Deleted

Ranged dps > Melee dps in ToT?

So I was looking for a ToT pug this evening and i saw 4 people recruiting dpsers for their group, however! None of them wanted a melee dps. I have encountered this more and more recently and i started thinking "Is ranged dps really that superior to melee dps in tot?"

I decided i would compare melee to ranged on all 12 normal bosses for a 10 man group in tot.

Jin'Rokh: a melee dps is Inferior to ranged because we have to follow the boss until he is beside the pool, whereas ranged can safely stand close to the throw spot and just pop into the pool.

Horridon: Melee has it harder in general because of sand-traps, living poison, frozen orb, and lightning nova totem. Ranged can calmly stand at a safe distance and pew-pew away while melee has to zick-zack between void zones.

Council: This fight is easier as a melee in my opinion. Dont have to worry about running from shadowed loa spirits, also we can ignore the frostbite/biting cold debuff for the most part.

Tortos: Ranged wins by far on this fight, can dps turtles without getting knocked into the air, can dps bats just as well as a melee could, and the tank gets more space after the stomp when it's raining stone like crazy.

Megaera: This fight goes to melee. wont have to deal with as many cinders, green void zone is rarely seen in melee from my own experience. Havent killed the frost head in any raid so i cant comment on that one.

Ji-kun: this one is pretty close but i would give it to melee's. Easier to dps during the downdraft (if you have a movement speed increase that is) I know alot of ranged classes has gained "on the move" abilities but as a warrior i can utilize my full rotation when stampeding is up. Ranged/melee doesnt really matter in the nests.

Durumu: Melee definetly. Can run and dps in the maze and when targeted by the red beam. I can imagine being a ranged dps with red beam would be a real pain in the ass.

Primordius: This one is kind of equal. With the exception of "Gas Bladder" as a ranged you constantly have to move into it, where a melee just follows him around at all times.

Dark animus: I would say a bit easier for ranged. Since they can dps the majority of adds while standing still and tanking their add. As a melee im locked down to my own add until it is dead. This is very depending on what tactics you decide to use aswell.

Iron Qon: Well from a melee standpoint this guy is really easy. With the exception of Dam'Ren, it rarely happens but he can be quite tricky to dps depending on how the spear lines are placed. I have not done this boss as a ranged class but i'd say in general it's harder as a melee.

Twin consorts: This one is pretty equal, where as ranged have to stay spread, melee has to run around alot so i wont give either melee/ranged a pro on this one.

Lei-shen: Alot of movement for both parts, last phase is easier as a melee during harsh winds. So i'd say Lei-Shen is easier as a melee.

So this was just a quick rundown of my opinions on all the tot normal bosses.
    I find most of these bosses to be easier as a melee, so am i missing out on something crucial here?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don´t know what their group consists of. Mostly a nice balance of melees and ranged DPS suits the raid best. Perhaps they already had two Melees and would have prefered another ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

They may have already had 1 or 2 melee. No reason to have more than that.
    also that cropping lol

Deleted
    First time paint user, no flame

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't need to make multiple threads of this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lee-dps-in-ToT