Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When Square Enix becomes a Pro-Consumer company like CD projekt red then you mite have a point. Also No the DLC for DS2 was not talked about before DS2 came out, Hell the Season pass didn't come out until well after its release.

Keep showing you don't know what your talking about Tech. Would u like me to compare it to some AAA games that wasn't in development hell, I got a really long list.

Also No final fantasy XV hasn't been in development for 5 years. Its been in development for 10 years. Any game that is being worked on for 10 fucken years starts talking about DLC then its clear cut content.

10 fucken years and they are already talking about DLC. I shouldn't be surprised since its Square Enix who though Hitman and FF7 being episodic was a good idea. Along with selling TR rights to MS for a year (and it sold like shit).
    FF7 being episodic is fine if the final price of all the episodes combined is equal to one game or just very slightly more.

Also No final fantasy XV hasn't been in development for 5 years. Its been in development for 10 years. Any game that is being worked on for 10 fucken years starts talking about DLC then its clear cut content.
    That's objectively false. You have no way of knowing what was initially planned content for launch and what content was planned for post-launch release later in the development cycle. You're basing things off of what you think is/should be the case rather than knowing what the reality is.

10 fucken years and they are already talking about DLC. I shouldn't be surprised since its Square Enix who though Hitman and FF7 being episodic was a good idea. Along with selling TR rights to MS for a year (and it sold like shit).
    And? I see no issue with a game talking about DLC before it's launched. It's not as if DLC isn't planned out ahead of launch or something, waiting until the game launches to even start thinking about it on the development end isn't a prudent course of action.

I see no issue with what Hitman is doing, though. You can purchase the whole thing for $60 at once, purchase the first episode for $15 if you're hesitant and then upgrade to the rest of it if you like it for $50 more (so $65 total), or purchase each episode alone for $75 total (not sure why you would do that).

If anything, it's a benefit for consumers who want to have a lower price point to decide if they want to spend on the rest of the game or not.

And we currently have no info on what content will be presented on FFVII per episode nor how they will be priced, IIRC.

Can't wait to see the DLC they announce for KH3 and FF7 and you defend it.
    Why would DLC for either game be inherently bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    FF7 being episodic is fine if the final price of all the episodes combined is equal to one game or just very slightly more.
    Agreed but after this...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6438387/
    Square Enix has clarified the episodic structure of its Final Fantasy 7 Remake, stating it will be comprised of multiple, full-sized games instead of a series of smaller episodes.
    That scream's $60 per game. But like I said Square Enix has been open about wanting to make there games episodic and having DLC. If they pull this off with FF7 it will happen to all there games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why would DLC for either game be inherently bad?
    If I got to explain why DLC (Even more so Day 1 DLC) is bad for FF7/KH3 then I really just don't know what to say to you.

I guess Hitman being episodic and TR being timed exclusive for a fucken year was also good idea's.

I see no issue with what Hitman is doing, though. You can purchase the whole thing for $60 at once, purchase the first episode for $15 if you're hesitant and then upgrade to the rest of it if you like it for $50 more (so $65 total), or purchase each episode alone for $75 total (not sure why you would do that).
    Know what would be better for customers??? Releasing a fucken demo so people can judge off that without having to spend $$$. Remember the days where games had demo's I do.

Know what is better then that, buying used at a cheap price and telling Square Enix to fuck off.

Edit: I also guess the Pre-order DLC shit they pulled with deus ex mankind divided was a good idea as well right?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-15 at 07:52 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

As of 5 years ago Nomura is quoted as saying they had nothing playable.

But yes the game was in development for 10 years because they showed some cgi trailers

Until the game was renamed FFXV- it never entered full production. Let me guess you're going to claim KH3 has been in development since BBS ended as that was when planning for it started?

The engine FFXV runs on wasn't even a thing 10 years ago LMAO.

If I got to explain why DLC (Even more so Day 1 DLC) is bad for FF7/KH3 then I really just don't know what to say to you.
    ...explain why it's bad? I would think that would be what you would say. DLC isn't inherently bad, even if it gets abused by developers/publishers. The core concept behind it is solid and we've got plenty of examples of games releasing fantastic, reasonably priced DLC.

I guess Hitman being episodic and TR being timed exclusive for a fucken year was also good idea's.
    I see no inherently issue with Hitman being episodic in nature, so I'd be curious as to why you think it's a bad thing.

As for TR, I agree, it's kinda shitty that it was a timed Xbox exclusive on consoles. But thankfully PS players will be getting it soon, which is better than what can be said about Xbox players who want to play Street Fighter V : /

Know what would be better for customers??? Releasing a fucken demo so people can judge off that without having to spend $$$. Remember the days where games had demo's I do.
    Companies are not concerned about what is best for customers, they are primarily concerned about what is best for their bottom line, as that's what determines their success and ability to grow. Demo's are not always a perfect solution, either. Sometimes you end up with terrible demo's for great games that kill sales, other times you end up with people pissed that they purchased a game based off of a fantastic demo and the rest of the game ended up being shit.

In this instance, a low entry price point for a hefty chunk of the game (far more than what would be included in a demo) seems like a reasonable solution for folks hesitant about taking the full priced plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As of 5 years ago Nomura is quoted as saying they had nothing playable.

But yes the game was in development for 10 years because they showed some cgi trailers

Until the game was renamed FFXV- it never entered full production. Let me guess you're going to claim KH3 has been in development since BBS ended as that was when planning for it started?

The engine FFXV runs on wasn't even a thing 10 years ago LMAO.
    Almost was but yeah. Crystal tools wasn't until 2007. FF13's very very early screenshots show it running on I think the FF12 engine but it uses Yuna and Rikku as placeholder characters. Off topic a bit but if I'm not mistaken Crystal Tools was also used for that early FF7 tech demo.

Know what is better then that, buying used at a cheap price and telling Square Enix to fuck off.
    That doesn't really work.

It's unlikely that anybody is going to rally enough people to their side where a meaningful boycott is concerned...and even if they do it'll just push the company to bump up the price to cover any potential losses...or just resort to different business practices. Ultimately businesses exist to make money and if somebody wants to 'fight the system' then they're really only shooting themselves in the foot because the grim reality is that such things are normal in today's entertainment industry. It's not likely to change either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Almost was but yeah. Crystal tools wasn't until 2007. FF13's very very early screenshots show it running on I think the FF12 engine but it uses Yuna and Rikku as placeholder characters. Off topic a bit but if I'm not mistaken Crystal Tools was also used for that early FF7 tech demo.
    FFXV doesn't use Crystal Tools it uses luminous studio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_Studio

Full development on FFXV began in 2012. Everything before that was mere vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    FFXV doesn't use Crystal Tools it uses luminous studio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_Studio

Full development on FFXV began in 2012. Everything before that was mere vaporware.
    Oh my bad then I thought it used that engine. I just remember that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As for TR, I agree, it's kinda shitty that it was a timed Xbox exclusive on consoles. But thankfully PS players will be getting it soon, which is better than what can be said about Xbox players who want to play Street Fighter V : /
    The difference between TR and SFV is SFV would not have happen if Sony didn't fund it. Capcom outright admitted as much at a gamescon before its release.

Game is a POS anyway IMO. I couldn't careless what companies are concerned about. Many company's can earn the costumers trust without doing stupid and shady shit.

Once again look at CD Projkect Red. With everything Square Enix has done in the past few years I don't put it past them to sell cut DLC. I don't trust them to walk my dog or to sell me a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 76 View Post
    That doesn't really work.

It's unlikely that anybody is going to rally enough people to their side where a meaningful boycott is concerned...and even if they do it'll just push the company to bump up the price to cover any potential losses...or just resort to different business practices. Ultimately businesses exist to make money and if somebody wants to 'fight the system' then they're really only shooting themselves in the foot because the grim reality is that such things are normal in today's entertainment industry. It's not likely to change either.
    And that's really shitty too.

I got a ps4 if I want to play FFXV before its full release (You know with all content) ill buy it used on ps4. If I couldn't buy it used I would ether A) wait for a massive sell on steam or B) just not buy it.

Because I am such a big fan of both FF7 and KH3 sadly ill be buying whatever bullshit they pull with ether. Anything else they make IMO will wait for a used or huge discounted price.

Edit: To be 100% clear I am not telling anyone not to buy it. Want to buy the game go for it. Ill wait for a cheap used copy or a complete version.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-15 at 08:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I'm not sure why FFVII keeps getting mentioned in this thread.

I mean, really all FFXV has to do is be a middle of the road FF game to be better then that. In fact I would be shocked if the remake didn't end up being a million times better then the original as it was one of the poorer written FFs. Retcon anything you need to to make it viable.

Here's the first hour of the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda ok with the delay. Makes game juggling in September/October more manageable. Was gonna have a hard time playing anything serious in Legion, playing Rise of Iron in Destiny , playing Deus Ex AND having FF15 launch all in the span of 30 days.

Here is some good news (Not)......

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ason-Pass.html

We already know that Final Fantasy XV is going to get a season pass that'll give you access to six bits of DLC, but in an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, game director Hajime Tabata has revealed that may not be the extent of the DLC plans.

Famitsu asked Tabata if, since the announcement of the delay, work on the DLC has been halted. According to Siliconera, Tabata replied:

“Yes, that’s right. And of course, we’ve already planned out the DLCs. We’re currently rearranging the schedule for everything to go along with the delay of the main game, so I can’t say much more in detail for now."

Famitsu then queried if the six announced DLCs will be as much support as the game gets. Tabata's reply:

That won’t be all. The ones that we’ve announced are the ones were decided that we’ll certainly do [...] Should we decide on DLC that isn’t included in the Season Pass that is currently selling, then [it will be seperate from the season pass]. Although there are still many parts that are uncertain."

Tabata went on to explain we could be getting more costumes and food dishes as additional DLC, but that the priority right now is on finishing up the main game.

"Once we get some wiggle room, then I believe we’ll get to seriously work on development for DLC and VR content. And by the way, the Season Pass, and the episodic DLC that were announced along with, are different from the VR content."

Final Fantasy XV launches on its new date of November 29th, 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One.
    Lets milk this for all its worth

After hearing that the first 15 hours of the game is being previewed well and that trailer. Oh boy am I more excited for this than ever!

That trailer's pretty sweet! I'm so glad there's only a month to go until it launches.

Keep in mind that that "trailer" is not actually a trailer but a CG short movie inspired by FFXV. Looked awesome though and so did Kingsglaive imo.

“Omen,” a short CG movie by Digic Pictures, inspired by FINAL FANTASY XV.

A rapidly shifting world, enemies that appear endlessly, gradual loss of abilities…
    And a madness that brings harm to the beloved fiancée.
    This short movie, which can only be described as a nightmare for the struggling Noctis, is a collaboration between FINAL FANTASY XV and Digic Pictures, the world renown 3D animation studio that also took part in the creation of KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV.

This beautiful yet violent motion picture inspired by the world and story of FINAL FANTASY depicts an “omen” for Noctis’ father, King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided.

Deleted
    shirtless noctis though ͡( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    shirtless noctis though ͡( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    still hoping 1 of the 4 is gay or something, it was talked about way back when it was still in the 13 series but then they re did everything..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.