Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Ji-kun 10

Tonight's our first night on him, It seems pretty straight forward just involves 2 groups instead of one.

Raid comp

Blood DK
    Prot Pally

Dps DK
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Spriest
    Ele Sham

Mw Monk
    Holy Paladin

Nest set up
    1= Group 1 Tank 1
    2= Group 2 Tank 2
    3= Group 1
    4= Group 1 Tank 1
    5= Group 1
    6= Group 1
    7= Group 1
    8= Group 2 Tank 2
    9= Group 1
    10= Group 2
    11= Group 1
    12= Group 1 Tank 2
    13= 4 dps

My question is do we have to do 13 nests? I've read a lot and seen 8 nests then lust and nuke. Which is what I kind of want to lean towards. We are also unfortunately 3 healing due to our resto shaman being absent. We 2 healed Ji'rokh the other night for the first time and it seemed easier skipping a whole extra storm phase. My question is can we get away with 2 heals?

Heres some logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...5tq/dashboard/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9vqs92wn16p17ite/

10+ Year Old Account
    group 1 goes 1-3-5-6-7-9-11-12. group 2 goes 2-4-8-10.
    don't really remember the tanks
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

really? cause I thought if group 1 does 3rd nest they gain 4 feathers from the new feather + feather they had left

1) When you are progressing on this I don't think you have enough dps to zerg if you 3 heal. If you 2 healed Jin'rokh you can 2 heal Ji-Kun with no problem.

2) Group setting I believe Arian21 gives the right answer, and about tanks, only one tank is needed for nests. I would recommend your dk tank go 2,4,8 since he can take care of himself, pally stay on Ji-kun.

3) Nest group went with tank doesn't need a healer. You can have your hybrid dps (ele shaman) go with them, who provides healing and good aoe.

4) Our first kill we zerg after 9th nest. Should be enough.

Hope that helps.

Deleted
    We did 6 and nuke for our first kill

First of all 2 heal it, neither task is hard with decent healers only problem comes if people are at opposite end of platform to your healer

We did it like this:

Nest 1: Team 1+tank 1
    (tank taunts after 1 stack)
    Nest 2: Team 2+tank 2
    Nest 3: Team 1
    (tank taunts on 3 stacks, easy with a blood DK as he can hover over downdraft and absorb the full attack)
    Nest 4: Team 1+ Tank 1
    Nest 5: Team 1
    Nest 6: Team 1

Team 2 goes down purely for feather for dps
    Tanks taunt after 2 stack each after the 4th nest
    Bl and Nuke, make sure tanks and immune classes clear pools as much as possible

all sorted

You should 2 heal it if you can. It lets you reach the burn phase earlier. The only tough part about 2 healing is quills. sort out cooldowns for that and you're golden.

Grp 1 goes odd nests
    Grp 2 goes even. Nests 2/4/8 need a tank. Tank can ignore nest 6.

People say burn after 8 but we took 9 on progress and burned after that for 2 reasons:
    1) Fresh feathers for people to pick up dps buffs with
    2) A couple less birds shitting on the raid in the burn phase gives you more time to burn.

Finally, quality of life tips:
    1)The tank that is flying to the nests should pull, take 1 stack and then the tank staying on the platform should taunt. If you execute properly from here you will swop at 2 stacks of talon rake every time.
    2) Maximising the feed the young buff is important to boost dps. Make sure people learn how to do it.

I'll now hand over to the next posts where people in BiS HC gear brag about how few nests they kill before the burn phase!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did 12 Nests for our first kill and played it really smooth. Tanks going down/up Nests 2,4,8,12. The tank who has to take nest 2 starts tanking. Taunt at ONE stack, the tank immediatly jumps down. As soon as he is on the platform again, he can taunt. For nest 4 he needs to tell the other guys assigned for nest 4 that he is ready to go up (i.e. has 2 stacks and the other tank taunted). Tank 8 and 12 are the same. Since the rake is timed very precisely, it will always be possible to taunt at 2 stacks as long as the first taunt was after one stack.

