Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You probably won't out level the final 2 chapters unless you put in an insane amount of time grinding, like a ridiculous amount. I feel like those are the only level tuned chapters. People who only focused on the story struggle a bit there.

On another note, I just googled secret weapons and bosses, way more than I thought there were.
    Meh, you can do it by 40 or so, which is what I was at when I got to the end and did maybe a handful of optional quests.

Lirik beat the game in 15 hours, and probably did 0 extra things, knowing his play style.

I just wish they would release the 60fps patch soon. I don't expect flawless 60fps, just want to see how well they get it.

I assume it will be released alongside this update that's coming out, since its said the patch will hit this month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Meh, you can do it by 40 or so, which is what I was at when I got to the end and did maybe a handful of optional quests.

Lirik beat the game in 15 hours, and probably did 0 extra things, knowing his play style.
    Did you fight all the trash before Behemoth King?

It was doable but not without wasting a bunch of my sweet sweet elixirs. I just ran past everything after dying to the 2 super Nagas.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly chapter 13 isn't too bad it just goes on way too long.
    Exactly there is nothing hard about it, so I don't see how making it any easier will change anything. Chapter 13 is a drag because they take away all the tools you have been playing the game with and give you a few I Win buttons. How do you make an I Win button any easier lmfao? The chapter is bad because it's dull, boring and is the longest chapter in the game.

If you do side content in any FF game you will be horribly overleveled for the main story. Main story is always balanced around the player only doing the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    If you do side content in any FF game you will be horribly overleveled for the main story. Main story is always balanced around the player only doing the main story.
    Absolutely false. If you go and level up to kill super bosses this might be true, but no one is talking about that. No one is killing the super bosses and then complaining they're over leveled, it's just people doing the content provided for their level range with no grinding at all.

My final thoughts on FFXV as I'm nearing the platinum:

It's a flawed but special game. I would lie if I said the post credits scene didn't choke me up a bit even after thinking most of the story was a jumbled mess.

Game was far too easy overall, but at the same time it was probably the first game this gen to give me those "holy shit I'm playing a next gen game" moments. The first encounter with Adamantortoise the fights with Titan and Leviathon all very special moments.

The picture feature which I thought was stupid and fluff actually made perfect sense at the end, and I was glad for it being there.

Solid 8/10, it's highs are higher then most of the FF series and it's lows are lower then most of the FF series. In the end I think it will be somewhere in the middle for me.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-09 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Absolutely false. If you go and level up to kill super bosses this might be true, but no one is talking about that. No one is killing the super bosses and then complaining they're over leveled, it's just people doing the content provided for their level range with no grinding at all.
    And if you do the content provided by the game in FF7, 9, 10, 13 you are going to be overleveled as well if you do other stuff than the main story (excluding superbosses). Doing side content in FFXV is equal to grinding in the other games. It doesn't contribute anything to the main story experience. There are like 2 side quests in the game that isn't fetch quests. This is how it has always been. It's just that now in FFXV they added side content to the start of the game so people are more likely to do it than towards the later portions of the game. Play through FFXV without doing any side content and you will see that it is much more balanced in term of player strength (still too easy).
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-12-09 at 12:27 PM.

13 you are going to be overleveled as well
    Proof that you don't know what you're talking about. It's impossible to over level in 13, as they flat out cap your level and strength based on chapter you're on. You don't even unlock the levels in the crystarium you need for the super bosses until AFTER you beat the main story.

You haven't played any FF game, or have a very select memory of them. Sorry but in no other FF game did going and collecting frogs give me 5 levels worth of xp. There is no comparison at all, XV throws XP at you like it's going out of style. In every other FF game you actually have to kill shit to get xp. Major fucking difference.

Proof that you don't know what you're talking about. It's impossible to over level in 13, as they flat out cap your level and strength based on chapter you're on. You don't even unlock the levels in the crystarium you need for the super bosses until AFTER you beat the main story.

You haven't played any FF game, or have a very select memory of them. Sorry but in no other FF game did going and collecting frogs give me 5 levels worth of xp. There is no comparison at all, XV throws XP at you like it's going out of style. In every other FF game you actually have to kill shit to get xp. Major fucking difference.
    I have 300 hours played in FFXIII and yes you can overlevel. If you reach the cap for each chapter you are overleveled as crazy. When you reach chapter 11 in FFXIII and you start doing side content, this is where its side content with the hunts are equal to the side content that are open at the start of the game in FFXV, then you will be overeleveled for the rest of the main story.
    If you do monster arena in FFX at all then you are overleveled for the story.
    If you take any time to learn skills in FFIX then you are overleveled for the story.
    If you level any materia in FFVII then you are overeleved for the story.

I have 300 hours played in FFXIII and yes you can overlevel. If you reach the cap for each chapter you are overleveled as crazy.
    lol, no. You reach the cap in each chapter by simply doing the chapters. There is no real area to grind until pulse, and you can't grind on pulse as the chapter 11 story shit caps your levels out already. The only real grind you can do in XIII is after you beat the main story.

"300 hours" lul, game took me 80 hours to platinum. I don't need "300 hours" to tell me about the game as I remember it vividly and it's one of my top 5 FF games.

