Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eximess View Post
    The reason for the water "puzzle" stuff is to help give time for the next part to load, which is worth it imo, not a single loading screen except at the start.

Best game I've ever played. The ending was perfect.
    Are you serious?

I found the ending to be hilariously bad.

AI was pants on head retarded, the game couldnt decide if it wanted to be Metal Gear Solid or Uncharted.
    Very little variations on the infected (Hell, very few segments with infected in the first place...)

The game was decent, maybe a 8/10. No way in hell was it a 10/10

Fuck humanity, i have daughter issues

The game for me was a 9/10

Story was amazing. Characters were well developed and the ending wasn't the usual cliche.

I played the game on hard and found the human NPCs to be easy but fun. They were easy because the AI was pretty bad. The zombie NPCs were hard though. You had to be extremely patience and walk slowly in order to get the back stab in a safe place. If you aggroed one zombie, you had 6 chasing after you. You could just shoot all of them, but on the hard difficulty ammo was hard to come by so it took a few attempts to clear a room so you didn't waste a lot of bullets. Half way through the game, I was starved on ammo and it made the game that much better because it felt real.

The whole get Ellie a pallet or boost someone up to a wall was pretty cool and I didn't mind doing it so often, because I felt like that is what you would have to do in a zombie apocalypse. Except for one time it was completely stupid. At the end of the game when Joel and Ellie are traveling under the freeway pass. You had to get this ladder moved around because it broke. When I looked across the waterway where you boosted Ellie up is a chain linked fence that you could easily climb up on, but the game won't let you.

Multilayer is fun, but there needs to be more game modes.

I can't wait for the DLCs for this game and I almost never look forward or buy DLCs for a game.

After playing this game they need to take this style of game play and make it into a DayZ like mmorpg. I have played DayZ for over a year and love it but I hate the clunky controls and its style of guns.
    Naughty dog needs to take The Last of Us multilayer and just make a sandbox level and rework the AI a bit and it would be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Just began my new game plus run through, Much easier with powered up skills and weapons lol. Not that the game was incredibly hard on normal to begin with. But having fully modded 9mm and Revolver right from the start is quite nice. Now I can sit back and collect parts for the shot gun a bow. Silent killer, till you are up close, then VERY LOUD KILLER!
    Is it random when your arrow breaks, I wonder? Bow is my favorite weapon but I can only think of 3 or 4 times in the whole game where you actually get arrows for it. Shit I wish you could craft arrows.

On my Survivor NG+ I'm focusing on El Diablo and bombs. 'Cause boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm struggling to get through this game. I really love it and the characters, it is also fun to play. The problem is that Zombies are one of my irrational fears. The infected sections just creep me the hell out and it's really hard to push on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I'm struggling to get through this game. I really love it and the characters, it is also fun to play. The problem is that Zombies are one of my irrational fears. The infected sections just creep me the hell out and it's really hard to push on.
    Dang, this is what I was afraid of. I'm very easily scared. :/ Is there a casual/easy mode or something? Things always get less scary if it's easy. I just wanna play it for the story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Dang, this is what I was afraid of. I'm very easily scared. :/ Is there a casual/easy mode or something? Things always get less scary if it's easy. I just wanna play it for the story anyway.
    You got the easy mode. And even on Normal it's just possible to shoot your way through most things. It has some creepy points, but not too many. Like I said earlier.. You could compare the game better to Alan Wake. ;p Got a few scary points in the game, but overall.. It's doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, this is what I was afraid of. I'm very easily scared.
    It's not necessarily scary, but more panicky. This game doesn't use jump scares or anything games like Dead Space or Amnesia use. It's pure survival. So most of the game you're just thinking "oh God what do I do, what do I do" while avoiding Infected or human enemies. The sense of fright you get in The Last of Us is more in not getting caught, rather than being frightened at what is ahead. If that makes any sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Rather short game, as most are. This is why I always go back to WoW :\
    True. I got around 17 hours of game time, excluding deaths, so at least it's longer than most single player games nowadays. I don't think we'll ever return to the days of 100+ hr game saves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather short game, as most are. This is why I always go back to WoW :\
    Not to knock it, but um...How much story is there left in WoW?

