Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that we get access to the Alpha for being part of the first one . I love that Hippocrates medical bus, may have to make a squad of solely that and smaller medic units and roam as a pack shouting nenawnenaw.

I'm hoping they're simply calling it a MOBA because the term is closer than RTS. (altho technically Starcraft could be called a MOBA in its online pvp incarnations, just not what you'd associate with the genre)

As if the 'commercial' moba's werent annoyingly bland enough, I've been seeing several moba's as facebook games lately. one used a gi joe license, another was some dragons & titans thing too.

There's definitely a lot of room in the MOBA/RTS genres for innovation, and RTS specifically have been lacking for fresh blood (*cough* ideas *cough*)

The F2P part is nothing new regarding this title though, that was announced back before it was shelved. (which, if its just going to be 'another moba' was probably a good choice as the market got flooded, so we can see some second gen improvements to the genre at this point, now that they've had a chance to identify what works and what doesnt)

Oh man...they had better not turn their RTS into another DOTA remake. There are enough of those in the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    I envisioned something closer to AirMech (it was similar in its original format, but closer again this time) rather than something like Dota when they said Moba, kind of like the middle ground where you control a special commander unit but still has the RTS elements of spawning units from a set roster.

Are previous testers automatically chosen for this alpha or is it an entirely new batch?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Are previous testers automatically chosen for this alpha or is it an entirely new batch?
    If you were in the alpha / beta, you should have received an email telling you that you're in a few days ago. Check your spam folder.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If you were in the alpha / beta, you should have received an email telling you that you're in a few days ago. Check your spam folder.
    My poor reading skills...
    We will send out your official invitation to join the conflict when it starts.
    Missed that part after opting in from the email. I figured the testing has already started since the client was downloaded and patched.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If it's just another dota clone, then ugh indeed. However the wording on the description has me curious and thinking it may end up being a bit like eota...which if it is I'll shit bricks and do a little dance. Pleasepleasepleaseplease.
    It is more likely EoN is being turned toward something akin to Airmech- which is also a MOBA/RTS.

Wouldn't really make too much sense to pilot a tank as you would Juggernaut. So a "dota clone" is pretty unfeasible from a gameplay standpoint.

Also if you look at the revamped design on the website it is not only indicative of games such as the aforementioned Airmech, but makes visual sense how EoN will play from just glancing at the parameters of the unit design.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-14 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think I'd be quite content if it was more like Airmech than just a "DOTA clone" really. Actually makes sense when you think about it.
    There is really no other way for them to develop the game out into a MOBA/RTS. And it just takes like 2/seconds to look at the new art direction and design to have a sense of how the broad structure of the game will be designed.

> Pick a Commander (with various bonuses).
    > Each Commander has some sort of comical/themed vehicle w/ "special" abilities.
    > Matches play out whereby players wrangle for control of resources while pushing toward the fortified base of an opposing player.
    > Less powerful secondary units are used to meet the goal of cracking the opposing base.
    > Winning a match unlocks "perks" for a given commander.
    >Micro transactions include; skins, new commanders, expiring bonuses and voice packs.

Pretty obvious how the game would need to be designed/structured.

Check your emails.

- - - Updated - - -

And there's an interview up on what to expect of changes: http://www.shacknews.com/article/80202/end-of-nations-mmo-aspects-underdeveloped-hence-move-to-moba

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    There are some people saying they were in the first one but didn't get in the second. I don't know if they are true or if they didn't check their spam folders or what; but it may be possible to not get into the second one even if you were in the first.

Friendly reminder: There is a NDA for this. So if you got in, please respect that.

Friendly reminder: There is a NDA for this. So if you got in, please respect that.
    Damn it.

I was about to go all out with screenshots and stoof.

(Is joke)

I blame the heat. >.< Won't happen again!

I still hope someone will make a game and get the removed metagame to work though. It had a lot of potential.

Another thing I've been wondering is what else might have happened between Petroglyph and Trion. If the metagame not really fitting in was the only major problem as the interview suggests, surely Trion could have let Petroglyph make those changes themselves. It wouldn't be Petroglyph's first MOBA after all, they had another one going that I can't remember the name of right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait I thought EoN was a RTS just like Starcraft ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Wait I thought EoN was a RTS just like Starcraft ??
    No, EoN was a squad based RTS where you could build a team of unit. Before, you could do things like 12 infantry and a hero or 4 giant tank and 2 helicopters or 4 medics and 4 heavy mechs. Units would die and you would have to replace them using resources which built slowly over the match (you could increase the rate through capturing resource points).

It's different now. I am not sure how specific I can get due to the NDA though.

There had been a description of RTS/MOBA (no clue how that would work) going around but now they seem to be describing it as a "tactical MOBA".

https://www.endofnations.com/en/register/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be up for playing some MMO-Champ member games if we can get a few people.

I'd be up for it... though fair warning I probably am pretty bad since I don't generally play mobas.