10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Trespasser spoilers obvi

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the line is he'd be glad if you prove him wrong again. That's a different thing than he hopes it's a mistake, he can't believe what he's doing is a mistake or else he wouldn't be doing it that's just not how he works. But he thinks this is the only way and that's what he hopes to be wrong about. He wants another way so he doesn't have to do this.
    I agree, but then there's still the obvious pattern Solas has with "fixing" things using methods that cause disastrous results. Especially with the whole recurring theme of people being unable to return to themes, places, or contexts that no longer exist or are no longer applicable. Solas wants to restore the time of the ancient elves without seeming to realize that the elves of today likely *can't* exist in that world - they've no understanding of what it was the Veil did to change their society, and there's absolutely no guarantee that reuniting the Fade with the waking world will return the time of Arlathan. Especially given the state of the Black City, the influence of the Tevinter magisters who became the first Darkspawn, and the general disrepair and hostile bent of the spirits/demons within the current Fade.

I believe in DA4 we're going to see the result of Solas succeeding in his goal, and creating a world of nightmares and demons that slaughter his people while the hero tries to undo or deal with ramifications of Solas' stupidity.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Oookay so after a four day break (damnit family, why you interupt my DAI), I finally finished Trespasser...

Ooooh boy that was good, like REALLY good.

I'm wondering now why they were SO reluctant to say that DA4 is on the slate, when the ending so clearly sets everything up for it...
    Probably a weak attempt to hide the ending? *Shrug*. Maybe they want to focus on a jade empire sequel or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love for a Jade Empire sequel.

so, weekes got asked on twitter why half-breeds between humans and elves seem to be entirely human, he just responds with "spoilers!"

this dude just hyping da4 before it's announced? or are we lorenerds gonna get orgasmic-levels of lorey goodness in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so, weekes got asked on twitter why half-breeds between humans and elves seem to be entirely human, he just responds with "spoilers!"

this dude just hyping da4 before it's announced? or are we lorenerds gonna get orgasmic-levels of lorey goodness in the future?
    I wouldn't expect DA4 for at least 2 years considering ME:A is coming next year. Most likely I think we'll see DA4 in 3 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I would love for a Jade Empire sequel.
    Not under EA, fuck that.

Deleted
    Been playing this for 70 hours now, which is about the same amount of time i put into Witcher 3.

I can honestly say hands down, Dragon Age Inquisition is by far the superior game.

Having the option to play any role, at any time is nothing short of amazing. You dont even need to have the standard setup of tank, healer (or rather dispelling mages) and dps if you dont want to, although it does greatly help.

The more i play this game, the more i think of this as WoW 2. You have your trinity setup, open world, where you find dungeons to enter, and then your World Dragon bosses to fight.

It took me more than 20 hours of play to 'get it', but once i did, and things started to becone familiar, getting purples and upgrading and enchanting them, then going to workd areas and fighting dragon bosses just makes me think "WoW 2".

Honestly love this game.

Inquisitor : "Bandits ahead !!"
    Blackwall : "Poor sods"

Lol !!
    Last edited by mmoc2d3bbfa13e; 2015-09-17 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    New Qunari multiplayer pack coming out those who care.

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/...7&sf40908783=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    snip
    Back in my days, trolling meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I agree, but then there's still the obvious pattern Solas has with "fixing" things using methods that cause disastrous results. Especially with the whole recurring theme of people being unable to return to themes, places, or contexts that no longer exist or are no longer applicable. Solas wants to restore the time of the ancient elves without seeming to realize that the elves of today likely *can't* exist in that world - they've no understanding of what it was the Veil did to change their society, and there's absolutely no guarantee that reuniting the Fade with the waking world will return the time of Arlathan. Especially given the state of the Black City, the influence of the Tevinter magisters who became the first Darkspawn, and the general disrepair and hostile bent of the spirits/demons within the current Fade.

I believe in DA4 we're going to see the result of Solas succeeding in his goal, and creating a world of nightmares and demons that slaughter his people while the hero tries to undo or deal with ramifications of Solas' stupidity.
    I hope DA4 doesn't take place after Solas has done whatever he's done >< That would be disappointing. They've been hinting up and down for awhile the next one will be in Tevinter which makes a ton of sense, but if Solas has already done the thing... I mean what could we really hope to do? My personal hope is we'll catch up with him right before and based on our choices/what we've done he'll either do the thing and destroy everything, or we'll convince him he doesn't need to do the thing but he'll do something different which will help the elves but not destroy the world (and it probably should kill him).

