Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So you think the FFXIV UI is fine? You know, opening your inventory, having to close the window before you can open a new one. The god-awful organized inventory.

etc. etc. etc. etc. basically, what half the community complains about on a daily basis.

What is that supposed to show me...? Maybe you need to know what the fuck you are talking about..
    And one last time... why would it not work for both versions? Again.. it's not about it not working at all, it's about it being worse because it has to work on both.

Pathetic, really.

please only reply if you actually know what is being discussed, or why people say what they are saying.
    I would prefer a bag system akin to WoW but to be honest it doesn't really affect me that bad. Also the inventory is getting a rework and more spaces in Stormblood. PS3 did actually limit it. A lot. Admittedly I'm not fond of how the inventory is handled but I wouldn't say it's a crushing blow for me. I wouldn't say that makes the whole game worse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-16 at 05:41 PM.

What is that supposed to show me...? Maybe you need to know what the fuck you are talking about..
    And one last time... why would it not work for both versions? Again.. it's not about it not working at all, it's about it being worse because it has to work on both.

Pathetic, really.

please only reply if you actually know what is being discussed, or why people say what they are saying.
    You made the comment
    unless of course you played it only on consoles, then you just don't know how it could work better.
    I am showing you that I played on both and both work just fine. It doesn't work worse on PC, You have yet to provide any proof that it works worse on PC.

You are sitting there shitting on consoles and yet to provide any proof to your claims. You also ignore the fact that devs have been lazy as fuck on both sides. Consoles get ports with PC UI's and shit controls and PC's can get console ports with shit UI's and controls.

Nether is common ether and FFXIV is NOT one of those. FFXIV plays great on a KB&M and also great on a Controller.

Take ur console bashing bullshit to Reddit seriously. I know what your saying and I'm saying its bullshit with no proof.

Lazy devs are lazy...and at 11 we learn water is wet.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-16 at 05:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Am I talking to a wall here? I said multiple times that the game works "worse" than it *could* not that it works "worse" than on PS3/PS4.

I gave you a reason as to why that is the case too, and Elecc even agrees with that

I would prefer a bag system akin to WoW but to be honest it doesn't really affect me that bad. Also the inventory is getting a rework and more spaces in Stormblood. PS3 did actually limit it.
    The console version did limit it - even if it didn't "limit it" (as in "physically") - it's still 100%, completely designed with a controller in mind and I have to look at, and use, commands that would be/are completely unnecessary with mouse and keyboard.

And no, you don't know what I'm saying, you still don't get it.
    And no, FFXIV doesn't play "great" on KB&M... WoW does, FFXIV doesn't. You can play it with KB&M though, but it's clearly not optimized because it would make the game look different on each platfrom, it's also worth mentioning that encounter design/long GCDs are probably due to the limiting controls of consoles/controllers too, so the gameplay is affected too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-16 at 06:00 PM.

I think what KrayZee is trying to say is not the actual way you interact with the UI is hindered but more what can be accomplished with the UI. For example you cant have several certain windows open at the same time because the PS3 wouldn't be able to handle certain elements of it together at the same time. Things like having TP show up in the party window was a real struggle for them was another one.

Though to be honest a game like WoW cant have a lot of windows open at once too... unless that's just a 1080P restriction because I can only have three at once and at most times two.

Am I talking to a wall here? I said multiple times that the game works "worse" than it *could* not that it works "worse" than on PS3/PS4.
    You need to provide some kind of guide line on what worse then it could is...

WoW works worse then it could.

A tree works worse then it could.

The sun works worse then it could.

See how a blanket statement is stupid as fuck because you don't go into detail on HOW it could work better. Even if it did meet your "Requirement" there is someone out there with a higher requirement then urs.

Ur not talking to a wall you are just a "Pc Master Race" who doesn't understand simple logic. Everything could work better and everything could be worse. You have yet to prove how FFXIV is worse due to consoles.

So how about we do this.

