Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    that is a BS rumor

but Chelsea did put in a bid in for Rooney but it was just cash, no player exchange was offered.

- - - Updated - - -

Hulk to AS Monaco for 60million euros

Monaco and PSG having a battle of how much they can pay for mediocre players

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I guess you havn't actually seen Cavani much if you call him mediocre.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I guess you havn't actually seen Cavani much if you call him mediocre.
    well yeah, every time I've watched him play he has pretty much sucked. So mediocre is a good description of him.

I've only seen about 15 of his games so that maybe not a good sample size.

At any rate, he is not worth even half of the 65 million or so that PSG paid for him.

well yeah, every time I've watched him play he has pretty much sucked. So mediocre is a good description of him.

I've only seen about 15 of his games so that maybe not a good sample size.

At any rate, he is not worth even half of the 65 million or so that PSG paid for him.
    The price is outrageous, but thats football nowdays, it's retarded... but the player is great. One of the best strikers in Europe.
    PSG had to buy him out of the contract since Napoli wouldn't sell, which is totally understandable considering how valueable he has been for them the last 3 seasons, scoring 33, 33 and 38 goals(including 7 in champions league), not to mention the character and moral he shows in games and for his team... the price is what was stated in the buy out clause.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-17 at 08:03 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that these teams keep paying whatever Napoli or Zenit ask. Take Bale for example. Levy wants £100 million. If it weren't for Carletto and Zidane, Perez would most likey have paid that to get Bale to RM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    The problem is that these teams keep paying whatever Napoli or Zenit ask. Take Bale for example. Levy wants £100 million. If it weren't for Carletto and Zidane, Perez would most likey have paid that to get Bale to RM.
    Yes it is redicules. I havn't read up on the future changes to how clubs will balance the finances but maybe that will help bring a bit more normality to this circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Rumours firing up that Ancelotti has asked Perez to sign Zlatan. If this happens, Barca are done for. The mighty Zlatan, Ronaldo, Ozil, Isco, Di Maria...
    jhw0eihwjewpe, Sorry. Was cleaning up some white liquid.

Oh god, that sounds amazing.

Benzema and Ibra up front
    Di maria and ronaldo and isco in midfield

10+ Year Old Account
    So United's managing director came home last night early from the Australia tour to conduct urgent transfer business, regarding a marquee signing coming in to Old Trafford.

The papers are saying it's a £60 million for Bale, others saying £65 million for Ronaldo.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Man I laughed out loud reading about this twitter image from a norwegian girl(in their women's euro team), she got a stomach injury.

The comment that really got me was this

– Det är alltså en skada som uppkommit genom rörelser på fotbollsplanen och inte bredvid den.
    Which sort translates to, "it is a injury that has come from movements on the pitch, not outside of it". Thats a bag of ice btw.

Sorry should be in the football thread!
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-18 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a groin injury, not stomach?
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So United's managing director came home last night early from the Australia tour to conduct urgent transfer business, regarding a marquee signing coming in to Old Trafford.

The papers are saying it's a £60 million for Bale, others saying £65 million for Ronaldo.
    I don't believe for one second Ronaldo is going to leave Real Madrid, how many times has it been said by blogs and papers etc? And every time I just read the reaction that Ronaldo wants to stay at Real Madrid and even retire there.

As for Bale coming to United, that would make me very, very happy We need something in midfield badly, Bale would be bloody perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think it's time to get some creativity in that midfield instead of a winger?
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo is as creative as they come.

As it stands though United do have Carrick, Kagawa and to a lesser extent Cleverley to bring chances. What United actually need is a winger who is consistent. Nani/Anderson and Valencia are all great on their day.

On their day being the key words.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23369164

Jovetic completing a £22mil transfer to Man C it seems, Alvaro Negrado is also finalising a transfer to City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Alvaro Negrado
    There's a Suarez joke in here somewhere....

that is a BS rumor

but Chelsea did put in a bid in for Rooney but it was just cash, no player exchange was offered.

- - - Updated - - -

Hulk to AS Monaco for 60million euros

mediocre players? hulk is world class. so is falcao, cavani..

seems like tito vilanova left barca because of the cancer..

I'm a city fan but city buys mediocre players seriously..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

The only world class player among those three is Falcao

yeah, I exaggerated by saying the other two are mediocre, they are good players but I just cringe at the prices the teams paid for them. This sets a price point for other players and teams that no one, other the sugar daddy teams, will be able to match

wasn't this supposed to be what the financial fair play rule was supposed to rectify? If anything, it has gotten worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hulk is world class when he can be arsed.

He's just your typical mercenary though, if he's getting a paycheck he doesn't give a shit and excluding the odd moment of brilliance, plays substandard football for his potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23404946 looks like they really want cesc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get this Fabregas chase, there's better options out there and United have a far bigger warchest than what they're offering. Feels more like a smoke and mirrors to make a lot of noise while other business is conducted quietly.