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I wouldn't expect DA4 for at least 2 years considering ME:A is coming next year. Most likely I think we'll see DA4 in 3 years.
    Well not only that but BioWare also has the new unannounced IP they are working on as well, though I'd guess we are likely a year or two away from them revealing things about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I hope DA4 doesn't take place after Solas has done whatever he's done >< That would be disappointing. They've been hinting up and down for awhile the next one will be in Tevinter which makes a ton of sense, but if Solas has already done the thing... I mean what could we really hope to do? My personal hope is we'll catch up with him right before and based on our choices/what we've done he'll either do the thing and destroy everything, or we'll convince him he doesn't need to do the thing but he'll do something different which will help the elves but not destroy the world (and it probably should kill him).
    I would personally love to visit Tevinter after having heard so much of it from the codex and conversations of all the other Dragon Age games - I can only hope that Dorian remains a fixture and the touchstone much in the way Varric was for DA2 to DA:I. My personal theory for DA4 involves some heavy northern Thedas action with a 3-way fight between Tevinter, the Qunari, and now the faction represented by Solas. I personally want to see the Qunari get smacked down hard as I've grown a bit tired of their "we know what's right for everyone" rhetoric when confronted with forces they know nothing about. It's the one thing that Solas and I are completely eye-to-eye on, if nothing else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would personally love to visit Tevinter after having heard so much of it from the codex and conversations of all the other Dragon Age games - I can only hope that Dorian remains a fixture and the touchstone much in the way Varric was for DA2 to DA:I. My personal theory for DA4 involves some heavy northern Thedas action with a 3-way fight between Tevinter, the Qunari, and now the faction represented by Solas. I personally want to see the Qunari get smacked down hard as I've grown a bit tired of their "we know what's right for everyone" rhetoric when confronted with forces they know nothing about. It's the one thing that Solas and I are completely eye-to-eye on, if nothing else.
    Agreed, and I would be really surprised if they don't use Dorian in that way in DA4... I mean if nothing else they'll have a lot of angry Dorianmancers with pitchforks to contend with if they don't

10+ Year Old Account
    So with learning that the Veil is a literal barrier constructed by Solas. It seems that the Golden City was an actual place and was turned Black by it being cut off from Thedas. So if Solas is successful in tearing down the Veil and bringing the world back to it's normal state. Then the Black City will be Golden again because of it being reconnected. The Library would also be made whole again. Which would mean unleashing immensely powerful beings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Back in my days, trolling meant something.
    I honestly meant what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    So with learning that the Veil is a literal barrier constructed by Solas. It seems that the Golden City was an actual place and was turned Black by it being cut off from Thedas. So if Solas is successful in tearing down the Veil and bringing the world back to it's normal state. Then the Black City will be Golden again because of it being reconnected. The Library would also be made whole again. Which would mean unleashing immensely powerful beings.
    Maybe? I mean I think that's what he thinks will happen but it's possible both the Black City and the Library (and every other place affected by it) were so damaged at the split removing the veil might not actually fix it. I'd actually be really surprised if it did work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    My working theory is that the Golden City is actually the bulk of what was ancient Arlathan before the creation of the Veil, and that the Evanuris are imprisoned within it. They are both the cause of the Blight and its change into the Black City, either due to their dealings with the Void or their actions after being imprisoned behind the Veil. I'm also pretty that the Tevinter's Old Gods are either the Evanuris or the Forgotten Ones trying to escape the Fade and return to the world - but there's a lot of conflicting lore surrounding them, so it's hard to say how they figure into the goings-on there.

My working theory is that the Golden City is actually the bulk of what was ancient Arlathan before the creation of the Veil, and that the Evanuris are imprisoned within it. They are both the cause of the Blight and its change into the Black City, either due to their dealings with the Void or their actions after being imprisoned behind the Veil. I'm also pretty that the Tevinter's Old Gods are either the Evanuris or the Forgotten Ones trying to escape the Fade and return to the world - but there's a lot of conflicting lore surrounding them, so it's hard to say how they figure into the goings-on there.
    i don't think the evanuris are behind the blight, solas doesn't seem to actually know anything about darkspawn or the blight. he thinks red lyrium is corrupted by magic, when we learn it's contracted the blight. if it was a spell from the evanuris, he'd likely know exactly what it is, and speak like "during my journeys in the fade, i discovered..." about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't think the evanuris are behind the blight, solas doesn't seem to actually know anything about darkspawn or the blight. he thinks red lyrium is corrupted by magic, when we learn it's contracted the blight. if it was a spell from the evanuris, he'd likely know exactly what it is, and speak like "during my journeys in the fade, i discovered..." about it.
    I think that it is possible that the Evanuris created the blight. Solas fell asleep after imprisoning them, iirc, so if the Blight is a by-product of their attempts to free themselves from their prision then Solas would have no reason to even know about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Most of what Solas says in his "in my journeys in the Fade" speeches are just a cipher for his own experiences in ancient times before his creation of the Veil. The Blight would be after he entered his own Uthenera - he'd have no knowledge of it, and it would be as much a mystery to him as it is to us. Since he can no longer bodily enter the Fade (save for the experience in the Nightmare Fade) he'd be locked out from the Black City and what it had become. I'm also basing part of this theory on what we know of Andruil and her experiences in the Void (and the madness that it caused her), and the various murals that seem to depict the ancient Elves under the effect of what seems to be Blight or Red Lyrium. I think imprisonment in the Black City spread this corruption to all the Evanuris, and served as the spark that ignited the Blights and the Darkspawn. It's just a theory, though; who knows what will ultimately be the case.

i didn't think about him being asleep... then it could in fact be from them. i just kinda hope there's more to it than that, though. all this "elves did it" stuff... getting a little tiresome.