Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Pet battle integration into the game is starting to piss me off

    I PVP BGs

    I PVP world

    I PVE quests

    I PVE dungeons

    I PVE raids

    I do as many types of content required to access all sources of resources in a patch and progress.

    I do NOT however want to start feeling as if I'm missing out on content or a source of resources income because I'm not playing Warcraft-pokemon.

    I understand that blizzard wanted to show everyone that they're not afraid of making a world of pandas and pokemon in Warcraft and that they don't care about what makes some people mad or offended, but now it's here, you've made your point, you don't to shove this shit down our throats.

    This battle pets nonsense gets more improvements each patch that all classes put together and it's integrated far enough as it needs to be at the moment in game, don't actually force us to do this completely unrelated Warcraft crap to access all means of resources in a new patch.

  2. #2
    what are you missing ?

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,651
    It's kind of funny, a lot of people actually like it. You are not forced to do that pet battle stuff.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what are you missing ?
    He's missing out a 4 pets that will require you to do pet battles in 5.4 to be able to buy them.

  5. #5
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I PVP BGs

    I PVP world

    I PVE quests

    I PVE dungeons

    I PVE raids

    I do as many types of content required to access all sources of resources in a patch and progress.

    I do NOT however want to start feeling as if I'm missing out on content or a source of resources income because I'm not playing Warcraft-pokemon.

    I understand that blizzard wanted to show everyone that they're not afraid of making a world of pandas and pokemon in Warcraft and that they don't care about what makes some people mad or offended, but now it's here, you've made your point, you don't to shove this shit down our throats.

    This battle pets nonsense gets more improvements each patch that all classes put together and it's integrated far enough as it needs to be at the moment in game, don't actually force us to do this completely unrelated Warcraft crap to access all means of resources in a new patch.
    ... Why does a pandaren and pet battles offend you?
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448
    Get over it
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    He's missing out a 4 pets that will require you to do pet battles in 5.4 to be able to buy them.
    What is he really missing out on though?

    Plenty of people don't get Heroic gear because they don't do Heroic raids. You have to do something to get something.

    Crazy concept I know... We should just tax the people who work hard for their rare pets and gear so that people who do nothing can have them too... Novel idea!

  8. #8
    Perhaps if you want such access to everything, then you have to do something less appealing ?
    Not every route to a given goal is going to be attractive or desirable, but you choose to do them regardless.
    Do not highlight just one that YOU do not like.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,758
    So instead of whining, you could just go pick up some pets and do it.

    It's not hard nor boring. Maybe YOU'RE the boring one OP.

  10. #10
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.

  11. #11
    Guess what? I don't do arenas. I don't really see a point in them. I PVP quite a bit. See what I did there?

  12. #12
    Care to explain what it is you're missing out on, and why it makes you so upset? I feel like I'm missing something here because throwing around the words "Pandas" and "Pokemon" doesn't actually make a valid argument.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.
    Progression through what? I think you need a nap.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.
    And someone else could equally pick fault with another type of content.
    And how is the format of the quest you describe having any more context ?
    It is not, whining for the sake of whining.
    Simple as that.

  15. #15
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,099
    I totally agree and hate pet battles but thats just me. What I think he's trying to point out is that blizz spends time to make content for pet battles rather than pve/pvp things but in which way are you missing out on content due to "pet battles"? they're not tiers to say that you didn't clear it during its time nor it is pvp to say you didnt top ranks during that season. It's just something optional to do and you are not forced to.

  16. #16
    I have the same opinion on the pokemon mini-game as you OP, but I don't get the hate. I have a shit-ton of achievements in PVP, raids/dungeons, even professions, but pet battles don't suit me. I have a high collector achievement just because I've hoarded a lot from playing so long.

    I don't feel that the existence of pet battles impacts how I play the game at all. That whole achievement tab is pretty blank for me.

    IMO it sounds like you're a completionist and the existence of pet battles fucks with your OCD. That's a problem with you, not the feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for. I thought this was supposed to give a purpose to collecting mini pets, now it has a purpose, for fuck's sake don't make me actually do this boring pointless and completely out-of-context shit - I'd rather do more fetch 10 donkey livers daily quests than do this.
    What greater progression? You get epics from pet battles now?
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Gotai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Zaltbommel - Netherlands
    Posts
    1,382
    I don't do BG's or Arena's but you don't see me make whine threads about how they shove PVP through our throats for PVE progression or whine about the time they spend changing spells/abilities because of PVP or on arena's / BG's.

    To make it shorter: Get over yourself or let yourself out! You do know where to find the unsub button no?!

  19. #19
    You are a loser man.... i love playing warcraftmon. Its actually ridiculously fun after you get past the initial leveling.

  20. #20
    When pet battles were first announced, I hated the idea. I've never played Pokemon and always thought the concept was stupid

    Then I did a couple of them. 490 unique pets later I still hate pet battles. Not because they are dumb, but because I need to get a rare quality on them all. Damn Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling took me days, if not weeks to get rare qualities on.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •