Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If she is so powerful, why is she hiding?
    Could you say the same about Sargeras/ KJ?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I only listed characters we have a chance of facing. If I had to include the dead & Jaina:

Sargeras > Titans > Old Gods > Azshara > Medivh > Kil'jaedan > LK Arthas > Archimonde >> Jaina > Lei Shen > Deathwing > Sha Garrosh > Illidan

More like:

Titans > Old God collective > Sargeras > full powered single Old God > Azshara/Medivh > Kil'jaeden/Archimonde > Deathwing > Lei Shen > the Lich King/Sha-empowered Garrosh > Illidan

Sha Garrosh and Azshara are just speculation because we really have no idea how strong they are, currently. Sha Garrosh may be stronger than Deathwing, even. Azshara, we somewhat know how strong she is, but she was also Old God empowered, so we dunno how strong she is now.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-07-12 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If she is so powerful, why is she hiding?
    She's always been depicted as the type that sits and maniacally laughs as others do her work for her. She's never really lifted a finger to do anything. The only sweat she broke was when she tried to stop the Well from crushing her palace.

though, she hasn't been hiding since she made an extremely minor appearance in Darkshore, taunting Malfurion. She's just planning something.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Could you say the same about Sargeras/ KJ?
    Sargeras and KJ simply can't just pop into Azeroth, their sheer size [Although Sargeras can change his size] and magical powers need a portal of equal power to that of a Well of Eternity empowered with even more magic than just the standard one.

Remember how KJ got flushed down in Sunwell? They couldn't keep the portal up long enough.

If they could simply pop into Azeroth we'd be dead.

I honestly still think Azshara is opening a new Well of Eternity under N'Zoth's guidance, but Sargeras or KJ has a spy on Azeroth [Med'an?] to keep track of that.

So whenever Azshara open the well for N'Zoth, and once we weaken Azshara enough, KJ will come through and wreak havoc, opening portals on Azeroth, we cannot stop him, he comes through the well immediatly and goes into hiding, first we need to deal with N'Zoth.

With N'Zoth now free to throw his corruption everywhere through the established Well and Nightmare, We have to temporarily ignore Kil'Jaeden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Sargeras and KJ simply can't just pop into Azeroth, their sheer size [Although Sargeras can change his size] and magical powers need a portal of equal power to that of a Well of Eternity empowered with even more magic than just the standard one.

Remember how KJ got flushed down in Sunwell? They couldn't keep the portal up long enough.

If they could simply pop into Azeroth we'd be dead.

I honestly still think Azshara is opening a new Well of Eternity under N'Zoth's guidance, but Sargeras or KJ has a spy on Azeroth [Med'an?] to keep track of that.

So whenever Azshara open the well for N'Zoth, and once we weaken Azshara enough, KJ will come through and wreak havoc, opening portals on Azeroth, we cannot stop him, he comes through the well immediatly and goes into hiding, first we need to deal with N'Zoth.

With N'Zoth now free to throw his corruption everywhere through the established Well and Nightmare, We have to temporarily ignore Kil'Jaeden.
    Good point, I was expecting the counter point to be "Sargeras doesn't have a body atm". KJ and Archi and both alter their sizes, also.

But my point was, why doesn't KJ try to constantly be summoned and attack Azeroth? The answer is he's probably planning something, a plan that won't fail, he is the Deceiver, after all. The same could apply to Azshara, she could be waiting for something in particular or coming up with a master plan. The villains that run in all guns blazing don't normally last long since they try to brute force everything and their arrogance takes over (Archimonde and the Wisps).

15+ Year Old Account
    Good point, I was expecting the counter point to be "Sargeras doesn't have a body atm". KJ and Archi and both alter their sizes, also.

But my point was, why doesn't KJ try to constantly be summoned and attack Azeroth? The answer is he's probably planning something, a plan that won't fail, he is the Deceiver, after all. The same could apply to Azshara, she could be waiting for something in particular or coming up with a master plan. The villains that run in all guns blazing don't normally last long since they try to brute force everything and their arrogance takes over (Archimonde and the Wisps).
    because its not easy to gather the amounts of magic needed to summon KJ - let alone Sargeras - into azertoth, they struggled to do it even with the sunwell. KJ would need to plot, scheme and corrupt for quite a while to get all the wheels turning for such a summoning - all without us hero types noticing and getting involved to stop the summoning!

Deleted

That's why I think he's going to quickly pop through the Well of Eternity after Azshara has done her part, run off [maybe to Karazhan] and prepare the legion's attack.

Hell, Maybe ol' KJ already has several demon "spies" on Azeroth, waiting for people sign him he can come, like Med'an.

The Sunwell barely hold enough power to let KJ through, the Well of Eternity would suffice easily, Azshara has the core, Azshara has Old God reinforcement, Azshara has a well fortified, well hidden location [Nazjatar].

Maybe Azshara won't play into the legion's hands at all, Maybe there's more to N'Zoth, The Black Forest, Ny'alotha, Nazjatar and Azshara then we think.

Maybe Ny'alotha is in the nightmare...

One thing that does strike me odd...

Yshaarj says Ny'alotha/Black Forest is his realm, shouldn't it be N'zoth's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The actual amount of Nozdormu's power is very strangely written. In most books where he makes an appearance, he is weak and lost in all of time. He's depicted different in Day of the Dragon, where he is simply in an endless desert collecting buildings and people from different periods of time for his "personal collection". He is said to control all time and space...yet continually gets lost in the timeways he was supposed to protect. He was also lost for most of WoW until the middle of Cataclysm. He is indeed powerful, but it's never explained well at all.
    Well it still doesn't explain alot of things for example how the old gods were able to escape prisons etc. if the leader of the Bronze dragonfligth had such a power he should've used it billions of time before and after that. Only Aman'Thul should possess time control at that level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    Well it still doesn't explain alot of things for example how the old gods were able to escape prisons etc. if the leader of the Bronze dragonfligth had such a power he should've used it billions of time before and after that. Only Aman'Thul should possess time control at that level.
    EDIT: Nevermind, my post didn't make any sense.

I think people should be more aware of Azshara's power. She could kill the entire group in WoE with a single spell, and when you beat her men she just walks away. You aren't even worth her time. In fact, Nozdormu even says
    Consider it a victory if you are simply able to occupy her attention, however temporarily.
    That's pretty big, if a victory is just to hold her attention. This is before being backed up by the old gods. Before claiming Neptulon's realm. She can easily be a final boss of some expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Yshaarj says Ny'alotha/Black Forest is his realm, shouldn't it be N'zoth's?
    Y'shaarj doesn't say its his realm. He just mentions it. The puzzle box of Yogg-saron also mentions it, that doesn't mean Nya'lotha is Yogg-saron's realm either.

That's why I think he's going to quickly pop through the Well of Eternity after Azshara has done her part, run off [maybe to Karazhan] and prepare the legion's attack.

Hell, Maybe ol' KJ already has several demon "spies" on Azeroth, waiting for people sign him he can come, like Med'an.
    Remember the letters of the Argus Wake (a faction of Burning Legion adepts in Azeroth):
    And when this is done, the next stage of our plan may begin. With a nation of our own and a base of power in this region, we may then prepare the way for the Third Host.
    Soon, the Legion Lords will reward our works by raining fire from the skies once again!
    There is a theory for this "Third Host":
    Judging from the last lines of the letter, it can be implied that the Argus Wake is one of the more powerful splinter cults of the Shadow Council, reporting directly to the higher powers of the Burning Legion. It is unknown who or what the "Third Host" is, however if the Argus Wake are servants of the Burning Legion, it is possible this note refers to a third host for Sargeras, the first two being Aegwynn and Medivh.
    /discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Azshara's 'power' may be exaggerated. All of the highborne were greatly augmented by the well of eternity, which no longer exists.

While she may be a highly skilled sorcerer, I think the bulk of her magic came directly from the well (It's kind of like saying someone's a great boxer because they put iron weights in their gloves).
    This is true, but when she heard the Old Gods whispering to her, they seemed to imply that she would become even more powerful than she ever had been before. We haven't seen or heard from her in lore since that event, and that was 10,000 years ago. There's no real way to know how powerful she is now. Considering the "gift" she received and the fact that she's had the last 10,000 years to practice her craft, she is likely far more powerful now. And she was powerful enough to "match" Kil'jaeden and Archimonde BEFORE this happened.