Just to add clarity to the above statement. Once you do all the quests in the xpack or patch, there isn't much of the story left. There is the raiding and dungeon running, but that is just a loot grind. No real story after the first run through.

So it depends on how you like to spend your time.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2013-06-19 at 06:47 PM.

Fallout 3/NW had me going for a while tho :>
    Fallout games are so good, I want a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3/NW had me going for a while tho :>
    Open-world games are great time sinkers, but usually lack like...direction in the main story. Kind of a trade-off. Skyrim, for example, has had people going for 100 hours and more but it's more like a playground than an actual game following a main story. If you followed the main plot of Skyrim you wouldn't get much out of it. It has hundreds of distractions that wouldn't have worked in a game like The Last of Us.

I wonder if The Witcher 3 will try to break this mold by offering the best of both worlds. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games were never really praised for their stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Open-world games are great time sinkers, but usually lack like...direction in the main story. Kind of a trade-off. Skyrim, for example, has had people going for 100 hours and more but it's more like a playground than an actual game following a main story. If you followed the main plot of Skyrim you wouldn't get much out of it. It has hundreds of distractions that wouldn't have worked in a game like The Last of Us.

I wonder if The Witcher 3 will try to break this mold by offering the best of both worlds. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games were never really praised for their stories.
    I beat the main story of Skyrim in 8 hours. Once you utilize fast travel and carriages, the game is super fast. But if you decide to walk everywhere and complete every side quest and faction quest and loot all the secret items, yeah the game will take much much longer.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 07:24 PM ----------

The Last of Us took me the same, 17 hours. My second play through should be even shorter as new game plus carries over your skills and weapon upgrades. And the fact that I know exactly what to expect.

Though short, it still has replay value for me.

I kinda wonder why other similiar games like Alan Wake didn't get hyped that bad. Its pretty sad that that game is underrated

Both games are masterpieces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I kinda wonder why other similiar games like Alan Wake didn't get hyped that bad. Its pretty sad that that game is underrated

Both games are masterpieces
    Actually, The Last of Us made me want to pick up a copy of Alan Wake. I never got around to picking it up, but since I enjoyed this game so much, I feel I owe it to myself to give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may have an easier time than me. Like I said, zombies are one of my irrational fears. Something about them creeps me out more than it should. I couldn't even sit through all of 28 days later in the theater, I had to leave because it freaked me out so badly.

Honestly, it probably isn't that bad if I'm able to get this far through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played Alan Wake. There is a PC version now no?

I've never played Alan Wake. There is a PC version now no?
    Yes there is, and right now theres a gog sale at 5 euros with all the dlc and the mini-sequel (Alan Wake's American Nightmare). Good deal,and I enjoyed them (well the mini-sequel not so much but oh well)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Yes there is, and right now theres a gog sale at 5 euros with all the dlc and the mini-sequel (Alan Wake's American Nightmare). Good deal,and I enjoyed them (well the mini-sequel not so much but oh well)
    Awesome I just picked up the bundle. Thanks!

Well, The Last of Us has been picking up speed on Metacritic user scores (not critic). It started around an 8.5 on release and has raised to a 9.1. This makes it currently the highest user-rated PS3 game on Metacritic, the highest user-rated video game across all consoles this year, and in the top 10 all-time video games for any console. Naughty Dog must be proud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome I just picked up the bundle. Thanks!

Well, The Last of Us has been picking up speed on Metacritic user scores (not critic). It started around an 8.5 on release and has raised to a 9.1. This makes it currently the highest user-rated PS3 game on Metacritic, the highest user-rated video game across all consoles this year, and in the top 10 all-time video games for any console. Naughty Dog must be proud.
    Looks like I need to put on my big boy pants and muscle through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Looks like I need to put on my big boy pants and muscle through it.
    You won't regret it! Probably. There is no such thing as a game that everyone will enjoy.

So I started playing some multiplayer, I'm currently on week 4. It's pretty fun! The game types are pretty much just deathmatches but the context and 'story' behind it makes it a little more engaging.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:33 PM ----------

I came across a very interesting and somewhat powerful article regarding the prologue and ending (BIG SPOILERS OF COURSE):
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/18/major-spoilers-naughty-dog-talks-the-last-of-us-beginning-ending-and-slightly-alternate-ending/
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-06-20 at 07:46 PM.