You sit in the corner and cry about consoles while I enjoy Bloodborne,Ratchet and Clank,FFXV,God of War and so on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I think what KrayZee is trying to say is not the actual way you interact with the UI is hindered but more what can be accomplished with the UI. For example you cant have several certain windows open at the same time because the PS3 wouldn't be able to handle certain elements of it together at the same time. Things like having TP show up in the party window was a real struggle for them was another one.

Though to be honest a game like WoW cant have a lot of windows open at once too... unless that's just a 1080P restriction because I can only have three at once and at most times two.
    Yep and PS3 support is gone soon anyway. It's being thrown out. So a lot of the UI issues will probably go away. I mean I commend them for bringing 14 to the PS3 but it really is garbage on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post

That is something that can be changed as well, Even more so since with the next expansion they will be dropping Ps3 support or they could just enable it for Ps4/PC and not PC.

This has zero to do with a console limit and 100% to do with dev's being lazy. Consoles can't hurt PC's in anyway, Lazy devs can and sometimes do. Lazy devs also hurt consoles at times.

Trying to get around the menu's in FFXIV on a Controller is a fucken pain compared to PC.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-16 at 05:59 PM.

Let's keep discussion on FFXV folks, we have a whole other forum for FFXIV discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep and PS3 support is gone soon anyway. It's being thrown out. So a lot of the UI issues will probably go away. I mean I commend them for bringing 14 to the PS3 but it really is garbage on PS3.
    Ya only reason it got a PS3 port was because of FFXIV 1.0 being there. They made the promise it would be but FFXIV 2.0 did tax the system a lot. Impressive it ran as well as it did tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let's keep discussion on FFXV folks, we have a whole other forum for FFXIV discussion.
    Does this count

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You need to provide some kind of guide line on what worse then it could is...

WoW works worse then it could.

A tree works worse then it could.

The sun works worse then it could.

See how a blanket statement is stupid as fuck because you don't go into detail on HOW it could work better. Even if it did meet your "Requirement" there is someone out there with a higher requirement then urs.

Ur not talking to a wall you are just a "Pc Master Race" who doesn't understand simple logic. Everything could work better and everything could be worse. You have yet to prove how FFXIV is worse due to consoles.

So how about we do this.

You sit in the corner and cry about consoles while I enjoy Bloodborne,Ratchet and Clank,FFXV,God of War and so on.
    I already gave all of that.
    I mentioned an example with The Division, FFXIV how WC3 would've looked on console and how it could never be the same game if they made it for consoles too.
    And Why do I have to prove that FFXIV is worse due to consoles? When the devs themselves said that this is being the case and you face Controller control schemes even if you use M+KB?

Stop ignoring the issue, seriously. Oh my god... you must live in your own tiny world if you don't realize the problem. Can you play WoW with a controler just as well as with a mouse and keyboard?
    WC3?
    SC2?
    Start to realize that if they want it to work on consoles/controllers, they have to cut and change things. That's just how it is. And it will change things. Stop denying that... stop denying that controllers are a cool and casual input device, that is also less accurate and versatile as a keyboard and mouse. This *fact* is the proof you need.

I can't use a car-wheel to play ego shooters either. If they want to make their games work with a car wheel however, you can guess that it will look different to a game that only has a keyboard and mouse in mind.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-16 at 06:11 PM.

Stop ignoring the issue, seriously. Oh my god...
    Take ur issues to reddit....

This isn't a thread for FFXIV or Console bashing.

10+ Year Old Account

Free content patch, separate from any Packs:
    - New Game+
    - Photo Frame feature for social media uploads of Prompto's photos.

Holiday Pack - FREE verison
    - Level Stopper Accessory (Nixperience Band - A device that stops XP from being TALLIED)

Victory Song of Annihilation Accessory (Warrior's Fanfare - Increased AP for A+ Offense battle rank)

Noctis Costume: Mog Choco T-Shirt

Limited Time Carnival Tickets (Used to travel to the "Moogle Chocobo Carnival" for a limited time.

