Deleted

deep wounds scaling

how does deep wounds scale? does it scale with AP? if it refreshes itself, is it rolling like ignite, does it add like Pandemic or does it just refresh after the next tick like most other dots?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being of not much help, but may I ask why that´s important? Since it´s applied by an ability which should be kept on cd it´s not like you have much options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Sorry for being of not much help, but may I ask why that´s important? Since it´s applied by an ability which should be kept on cd it´s not like you have much options.
    good example of some of the historical depth that's been taken away from the warrior class.

on topic: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115767

Your Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, and Devastate cause the target to bleed for 1090 [+ 120% of Attack Power] Physical damage over 15 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    good example of some of the historical depth that's been taken away from the warrior class.
    If you were talking about rend, it was refreshed via Mortal Strike, not really sure how that is any different or gives more "depth"

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    If you were talking about rend, it was refreshed via Mortal Strike, not really sure how that is any different or gives more "depth"
    Well, Rend was refreshed by MS for two raiding tiers in one expansion. Prior to that rend had to be kept up manually.

Truth is tho that most of this "historical depth" that was removed were abilities/class mechanics that weren't particularly well designed. The stand out has to be Slam, and how it was in BC - a large part of playing Arms well (someone needed to play Arms in a well organized raid group, as Arms brought Blood Frenzy, which wasn't given to Ferals and Rogues until Wrath IIRC) was timing Slam against your swing timer, as Slam reset the swing timer in TBC (it was changed to pause the swing timer and have a 0.5 second cast when talented in Wrath, and then that nonsense was finally removed in MoP). It was a really annoying, finicky spec mechanic and could be made even worse by any sort of latency issue.

That's warrior historical depth, along with things needing macros to use shield abilities as DPS. Some people might be nostalgic for that kind of stuff, but it all basically stems from the inelegance of Warrior class mechanics/abilities. I'm glad they've moved away from stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaynorth View Post
    Well, Rend was refreshed by MS for two raiding tiers in one expansion. Prior to that rend had to be kept up manually.

Truth is tho that most of this "historical depth" that was removed were abilities/class mechanics that weren't particularly well designed. The stand out has to be Slam, and how it was in BC - a large part of playing Arms well (someone needed to play Arms in a well organized raid group, as Arms brought Blood Frenzy, which wasn't given to Ferals and Rogues until Wrath IIRC) was timing Slam against your swing timer, as Slam reset the swing timer in TBC (it was changed to pause the swing timer and have a 0.5 second cast when talented in Wrath, and then that nonsense was finally removed in MoP). It was a really annoying, finicky spec mechanic and could be made even worse by any sort of latency issue.

That's warrior historical depth, along with things needing macros to use shield abilities as DPS. Some people might be nostalgic for that kind of stuff, but it all basically stems from the inelegance of Warrior class mechanics/abilities. I'm glad they've moved away from stuff like that.
    I actually liked Arms best between 4.0 and 4.1, because rend could only be refreshed with thunderclap (glyphed with reduced rage cost for minor dps up), or usually being reapplied after it drops with rend again. After the changes to MS reapplying automatically, it really took some niche out from the spec, like the benefit of timing/delaying for double overpowers. Also I loved using Deadly Calm and Recklessness for awesome burst on tier 11, before it was shut down due to PvP. After that you needed to start with Deadly calm and burn all the rage with recklessness using inner rage to cut your HS cd to 1.5s (what we have as standard for now).

I just had a blast with PvE due the spec on that time, while it wasn't "that bad" to play either on the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-07-16 at 05:28 PM.

Its damage per tick is 218.1 + .24*AP. It doesn't benefit from Seasoned Soldier or SMF's 35% damage bonus, but it does benefit from most other damage mods, like Enrage. It has a chance to crit equal to your melee crit chance. So, it scales with AP, Crit, and Mastery. It can proc RPPM effects(like most everything can). It doesn't have any weird rolling or stacking mechanics. If you're keeping it refreshed, it will just tick every 3s, with its damage based on your stats at the time you last refreshed it.