Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anowyn View Post
    My boss and a coworker went to a conference (IT) a few weeks ago and they said there were some Microsoft guys there doing some Windows 8 demo or something like that. The guys apparently kept saying stuff like "It may seem strange to you now, but when start thinking with our mindset, you'll think it makes sense and is really great"
    So...a cult?

I honestly hope that they change some of thier policies, and end up doing moderately well. Healthy competition is what helps to make a lot of great games, and keeps the prices down overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I think the name is sticking simply because it sounds funny/insulting, and a LOT of people hate the Xbone. :P
    Yep, which is why people call MoP Mope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    There's more factors in this as well. Even if consumers are uninformed, that doesn't mean developers are. They will not want to make their games for such a console. Who will want to get the Xbone when no good games even come out for it?

Not to mention those few who buy the Xbone without knowing anything about it will soon realize their poor purchasing skills when they can't play their latest CoD or Halo. Hell, even the idiots who think they have the greatest internet in the world will have a rude awakening when things either fail on their side, or Microsoft's.

And, let us not forget what happened when they tried to release the 360. Considering they knowing allowed their shitty hardware in the system to go into stores just to get it out as soon as possible, I'm sure there will be a repeat in order to beat Sony again and get a heads up in the market.
    If one want just an example, go to xbone's facebook page. It's just filled with people making bad comments.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-06-19 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Like it or love it, its how the future is moving, sucks that people in bumfuck nowhere will get shafted but thats how it is.

So now we are arguing about what might happen at the end of the next generation, why dont we argue about whos fault it is when the world ends now cus thats about the same level.

Wrong.

its going to fuck microsofts market up. Specially when the competition is available and will work in that area, microsoft loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Also Xbone did sell out of it's original stock, they added more.
    Oh really? Sounds questionable to me...

Considering the response, I find it really unlikely that Amazon had only a portion of their allotted Day One consoles available for pre-order then added more after selling out. I suppose it's possible, or MS offered more, but seems unlikely to me that you'd go that route.

You'd want day one availability to show sold out, then make more available. Not look like nobody is pre-ordering the system.

Of course, Microsoft's PR seems like a lame duck in a horse race this go 'round. They've handled everything poorly in my opinion.

Then you also have pre-orders that will be cancelled on both sides. And I'm not saying it's impossible they did sell out and add more, I just find it odd that you'd see that.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-06-19 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Oh really? Sounds questionable to me...

Considering the response, I find it really unlikely that Amazon had only a portion of their allotted Day One consoles available for pre-order then added more after selling out. I suppose it's possible, or MS offered more, but seems unlikely to me that you'd go that route.

You'd want day one availability to show sold out, then make more available. Not look like nobody is pre-ordering the system.

Of course, Microsoft's PR seems like a lame duck in a horse race this go 'round. They've handled everything poorly in my opinion.
    I'm not sure what to tell you. They were sold out for a day or two then they had more stock. You can find it unlikely all you want but that's what happened.

Deleted

This is what Microsoft did to customers with the xbox one

Probably quantity allotted to Amazon per Microsoft, followed by an increased allotment then.

At least, that'd be my guess. Could be Microsoft has more planned for release than Sony, could be less pre-orders than expected from other locations being reallocated to Amazon, could be a blip on Amazon's side, could be any number of things.

The world may never know....

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Could be Microsoft has more planned for release than Sony,
    Well MS only has 1 launch day version of the Xbox One. PS4 has 5, 4 of which are in the top 10 best sellers for Amazon Video Games.

List Price: $499.99
    Price: $499.96 & FREE Shipping. Details
    You Save: $0.03

Dat discount makes my mouth water. Wait no. And wow, free shipping which I'd have anyhow! :O
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Like it or love it, its how the future is moving, sucks that people in bumfuck nowhere will get shafted but thats how it is.
    Well, this is kind of awkward now when MS has changed their policy and retracted their earlier statements about always being online.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

They realized how badly they f**ked up and now are trying to salvage what's left of their console business. Sure they might get some people to come back to them but I think in the long run they have royally screwed themselves good for this coming generation. I think it's a case of too little too late not to mention the whole pr mess that is them claiming xbone games shown were running on dev kits when they weren't lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like that's not gonna happen, they announced that they're changing the policies and DRM.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-remov...ium=Socialflow
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

They must have been getting absolutely DESTROYED in pre order sales for them to do this. A company like M$ is a PR camel. They can generally weather any bad news storm that hits them... until it starts seriously affecting the bottom line.

From what I have read across multiple forums and articles, the PS4 is outselling the Xbone 2 to 1 on amazon, and 3+ to 1 in many gamestop and best buy locations.