i hope a new dlc comes soon. i want more dragon age than i'm getting, dammit.

i'd want an mmo of it, but goddamn EA and mmos just ain't a good combination. it'd be just as sleazy as swtor.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way, enough with MMOs already. They destroyed Warcraft, KotoR, Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls... They already made Dragon Age and, reportedly, Mass Effect into open world games, with lots of MMO-like quests.

MMOs must die in holy fire!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No way, enough with MMOs already. They destroyed Warcraft, KotoR, Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls... They already made Dragon Age and, reportedly, Mass Effect into open world games, with lots of MMO-like quests.

MMOs must die in holy fire!
    i'd just like an mmo because they don't really end. the story ending bugs the fuck out of me in single player games. in an mmo, there will always be more to do. when i finished inquisition... i couldn't talk to my companions anymore, all i could do was just run around places i already cleared, and do war table missions. that's not fun.

but like i said, i hate the idea of EA ever making a sleazy mmo that gouges every last cent it can out of dragon age. i'd like a single player game with no real defined story and big bad that ends it, just a merc company doing different things in different towns into perpetuity.

- - - Updated - - -

also... anyone know who does the fear demon's voice?

such a sexy voice @_@

...i want him to pet me and call me a silly little girl...

Deleted
    Hope they do a trial thing like this for ME3/Andromeda

Would be cool to just ask friends to play ME3 with me, and doubt I'll be getter ME:A :\

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need more MMO's out of single player franchises, there is already so very few developers actually making story driven AAA western rpgs, there's Bethesda to a degree, Bioware and CDPR, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I remember there being an option for all three living. Because I remember that being what happened for me.
    Yea that is also an option, we talked about that a few posts ago I was discounting it there because I had already expressed how that option is the worst option imo, so we were discussing the options with only two alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    also... anyone know who does the fear demon's voice?

such a sexy voice @_@

...i want him to pet me and call me a silly little girl...
    Bah, I used to know this and now I can't remember >< It was a great voice for that role though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Bah, I used to know this and now I can't remember >< It was a great voice for that role though.
    i found him, it's david sterne. same guy that does corypheus' voice. i knew it was very similar to corypheus', but the fear demon's is slightly twisted and has a little bit of maybe a lisp or slurring to the end of some words? idk if lisp would be the correct thing to call it.

the only thing i didn't like about his dialogue was when you're almost to the area you fight him, he loses his cool and gets mad. as a fear demon, that cold and calm tone suits him better and adds more to the character.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-07-15 at 05:39 PM.

Is there a mod out there that makes the models and skeletons less gawky and awkward? None of the characters seem to know how to stand, don't know what to do with their hands when they're talking and have the most peculiar faces and expressions. If I didn't know better, I'd say the modeling was done by aliens only passingly familiar with human physiology.

10+ Year Old Account
    New singleplayer DLC announced! Looks pretty cool.

Darkspawn with crafted gear? Looks interesting.

is this DLC exclusive again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    is this DLC exclusive again?
    Gameinformer says that it will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on August 11th, so not unless you are playing on a last gen console.

15+ Year Old Account
    iirc they said they wouldn't be releasing any of the new dlc on the xbox 360 or ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Gameinformer says that it will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on August 11th, so not unless you are playing on a last gen console.
    ah ok. I have a PS4 but didn't want to wait 2 months again like the last DLC. anyway, looks good

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing at 1:36, is it a new Ancient Rock Wraith? The dude was pain in DA2 to fight...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ah ok. I have a PS4 but didn't want to wait 2 months again like the last DLC. anyway, looks good
    That shit was the worst. Xbox got last DLC in March and PS4 had to wait till May. I still don't know why they did this over a stupid DLC but at least they didn't do it for this DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

That trailer kinda makes me wonder what big secret we are going to uncover. There are Darkspawn that look a lot more advanced than the one we faced so far so I think that its not that far fetched to assume that it has something to do with the ancient Magisters or the creation of the Darkspawn. Maybe it has something to do with Solas and the other Elven gods? The trailer teases a discovery that will shake the world so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw someone post this and it honestly made sense to me. They said that since we had hints in Inquisition that Lyrium is living, that maybe it is starting to become sentient and is causing the quakes, since Lyrium is abundant in the Deep Roads. The Rock Wraith could be a manifestation of the living lyrium.

Some people disliked Jaw of Hakkon for not having any significance to the greater universe, but I feel like the implications of this DLC could be pretty huge.

- - - Updated - - -

But even if it doesn't have any significance to the greater universe, it is still a must buy for me. The Deep Roads has been some of my favorite parts of the Dragon Age games, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it simply because I get to explore more of it.

Also, I have it on PS4 and I ended up forgetting about Jaws of Hakkon, so I might pick that up on the 11th as well and dive back into DA:I.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    The trailer teases a discovery that will shake the world so why not?
    Those are never as important as they are hyped up to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Deep Roads has been some of my favorite parts of the Dragon Age games, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it simply because I get to explore more of it.
    Funny, I hated the Deep Roads in both DA1 and DA2 (can't say anything about DAI since the Deep Roads sequence there is too short). In DA1, overall Deep Roads were very well designed - but they were just way too long and felt a bit claustrophobic. In DA2, I hated the Deep Roads with passion because of how tough the enemies there are, and in Legacy DLC it just was one bit dungeon crawler. And I hate dungeon crawlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Funny, I hated the Deep Roads in both DA1 and DA2 (can't say anything about DAI since the Deep Roads sequence there is too short). In DA1, overall Deep Roads were very well designed - but they were just way too long and felt a bit claustrophobic. In DA2, I hated the Deep Roads with passion because of how tough the enemies there are, and in Legacy DLC it just was one bit dungeon crawler. And I hate dungeon crawlers.
    Seems like you won't like this DLC then, because they said it was their largest dungeon to date. Which implies that it will be a dungeon crawling DLC.