We usually assigne 2 groups consisting of 2 DDs and 1 Healer + Tank if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

I'll now hand over to the next posts where people in BiS HC gear brag about how few nests they kill before the burn phase!
    DID IT AFTER 4 LAST NIGHT! (not quite BiS though...)

Seriously though, for the longest time we waited until after two rounds of upper nests (so 12 I think?), and that worked perfectly fine for us, and is probably safer if your gear isn't 535+ (which, if you're working on Ji-Kun, it probably isn't).

EDIT: And that's 12 with 3 healers, by the way.
    Last edited by HonneurVilified; 2013-07-17 at 09:50 PM.

well we went with 9 nests and got our best attempt with 5% with one tank dead and a dps down going into nuke phase..... Then our dps dk internet went down due to comcast doing maintenance in the area.... I smell a kill tom tho

We did it tonight with 3 healers and zerged after 9th nest(sent only blood dk up). Our 2nd heroic.

now when you mean only blood dk up? like legit only him up? for the gaurdian and eggs? or send him up after 9th nest to just kill gaurdians

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/EVQiIBA

This is the tactic we used . Kinda low dps for us on the platform . Used hero and stayed there for last 20%, which was around 12th base for us .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

ya thats our last resort strat if we really have to go that far. But I feel like our dps is good to do 9. I mean 5% with a prot pally and ele shaman dead. Is a huge dps loss

I personally would not 2 heal it when you start the fight. Maybe if your are really good at positioning and communication. Tank damage can get very spiky on this bossfight. 3 Heal is easily doable + spreading out all over the platform is a lot easier. I would recommend to do platforms as long as you are above 30%. This depends on your DPS. On our first kill we've done 9 platforms till we hit 30%.

yeah, so we sent a group to the first 8, then skipped 9 and 10 (the ones at the same time) and sent a blood DK up to just kill the nest guardian on nest 11 and drop back down. Any tank that can do solid self heals would be able to handle that though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I personally would not 2 heal it when you start the fight. Maybe if your are really good at positioning and communication. Tank damage can get very spiky on this bossfight. 3 Heal is easily doable + spreading out all over the platform is a lot easier. I would recommend to do platforms as long as you are above 30%. This depends on your DPS. On our first kill we've done 9 platforms till we hit 30%.
    I'm usually pro maximum healers but on this fight being able to nuke from 8th-9th nest does a huge difference.
    only time tank damage is spiky/high is from high infected talon stacks in combination with no mitigation on talon rake.

Either tauntswitch infected talons or learn to reset stacks

we did the following.

nest 1 - 3dps/1 healer
    nest 2 - 1 tank and 2 dps
    nest 3 - 4 dps
    nest 4 - tank and 2 dps
    nest 5 - 3 dps
    nest 6 - 3 dps
    nest 7 - 4 dps
    nest 8 - 1 tank and 2 dps

from this point we nuke. you dont need any nest from this point. dont go kill a nest guardian @ nest 10 or whatever just stay on the boss and intercept the feed youngs.

also good to know is that after u went down to a nest its best to not fly up straight away.
    wait untill the feed young timer = @ 3 seconds left and then fly up. this way u can intercept the feed young with the same feather to get up.
    for nest 5 its best for the 3 dps to just wait untill the boss casts feed young and intercept it on the way to nest 5.
    at nest 6 the 3 same dps from nest 5 will have to clear this quickly and get back down to the platform before quills starts. this is very doable.
    also make sure that on nest 2-4 you use tank/dps with good def CD's/self heals to soak a quills. warlocks, rogues and monks are pretty good for this.
    Last edited by Nephenthos; 2013-07-18 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    2) Maximising the feed the young buff is important to boost dps. Make sure people learn how to do it.
    You mention "learn how to do it" but don't say what exactly that is. Is there something special about it like a way to make it stack or do you simply mean "remember to blow CDs when you have the buff and get it as often as feathers allow"?.

