Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow Racial Profileing: What would you do?

((First I'm not sure how to post videos on this site, so can someone help me with that.))

I just watched this video on a facebook feed and was wondering what the MMO champions opinion on this was. Is there some sort of predisposition for racially profiling someone of a different race then you? Or was it just that they were stealing a bike?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or incite any kind of racial hate, just wondering why stuff like this happens. Would you have stopped all of them, or just walked away?

(Sorry if my post is a little hard to read my grammar and spelling isn't to good.)

((Also if this video has already been posted can you direct me to the topic its in))
    Last edited by Eriaku; 2013-07-13 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny how that happens isn't it

Deleted
    Some races are more inclined - statistically speaking, to commit crime.

Do i look at every person of a differing skin tone as a criminal in guise? No.

I'd treat them on there merits, however - for shady activity like sawing a bike chain, you bet i'd ask the person what the fuck is up - bike theft is a big problem in Cambridge, so i'd needle anyone i think was doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was posted on here about a month ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You'll find that it's more people within certain socioeconomic statuses, and the fact that certain races have larger percentages within them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Hmm, more inclined you say..or are they possibly more inclined to be accused/charged/prosecuted? I mean, even this anecdotal video shows people simply letting two of the people do what they wanna do, while suddenly the third is almost instantly set upon.

Crime is economic not racial in origin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well I mean race isn't a biologically valid concept when applied to people, so...
    Race is a biological concept. It is not a social construct.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You'll find that it's more people within certain socioeconomic statuses, and the fact that certain races have larger percentages within them.
    You mean like in Finland where iraqis make up 0.1% of the population yet stand for 5% of the reported rapes or in Sweden, where immigrants(European immigrants are on pretty much the same level as Swedes, it's mostly african & middle eastern immigrants that cause the overrepresentation for immigrants as a group, if you look to specific countries you can figure out just how overrepresented those groups are from certain countries) as a whole make up for almost 50% of reported rapes(If not more?) despite them being a minority?
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-13 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post

You mean like in Finland where iraqis make up 0.1% of the population yet stand for 5% of the reported rapes or in Sweden, where immigrants(European immigrants are on pretty much the same level as Swedes, it's mostly african & middle eastern immigrants that cause the overrepresentation for immigrants as a group, if you look to specific countries you can figure out just how overrepresented those groups are from certain countries) as a whole make up for almost 50% of reported rapes(If not more?) despite them being a minority?
    I feel like every thread I see you post in you're talking about brown/black people raping people. Give it a damn rest, we get it, theres foreign invaders in your country who are raping everyone..just try and find yourself a new white utopia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I feel like every thread I see you post in you're talking about brown/black people raping people. Give it a damn rest, we get it, theres foreign invaders in your country who are raping everyone..just try and find yourself a new white utopia.
    I'm correcting people. There is no economical explanation for their overrepresentation in Sweden and I very much doubt there is a economical explanation for it in other european countries aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    It is argued that race has no biological or genetic basis:[16][17][18][19] gross morphological features which traditionally have been defined as races (e.g. skin color) are determined by non-significant and superficial genetic alleles with no demonstrated link to any characteristics, such as intelligence, talent, athletic ability, etc. Race has been socially and legally constructed despite the lack of any scientific evidence for dividing humanity into racial baskets with any generalized genetic meaning.[20][21][22][23]
    When people define and talk about a particular conception of race, they create a social reality through which social categorization is achieved.[24] In this sense, races are said to be social constructs.[25] These constructs develop within various legal, economic, and sociopolitical contexts, and may be the effect, rather than the cause, of major social situations.[26] While race is understood to be a social construct by many, most scholars agree that race has real material effects in the lives of people through institutionalized practices of preference and discrimination.
    Socioeconomic factors, in combination with early but enduring views of race, have led to considerable suffering within disadvantaged racial groups.[27] Racial discrimination often coincides with racist mindsets, whereby the individuals and ideologies of one group come to perceive the members of an outgroup as both racially defined and morally inferior.[28] As a result, racial groups possessing relatively little power often find themselves excluded or oppressed, while hegemonic individuals and institutions are charged with holding racist attitudes.[29] Racism has led to many instances of tragedy, including slavery and genocide.[30]
    In some countries law enforcement uses race to profile suspects. This use of racial categories is frequently criticized for perpetuating an outmoded understanding of human biological variation, and promoting stereotypes. Because in some societies racial groupings correspond closely with patterns of social stratification, for social scientists studying social inequality, race can be a significant variable. As sociological factors, racial categories may in part reflect subjective attributions, self-identities, and social institutions.[31][32]
    Scholars continue to debate the degrees to which racial categories are biologically warranted and socially constructed, as well as the extent to which the realities of race must be acknowledged in order for society to comprehend and address racism adequately.[33] Accordingly, the racial paradigms employed in different disciplines vary in their emphasis on biological reduction as contrasted with societal construction.
    In the social sciences theoretical frameworks such as Racial formation theory and Critical race theory investigate implications of race as social construction by exploring how the images, ideas and assumptions of race are expressed in everyday life. A large body of scholarship has traced the relationships between the historical, social production of race in legal and criminal language and their effects on the policing and disproportionate incarceration of certain groups.
    From Wikiafuckapedia. Although there is a pretty general consensus that race is a social construct.