Holiday Pack Plus: SEASON PASS version (Contains Free version items as well)

Protect Ring Accessory (Ring of Resistance - DISABLES MAGICAL FRIENDLY FIRE)

Command Booster Accessory (Noctis Only) (Tech Turbocharger - Faster Tech Bar, Disabled Armiger)

Phantom Booster Accessory (Noctis Only) (Armiger Accelerator - Faster Armiger, Disabled Tech Bar)

Instant Kill Victory Song Accessory (Blitzer's Fanfare - Increased AP for A+ Time battle rank)

Battle Skill Victory Song Accessory (Tactician's Fanfare - Increased AP for A+ Finesse battle rank)

Key of Fortune Accessory (Increased Drop Rates)

Stamina Anchor Accessory (Noctis Only) (Infinite Stamina)

Noctis Costume: Carnival Style

Photo Frames - Limited Edition (These are SEPARATE from the free frames)

Even more Limited Time Carnival Tickets.

Carnival tickets and costumes will be part of the "Moogle Chocobo Carnival", an in-game event happening late January.
    Holiday pack dropping on the 22nd.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Holiday pack dropping on the 22nd.

YES!

10+ Year Old Account

YES!
    What, you don't like this happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Does NG+ carry over hunt completion or something?

Otherwise i suspect a lot of people are just gonna watch the added scenes on youtube instead of replaying the game.
    cant really see it carrying over anything but items/equipment/skill level/ap/gil etc.

Wow, that protect ring is for the paid version of the DLC only...that's incredibly lame : (

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What, you don't like this happening?

As I've said. Only to Prompto.

I have to agree with someone who posted earlier about the endgame maze dungeons being a huge let down. Their design is about as lazy as a developer can get, and the enemies in them are extremely easy to deal with, especially if you are lvl 99. I was expecting more than this. Although the huge creatures you fight in the open world for Randolph are a tad bit more fun, overall the post story content is pretty disappointing.

They really needed to allow people to play in the World of Ruin more as an endgame option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There is no such thing as mind dumbing. You can tell by dumbing not being a word.
    people said the same thing about "ain't"

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Considering the only thing I tend to see from PC demands are "more graphics, better graphics, more graphics, better graphics and mods" I don't really see many demanding games themselves evolve much with their "put it on PC" demands.
    and mods and debugging tools to get around bugs and usually your configuration of choice... i was never able to find a comfortable controller setup for this game so i got platinum and was crippled the whole way

Would hardly call Blinded by Light "elevator music" but god forbid I like FF13 right? I heard that is a sin on these forums.
    i cant trust anyone who likes ff13

theres about a million other things you could like

like strippers, cocaine, skydiving, not pulling out, guys, punching kittens, your sister, 2girls1cup, mint chocolate chip klondike bars, chevys, honda, Golden State or the Cowboys

but you chose ff13

They really needed to allow people to play in the World of Ruin more as an endgame option.
    yeah i was so expecting that when i got there and i was like wtf no why when i realized it wasn't so
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, that protect ring is for the paid version of the DLC only...that's incredibly lame : (
    your comrades are useless always dying or jacking off in a corner when you need them anyway

they pretty much deserve the abuse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    people said the same thing about "ain't"

and mods and debugging tools to get around bugs and usually your configuration of choice... i was never able to find a comfortable controller setup for this game so i got platinum and was crippled the whole way

i cant trust anyone who likes ff13

theres about a million other things you could like

like strippers, cocaine, skydiving, not pulling out, guys, punching kittens, your sister, 2girls1cup, mint chocolate chip klondike bars, chevys, honda, Golden State or the Cowboys

but you
    chose ff13

yeah i was so expecting that when i got there and i was like wtf no why when i realized it wasn't so

your comrades are useless always dying or jacking off in a corner when you need them anyway

they pretty much deserve the abuse lol
    I know I've sinned man. The whole MMO champion community who despise FF13 and those who like it are gonna come down on me like a ton of bricks.