Talking about monster arena in X is even more laughable, that is post game content. No one is saying they did all the level 50+ hunts and are over leveled. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Again you're trying to falsely compare super grinding in other games to doing a fetch quest and getting multiple levels handed to you for not killing shit.

In every other FF game you have to make an effort if you want to be OP for the content you're doing. In XV it just happens by simply doing stuff. You don't even have to fight anything not required for a quest and you're overleveled out the ass.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-09 at 12:48 PM.

lol, no. You reach the cap in each chapter by simply doing the chapters. There is no real area to grind until pulse, and you can't grind on pulse as the chapter 11 story shit caps your levels out already. The only real grind you can do in XIII is after you beat the main story.

"300 hours" lul, game took me 80 hours to platinum. I don't need "300 hours" to tell me about the game as I remember it vividly and it's one of my top 5 FF games.
    And it's my top 3 which is why I have platinum'd it 3 times and run through it multiple times more, hence the 300 hours. There are plenty of places to grind for both gil and cp in that game. And if you reach the cap each chapter with all the classes available to you then you have been grinding.
    You might need to replay it again to refresh your memory. I played through it the last time 2 months ago so I'm fairly confident in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I've found 7 phoenix downs and ended the game with 3. I've never bought any. I've used Mega-phoenix's to rezz just Prompto (honestly think he is my only guy that has ever fully died) just because you could finds those things everywhere. IF I rezzed him at all. End the fight and you don't even have to bother rezzing him. Prompt's Max health low? Just use one of those OP elixirs. I wouldn't be mad if they nerfed elixirs even though it's a single player game.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I would consider grinding.
    I tend to use less potions and more phoenix downs. Basically rely on the "get up ya lazy!" mechanic when they're in danger and otherwise don't try keeping anyone healed all that much. If I'd heal them, I guess that would make more sense.

Though I used a lot of Mega Phoenix Downs on the mini boss in the sewer dungeon. That narrow little area sucked. And I burned healing and phoenix downs in the tower that after I decided to abandon realized I was 5 levels under recommendation for going into it.

Prompto dies because he's a gunner, who would be range, who wants to get in melee and use gun-fu.

I'm about to get the "heal when brought out of danger" so I assume even easier from there.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-12-09 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I tend to use less potions and more phoenix downs. Basically rely on the "get up ya lazy!" mechanic when they're in danger and otherwise don't try keeping anyone healed all that much. If I'd heal them, I guess that would make more sense.

Though I used a lot of Mega Phoenix Downs on the mini boss in the sewer dungeon. That narrow little area sucked. And I burned healing and phoenix downs in the tower that after I decided to abandon realized I was 5 levels under recommendation for going into it.

Prompto dies because he's a gunner, who would be range, who wants to get in melee and use gun-fu.

I'm about to get the "heal when brought out of danger" so I assume even easier from there.
    I'm sick of Prompto doing it so I just let him die now.

just did the behemoth fight and it was the first time I had fun with the combat, it was challenging too (cause I wasn't over leveled) he attacks too fast for greatsword (his weakness) to be of full use, had to use fire, and then I finally got him to fall over.

However I am having trouble trying to do link strikes successfully. Do I just attack from behind and hope one of the 3 is near me?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    just did the behemoth fight and it was the first time I had fun with the combat, it was challenging too (cause I wasn't over leveled) he attacks too fast for greatsword (his weakness) to be of full use, had to use fire, and then I finally got him to fall over.

However I am having trouble trying to do link strikes successfully. Do I just attack from behind and hope one of the 3 is near me?
    Ya I just did that fight as well and it was fun. I was around level 18, My only issue was trying to get the fire to go off near the oil and hit him. The fight felt really epic.

(If we are talking about the same Behemoth fight.)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I just did that fight as well and it was fun. I was around level 18, My only issue was trying to get the fire to go off near the oil and hit him. The fight felt really epic.

(If we are talking about the same Behemoth fight.)
    yes we are, the easy way to explode the oil on him is that if you are far away enough he charges at you. Go to a barrel a little bit always and dodge his attack and quickly cast fire. If you block him too you jump in the air and cast a free fire.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yes we are, the easy way to explode the oil on him is that if you are far away enough he charges at you. Go to a barrel a little bit always and dodge his attack and quickly cast fire. If you block him too you jump in the air and cast a free fire.
    Didn't know that, Oh well was a epic fight ether way

Mite upload it at some point..

I had to potion spam because he just attacked too fast for me to dodge everything (and AI is dumb like always)

sometimes he would one hit me. I'll prob def get a few levels up on quests now instead of the exact level

also what is "blinking" I got a shield that says restore HP when you blink is that just warp strike?

For anyone interested here is the Behemoth fight I did. I could have done it better but.....fuck the lockon system in this game.
    Also fuck the camera.

(Also this was on Ps4 Pro not Ps4 on the high setting, There is no pro logo to use yet lol)

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-09 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm sick of Prompto doing it so I just let him die now.
    That's because firearms and machineries deal less damage the furth you are. Firearms max range is 30m and Machineries is 15m, every time you gain 1/10 of max range you lose 10% damage, so firearm for exemple : 0-3m you deal 100%, 3-6m is 90%...and at max range you deal 1 damage and 0 damage behond that.

The official guide has a lot of stuff about how weapons work, it's pretty cool.