Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From wikipedia:

If he didn't murder anybody, it would appear he cannot be executed according to the law.

Still, he did cause the miscarriage of one of the women's children, I wonder if that falls under aggravated murder under those definitions. Point's moot however - he doesn't deserve the death penalty when life in a cage is far more suitable.

Deleted
    Since I don't believe in death penalty at all. No I don't think he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Did you not notice that part about WORK on purpose?
    you're making a whole bunch of assumptions on this thread, spewing false information.

Taken from the federal bureau of prisons:
    "Inmates earn 12¢ to 40¢ per hour for these work assignments."

from wikipedia
    "In 2005, it cost an average of $23,876 dollars per state prisoner"

stop being arrogant for 2 seconds and get a little informed. i guess they're making up the issues about prison costs and being way too expensive, right?

I don't know why people say the death penalty is expensive. A single 9 mm round only costs a few cents.

Please tell me how death is punishment ? We don't even know what happens after, if anything ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Did he kill anyone? If not then no death penalty.
    He did starve AND beat one of the pregnant women to cause a miscarriage, effectively killing the unborn baby. I think that counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    He did starve AND beat one of the pregnant women to cause a miscarriage, effectively killing the unborn baby. I think that counts?
    uh oh, you're dabbling in the abortion debate. you don't want to cross into those waters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    do you honestly think there is no cost associated with keeping someone in prison?
    I dont think it costs anywhere near what the claim. They say on average its around 35k per year. Thats more money than a LOT of families spend on a family of 4 and in prison the only thing they need to provide is food unless a mortgage is owed on the building in which case they are paying that whether there are people housed in there or not.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    Taken from the federal bureau of prisons:
    "Inmates earn 12¢ to 40¢ per hour for these work assignments."
    That's what THEY make as workers. Now tell me how much prison earns from the "products" their workers produce....
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I don't know why people say the death penalty is expensive. A single 9 mm round only costs a few cents.
    Try read up on one of the billion of posts about it. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont think it costs anywhere near what the claim. They say on average its around 35k per year. Thats more money than a LOT of families spend on a family of 4 and in prison the only thing they need to provide is food unless a mortgage is owed on the building in which case they are paying that whether there are people housed in there or not.
    i think that's just a matter of an extremely low average salary in the US. You need to take into account the endless programs that they need to pay for, on top of keeping someone in sanitary and average living conditions. It's like the education system, we pay ABSURD amounts for education and you sit there thinking "why the fuck do they need 5 figures from me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and what would be the cost of keeping someone in prison for 25 years, anyone who gets life imprisonment has conducted a crime worthy of death so it would save the government money and to get rid of these people for good, a harsh penalty like this may even reduce these types of crime in the long run.
    You are dreaming.... Not a single crime, as heinous as it gets is committed with the retaliation and consequences in mind. If that was the case, we'd barely have any crime whatsoever. Criminals don't give a shit about the law, period. Capital punishment does nothing to prevent anything.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Please tell me how death is punishment ? We don't even know what happens after, if anything ;o
    Its more a form of relief for the victims than a punishement. And we ensure he won't cause any more suffering. Its the whole irony of the debate tough, because he didn't kill someone his crime isn't terrible enough to warant death while death is in my opinion far from the worse thing that can happen to someone. What those women had to endure is much worse considering of how long it went on.

I do also.

There's a huge, huge difference between someone getting an abortion and someone being brutally forced to miscarry. At least with the former, you have a choice. With the later, you are not only risking the mothers health which could potentially lead to her death without medical assistance, but you are also taking away her choice.

(No abortion debates please. Stay on topic. Just making a point).

He should suffer and spend a life time in jail, I don't think death would be enough.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    What if that 9 mm round happens to hit the head of someone that was innocent, something that happens quite often believe it or not. Don't you think that they are covering the costs of the mistake they risk by executing people?

Depends on how far along she is.

It amuses me when people say "let the prisoners deal with him" ... he didn't murder anyone and i'm not too familiar with law but I don't think he'll get life in prison so he'll be back out at a reasonable age and after being "dealt with" in prison i'm sure he'll be well conditioned to put some good rape to women in the future.

As for the death penalty, do I THINK he should be executed? No, kidnap and rape are petty crimes to me.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's what THEY make as workers. Now tell me how much prison earns from the "products" their workers produce....
    i'm not sure what you're arguing.. it's a proven fact that prisons are extremely costly. why are you arguing your pretend knowledge against fact?

they work in factories, they paint the prison, they serve food, they do yard work. they do bitch work, that's it. prisons don't have their own line of inmate produced goods. it's VERY VERY minimal, check it out for yourself if you don't believe me instead of this "i think this is right because i said so, so until you prove me wrong im right" because you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Depends on how far along she is.

It amuses me when people say "let the prisoners deal with him" ... he didn't murder anyone and i'm not too familiar with law but I don't think he'll get life in prison so he'll be back out at a reasonable age and after being "dealt with" in prison i'm sure he'll be well conditioned to put some good rape to women in the future.

As for the death penalty, do I THINK he should be executed? No, kidnap and rape are petty crimes to me.
    He also tortured them. Read the article, it goes into a lot more depth.

The death penalty only works if people believe in hell after death. That the person will eventually receive their just due punishment in the life after next. People who do not believe this will take the stance that keeping him alive creating a living hell for them now is where he will receive his just due punishment.

I personally wouldn't mind going medieval on his ass. Saw this one torture device where you get put into a head clamp from the top of your head with the other side below the jaw. The clamp goes tighter and tighter breaking your teeth from the jaw being closed so tightly and then the shards cutting into your gums and mouth. Don't even have to kill him IMO. Just a couple days of that and I would be satisfied.