"There is a way...there is a way...you will become more than you ever were...more than you ever were...we can help...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well..."

^ What she heard from the Old Gods before she became Naga.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-12 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Remember the letters of the Argus Wake (a faction of Burning Legion adepts in Azeroth):

There is a theory for this "Third Host":

/discuss
    Didn't Sargeras implant a bit of his soul into Med'an before he was born?

Third Host Maybe?

Didn't Sargeras implant a bit of his soul into Med'an before he was born?
    It's a possibility, but for the love of titans...kill Med'an ASAP plis.

10+ Year Old Account
    She lives in water... the thunder king uses lighting. hmm i think she would lose very fast
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I think people should be more aware of Azshara's power. She could kill the entire group in WoE with a single spell, and when you beat her men she just walks away. You aren't even worth her time. In fact, Nozdormu even says

That's pretty big, if a victory is just to hold her attention. This is before being backed up by the old gods. Before claiming Neptulon's realm. She can easily be a final boss of some expansion.

Y'shaarj doesn't say its his realm. He just mentions it. The puzzle box of Yogg-saron also mentions it, that doesn't mean Nya'lotha is Yogg-saron's realm either.
    Ah, well, N'zoth is the supposed drowned God, He created the nightmare because N'zoth supposedly is the god who sleeps.

The Black Forest might be "A forest of dead trees" inside [the dead husk of] the old demi-god Nya'lotha. [Like Nespirah and L'ghorek]
    At the bottom of the Abyssal Breach.

Maybe the Abyssal Maw raid will be made into the first tier of the Naga expansion, rendering us able to get near Nya'Lotha and the nagas.

The Abyssal Breach definitely has a link to N'zoth and Azshara since there's faceless ones and naga bulking about.

EDIT: I'm 100% sure we'll need to go through the Abyssal Breach, into the Elemental Plane of water, Azshara is definitely hiding there since she has Neptulon's Trident, and the fact that Neptulon got kidnapped by Ozumat.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-12 at 02:21 PM.

Speaking about a mage character like Azshara, I think there's noone who understand magic as well as Illidan in Azeroth. The guy could see through all forms of magic to its truest form. He is a perfect mage killer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Speaking about a mage character like Azshara, I think there's noone who understand magic as well as Illidan in Azeroth. The guy could see through all forms of magic to its truest form. He is a perfect mage killer.
    Yeah, then imagine that Azshara was like a radiant moon of magic.

Now she's stronger, most likely, fucking a.

Always cracks me up when people put any of the Azerothian villains (i.e. Azhsara, LK, etc.) above KJ/Archimonde in power. I think people don't sometimes grasp how much stronger the latter two are than anything we've faced with the exception of the Old Gods. It literally took Nature itself to kill Archimonde, and Nature pretty much went Kamikaze to the max and detonated a nuclear explosion. Both Archi/KJ require so much power being channeled into a ritual to even be manifested on Azeroth that it generally requires wells of power akin to the Well of Eternity/Sunwell for such a feat to be attempted. Archimonde snapped Malorne's neck like he was a toy - MALORNE's neck, the most powerful of Azeroth's natural guardians - not to mention he destroyed Dalaran (the most powerful magic city in all of Azeroth) by building a sand castle and trampling on it, and his magic is considered to be second to KJ's. Illidan was so afraid of KJ that he literally fled to Outland and sealed all the portals, while he would try to make an army of fel orcs a la Bloodboil style for war in the inevitable reunion.

Don't get me wrong. All the big baddies we've fought so far have been powerful in their own right, and Azshara is probably the single most powerful of all Azerothian born baddies. But, none of them really compare to a fully manifested Archimonde or Kil'jaedan.

This post obviously does not take into account Old Gods or Titans. They are on a different tier, altogether.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Not even close, even pre-Mists Jaina was more powerful.