I'd be interested to know if our raid is missing an important trick

Deleted
    Hey guys we want to start H Ji-Kun this evening and I have a few question:

1) Big adds are on which platforms? Icy vens says 2,4,8,10 (double activation of lower and upper nest not sure where big one is),12 however when I was watching videos on youtube no tanks go on 6th and 10th platform (all videos were first kills and the were not using zerg tactic).

2) Group setup - we have
    Tanks:
    DK tank
    Pally Tank

Healers:
    Resto drood
    2x Resto shammy

DPS:
    Affi lock
    Fire mage
    WW monk
    Surv hunt
    Shadow priest / feral druid (priest is working on shifts ho hes not on every raid)

on normal me and hunter were on nests (one shammy as healer) because others got problems with nests (even that nest is quite good marked they still messing up where to fly etc.) so we took all nests except 2nd and 8th (other DPS went for feathers for buff). We don't have problems with those adds all adds died really quick.

question is - can we manage nests as 2 DPS + healer (same as on normal)? I read that if we jump off platform to save feather we could do it as before.
    E.g. - G1 (me hunter and shammy) do 1 (use feather to get feed young buff) 3 (fell down to save feather) 4 (with tank1) 5 6 7 (use feather to get feed young buff) 9 11 12 (with tank1) nests
    G2 do 2 (with tank1), 8 (with tank1) and 10 (not sure if there is add or not).
    or this is clearly wrong?

Thanks a lot for any advice :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    With you setup I would go.

g1 - lock, mage, priest
    g2 - hunta, monk, resto drood

Nest 1 - grp1+tank1. Once your first tank is back, have him/her taunt the boss once 8 sec or so is left on the second nest spawn. After that your second tank goes down, after him DPS/healer
    Nest 2 - grp2 + tank2, once you're tank gets up, he should use his feather to combat the downdraft and take the aggro of boss. Make sure that a) no DPS are closer after the downdraft then your tank(s) and b) the tank with Talon Rake debuff is farther then the tank w/o that debuff. That way no one gets oneshot by accident.
    Nest 3 - grp1
    Nest 4 - grp2+tank2. Have your tank wait for Quills to end, then he should jump down (there is just the right point to jump down which makes you land on top of the edge of middle platform. If s/he misses the jump, pop feather to get back up. If s/he has a feather, he should tank the boss (your tank2 on Ji-kun will probably get 3 stacks of Talon Rake (make sure s/he has a CD for it)) and roughly few sec. left before the Feed Young is off CD, s/he should go and hower on top of bosses head to catch the feed for extra buff.
    Nest 5, 6, 7 -grp1
    Nest 8 - grp2+tank2
    Nest 9 - grp1
    Come to platform, (if ofc you have the boss below 55% (that is roughly the marker it seems doable to nuke down). Wait for people to catch feed young (as most should have feather to utilize, but 2 healer and 1 tank), pop BL (doesn't matter id downdraft is up or not) and burn it down.

Now for why I chose grp1 w/o a healer. Quills happen only during paired nests (2, 4 ,6, 8, 10...) I know that your grp1 is w/o a healer on nest6, but they have to be fast enough to get down to main platform before Quills, or have the priest off-heal if needed. You should time flying up from the platforms and to 4th platform with Feed Young. That way your raiders can get a nice buff. If any of the Juveniles are up, have someone with wings chase them down (if they are too far and kill them), cause w/o that high DPS and very good healing you cannot have too many up. Else they wipe the raid.

One thing to note is - keep the "longest places" on main platform clean of pools. You don't want people sliding or standing in those. Keep moving when Caw is off CD, so you wouldn't get hit. On top of that, don't eat the pools if you are DPS/healer if those are on the ground. As a tank 1-2 won't hurt that much, but make sure you are at decent HP and possible have a CD up for it.
    At certain points your tanks will get 3rd Talon Rake. For each talon rake your tanks should be topped up. Second talon rake takes a medium def. CD and 3rd one something larger. If you run with high Infected Talon stacks and take a 2nd or even 1st (if you have loads of Infected Talon stacks), then your tanks can be oneshot.