't help but feel that a lot of shonen manga start out arcs tepid and boring. It takes a while to build up, but it's usually worth it.

I'm thinking Flare joined an official guild since she seemed sincere in her apologies to Lucy. Though Cobra needs to join Crime Sorciere.

<--- Dreaming
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    I can't help but feel that a lot of shonen manga start out arcs tepid and boring. It takes a while to build up, but it's usually worth it.

I'm thinking Flare joined an official guild since she seemed sincere in her apologies to Lucy. Though Cobra needs to join Crime Sorciere.

<--- Dreaming
    I think I'm explaining myself really badly
    It's not necessarily boring, it's just that, so far, the arc is setting things up that I dislike. Powered down main characters, an enemy I dislike a lot, non-mage enemies, Flare... Regardless of all that though, I'm sure I'll enjoy the arc to some extent, just less than some others.

As for Cobra, I'm sure he and his jailbreak buddies are going to do something on their own. I'm guessing something like Crime Sorciere but not CS itself.
    Have they actually broken out already, or is that something that still has to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Cobra, I'm sure he and his jailbreak buddies are going to do something on their own. I'm guessing something like Crime Sorciere but not CS itself.
    Have they actually broken out already, or is that something that still has to happen?
    He surrendered to Doranbolt/Lahar for the sake of breaking them out eventually. Probably when they smack Tartaros.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    New chapter has finally been released.

Nothing really interesting happened other than Flare being from the village.
    I'm also really glad that that trio won. I would've hated it if some of the more powerful mages actually lost to treasure hunters.

I actually thought they were gonna need help from someone else lol, but those Treasure Hunters were no joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still kind of confused as to why the treasure hunters are even involved in the story. At the beginning of the arc, I figured that their role was just to supply the Moon Drip, and maybe just be a neutral party that eventually joins either the good side (help Fairy Tail beat Succubus Eye) or the bad side (join Succubus Eye in fighting Fairy Tail). But, considering they just got their butts kicked and then got sent flying Team Rocket style, it seems like their part in the ark is over, and they didn't really add anything to the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I still kind of confused as to why the treasure hunters are even involved in the story. At the beginning of the arc, I figured that their role was just to supply the Moon Drip, and maybe just be a neutral party that eventually joins either the good side (help Fairy Tail beat Succubus Eye) or the bad side (join Succubus Eye in fighting Fairy Tail). But, considering they just got their butts kicked and then got sent flying Team Rocket style, it seems like their part in the ark is over, and they didn't really add anything to the story.
    Tbh, I don't think their role is over yet. It's like you said, so far they've been unnecessary. Though it might just be that they're going to be dicks after the arc, like: oh you're all tired? We'll take all that treasure now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a bit of a slow chapter. Only interesting thing was Gray joining the kid squad.

Just a theory, but I get the feeling Flare is lying about being from the village, or setting a trap or something. Something seems off to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really isn't my favourite arc. Gray got kinda overdramatic here. Sure, he has a huge trauma about it, but it felt so unnecessary. Now that that he's ready though, it appears that dude will be beaten by a kid. If that happens, he's weaker than I thought. That is plausible though. I can totally imagine such a guy completely relying on his magic and thus not train too much to get stronger.

I was a bit surprised about the gates of Hades though. I didn't really think we'd hear about it this soon already. Possible return of Oracion Seis in this arc?

And lastly, I feel like an idiot for not realising the eternal flame might melt the ice. HOW did I not see that coming....

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want some real antagonists to show up. Not treasure derps, Minerva with an attitude and the wolfman.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    And lastly, I feel like an idiot for not realising the eternal flame might melt the ice. HOW did I not see that coming....
    Wasn't the eternal flame frozen as well or something?

Just went back to Chapter 342, the Ishgal guy says the flame is frozen. How exactly can a flame melt ice that was strong enough to freeze even it?

Because Natsu didn't eat it yet and use dragonslaying magic to melt everything in sight. How else did you expect it to work lols?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah forgot to say that this chapter is stupid and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the eternal flame frozen as well or something?

Just went back to Chapter 342, the Ishgal guy says the flame is frozen. How exactly can a flame melt ice that was strong enough to freeze even it?
    Right, I'll call myself an idiot for the second time though what Blue said is probably right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree, not very interested in this chapter. Feels more like a filler to give everyone a power up.

Annyone else also think Yukino's lost sister is gonna be Angel from Oracion seis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Agree, not very interested in this chapter. Feels more like a filler to give everyone a power up.

Annyone else also think Yukino's lost sister is gonna be Angel from Oracion seis?
    Whatever it takes to get Cobra and friends back.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the recent fairy tail x rave master ova, I've actually been interested in reading rave master (Mashima's previous manga)
    Did anyone read that before and is it worth checking out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the recent fairy tail x rave master ova, I've actually been interested in reading rave master (Mashima's previous manga)
    I read it once about a year or so ago. I thought it was pretty good. You'll notice some of the characters look awfully familiar. My only complaint is that some of the fights seem kind of short. It kind of reminded me of some of the Festival matches during Fairy Tail, were it's short in the manga, but good for a full length episode in the anime, although I think the Rave Master anime was cancelled early or something like that. Was kind of disappointed in the ending, but that's my feeling towards most anime/manga endings.

Erza Nightwalker from the Edolas arc uses the same weapon as the protagonist from Rave Master

10+ Year Old Account
    I read it once about a year or so ago. I thought it was pretty good. You'll notice some of the characters look awfully familiar. My only complaint is that some of the fights seem kind of short. It kind of reminded me of some of the Festival matches during Fairy Tail, were it's short in the manga, but good for a full length episode in the anime, although I think the Rave Master anime was cancelled early or something like that. Was kind of disappointed in the ending, but that's my feeling towards most anime/manga endings.

Erza Nightwalker from the Edolas arc uses the same weapon as the protagonist from Rave Master
    Ah thx. And yeah, I kinda noticed some similar looking characters in the ova
    Guess I'll give it a go. I wish the anime finished the story though. Much prefer anime over manga.

10+ Year Old Account

Only sword instead of spear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quit reading Fairy Tail a while back due since I honestly felt that Mashima was just a bad writer and nothing good was going for his story. I read Rave Master and found it to be tons better. In terms of character development and story, much much better than Fairy Tail. I highly recommend reading RM.