I really admire you Tiili. You are a rabid fascist, misandryst AND racist.

You must live in an amazing world of your own. Would like to see a documentary about it one day.

Crime is driven and will always be driven by socio economic factors. Lack of integration, inclusion etc. usually lead to marginalized groups of people who are more prone to commit crime. It's not because they where born of a certain skin tone.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-07-13 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hay now let's try to keep this thread civil. Rape is never a thing to be taken lightly regardless who it happens to or where.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

You must live in an amazing world of your own. Would like to see a documentary about it one day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHD5...tu.be&t=23m21s

Crime is driven and will always be driven by socio economic factors. Lack of integration, inclusion etc. usually lead to marginalized groups of people who are more prone to commit crime. It's not because they where born of a certain skin tone.
    Explain the difference in IQ between black people, white people and asians. Or school results.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-13 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm, more inclined you say..or are they possibly more inclined to be accused/charged/prosecuted? I mean, even this anecdotal video shows people simply letting two of the people do what they wanna do, while suddenly the third is almost instantly set upon.
    I entirely agree with you, but from an unbiased viewpoint - certain races are more crime ridden, like colored youths in London - they're leading in knifing attacks and pretty much every avenue of violent assault, and there standard of life is quite high.

Of course it's an inner city suburb, but i understand how socioeconomic factors come into play and lifestyles/ upbringings.

-

What you're suggesting though in the video, is that the first few people - because of there skin color (and gender?), were left alone - but enter a young black man, they are instantly treated with suspicion.

(Let's try to liken this, to another example)

It's akin to a black man walking into a gated white community and instantly they will become more alert and suspicious, or a white man entering a *ghetto* as they call them in London, or more simply hoods.

There's a stereotype, all black men commit crimes - they're looking to steal bikes, yadda yadda.

Pretending stereo-typing and racial prejudice exists on one side however is fairly naive, in my opinion. But it doesn't make it right, that and they're living up to the standard most people expect them too.

(The highest levels of incarceration of any other race in the prison system, the perpetuation of black on white violent assault ect)

But also, they're the most persecuted race - and until not too long ago, being a black man in the justice system was akin to being prejudged guilty...

I'm not even sure where i'm going with this...

Deleted
    Yeah, race doesn't exist, if there's black albino, he does look exactly like white. Wait...
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/408416/

From Wikiafuckapedia. Although there is a pretty general consensus that race is a social construct.

Wikipedia is a bad source, Wikiafuckapedia isn't even a source, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Meh, I guess that depends on the country.

Deleted
    Perhaps i didn't make it that clear, but i was trying to liken a city - to a gated community (Which is pretty common in London)

And explain the stereotypes, and how they transfer...

I'm terrible at that!

This thread derailed quickly.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance