Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't feel bad for them at all.

Being gay isn't a choice.
    Dressing up like the opposite gender when you KNOW that it's looked down upon and that you're going to be harassed for it is a choice.
    You clearly don't understand what being transgendered means, and I really don't want to get into it with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    When I said cute, I essentially meant attractive (in a non-physical way). I'm not attracted to drag queens now and I probably never will be. Will you please stop misconstruing almost everything I'm saying?
    This discussion wasn't centered on your sexual preferences. Furthermore, people change. You are very young. You have no idea what the future holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    No, but you giving a cursory acquiescence to a phenomenon that has existed since time in memoriam does not jibe well with the rest of your post. "They're fine to be who they are, I just don't like them" is some ignorant stuff.
    Oh. My. God. Will you stop putting words in my mouth? I specifically said I have no issues with them, I even said I like them. My issues are with the stereotypes.

- - - Updated - - -

Dressing up like the opposite gender when you KNOW that it's looked down upon and that you're going to be harassed for it is a choice.
    And it never occurred to you that they do it because that's part of their identity? If it was a choice, they wouldn't do it exactly because they know what kind of harrassment awaits them for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh. My. God. Will you stop putting words in my mouth? I specifically said I have no issues with them, I even said I like them. My issues are with the stereotypes.

- - - Updated - - -

And it never occurred to you that they do it because that's part of their identity? If it was a choice, they wouldn't do it exactly because they know what kind of harrassment awaits them for it.
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. I am working with exactly what you are stating. If you have a problem with that, you might want to consider your words more before posting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    If someone stereotypes you they probably aren't worth caring over anyway.
    The proper thing to do is to show them that the stereotypes aren't true, which is what I've done with my friends. They had their stereotypes prior to knowing I was gay, but that's only natural until a friend comes out to you.

Deleted

Even though I consider crossdressers to be annoying and ugly, what you said doesn't make any sense. Behind harassed is in no a way choice. The limpdicks choose to harass people who crossdress, is more like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's part of their identity? If it was a choice, they wouldn't do it exactly because they know what kind of harrassment awaits them for it.
    Just let it go Wilkiy, you don't wan't this thread to become about Transgendered people, they always end horribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This discussion wasn't centered on your sexual preferences.
    No, but I did mention that I find flamboyant gays cute as proof that I'm not annoyed by them. If I were, it would be a bit contradictory.

Furthermore, people change. You are very young. You have no idea what the future holds.
    Well, I sincerely doubt I'm going to turn bisexual or straight. It's possible, but I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just let it go Wilkiy, you don't wan't this thread to become about Transgendered people, they always end horribly.
    It's Wikiy. Why do people always get dyslexic when it comes to my name? xD

Anyways, this is the first discussion I've seen so far about transgender people.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-08-01 at 01:35 AM.

Transexual is more than just dressing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Wikiy. Why do people always get dyslexic when it comes to my name? xD

Anyways, this is the first discussion I've seen so far about transgender people.
    Whoa that is so weird. I could have sworn I saw an l in there. Anyways, I've seen a few Transgendered threads on these forums. They are bloody awful, I think like three people started accusing Wells of being transgendered because he was defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Even though I consider crossdressers to be annoying and ugly, what you said doesn't make any sense. Behind harassed is in no a way choice. The limpdicks choose to harass people who crossdress, is more like it.
    You clearly don't understand what being transgendered means, and I really don't want to get into it with you.
    Wearing clothes that scream "I am a guy dressing like a woman" is a choice and has absolutely nothing to do with identity.
    If you're arguing that dressing up like a woman is a part of a TG person's identity, you're saying that dressing feminine is part of every woman's identity.

Do women only wear dresses, skirts and tank tops with heels? No.
    There are plenty of women who dress the exact same as guys, in jeans and shorts and t-shirts with sneakers, in business suits and dozens of other clothes.
    That a person "needs" to dress feminine to accept their identifying with the female gender is ignorant and just says that they have an incredibly superficial view of what being female means.

Thus, while I don't care what TG/CDs wear or don't wear, I have no sympathy for them wearing something they know will get them harassed and then being harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Transexual is more than just dressing up.
    Exactly.
    Clothes are the most shallow part of a person's identity.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-01 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The problem isnt when they do it in their own bed. Its when they do it in public. Id rather look at a dead body than see 2 men or women kissing
    So you have necrophiliac tendencies but you're disgusted by homosexuals? Oh my, aren't you weird

Wearing clothes that scream "I am a guy dressing like a woman" is a choice and has absolutely nothing to do with identity.
    If you're arguing that dressing up like a woman is a part of a TG person's identity, you're saying that dressing feminine is part of every woman's identity.

Do women only wear dresses, skirts and tank tops with heels? No.
    There are plenty of women who dress the exact same as guys, in jeans and shorts and t-shirts with sneakers, in business suits and dozens of other clothes.
    That a person "needs" to dress feminine to accept their identifying with the female gender is ignorant and just says that they have an incredibly superficial view of what being female means.

Thus, while I don't care what TG/CDs wear or don't wear, I have no sympathy for them wearing something they know will get them harassed and then being harassed.

Exactly.
    Clothes are the most shallow part of a person's identity.
    How can you have no sympathy for a transgendered person who wants to dress as their gender but will face heavy pressure if they do so?

If there were less stigma around it and I didn't care about getting looks I would wear skirts and dresses . Something free flowing, because summer is fuckin horrible.

How can you have no sympathy for a transgendered person who wants to dress as their gender but will face heavy pressure if they do so?

If there were less stigma around it and I didn't care about getting looks I would wear skirts and dresses . Something free flowing, because summer is fuckin horrible.
    Because of this part.

To give an example, it's sort of like that cliche situation you see in TV comedies, where a character who is visibly white discovers that they are actually a significant portion black-- and then that character proceeds to try and change the the way they talk to be more "black" and starts dressing in clothes with bright african patterns.

Just because you identify as "black" doesn't mean you have to act thug or rasta or dress in traditional african garmets.

Just because you identify as "female" doesn't mean you have to wear women's clothing.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the harassment is wrong, and that the situation is bad. I just don't have sympathy for a person who knowingly jumps into that situation. It's like drinking and driving. Sure, it's sad that you crash and get badly injured, but you also put yourself in that situation in the first place, so don't then complain about it.

Because of this part.

To give an example, it's sort of like that cliche situation you see in TV comedies, where a character who is visibly white discovers that they are actually a significant portion black-- and then that character proceeds to try and change the the way they talk to be more "black" and starts dressing in clothes with bright african patterns.

Just because you identify as "black" doesn't mean you have to act thug or rasta or dress in traditional african garmets.

Just because you identify as "female" doesn't mean you have to wear women's clothing.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the harassment is wrong, and that the situation is bad. I just don't have sympathy for a person who knowingly jumps into that situation. It's like drinking and driving. Sure, it's sad that you crash and get badly injured, but you also put yourself in that situation in the first place, so don't then complain about it.
    What you are saying here is that basically you shouldn't be how you are but instead should suppress yourself to blend in?

Identifying as black doesn't = you are black unless you actually are, this is in no way similar to gender. Gender and sex do not always line up. A black person is black a person that is born with a penis, their gender isn't always male.

They want to dress as their gender because not being themselves is frankly torment.

What you are saying here is that basically you shouldn't be how you are but instead should suppress yourself to blend in?

Identifying as black doesn't = you are black unless you actually are, this is in no way similar to gender. Gender and sex do not always line up. A black person is black a person that is born with a penis, their gender isn't always male.

They want to dress as their gender because not being themselves is frankly torment.
    Some people just dont understand

Sexual Identity and Sexual Orientation are two seperate things, and they are not mutual inclusive or exclusive.

Thats how its possible to date a Gay Male, who biologically is a heterosexual female.

*straight girl who is sexual attracted to men, who identifies herself as male, becomes male *by either dressing up as and/or full surgery to become male*, end up living her life as a gay male, even though she was born female... her Orientation is straight.. her idenity is male. She would be considered a F2M Trans Person.*

It can work the opposite way as well. Straight male who loves women, views himself as female, lives as life as a woman, on the outside would appear to be a Lesbian female, but biologically is a heterosexual male. He would be a M2F Trans Person.

People dont understand this and find it confusing.. i dont know how.

Honestly.. this world could use alot more love.. it really could.
    Last edited by Amnasty; 2013-08-01 at 02:15 AM.

What I'm saying is that people are free to do whatever they want to do, but are also responsible for what they do.

What about a person who is half black and half white, and very light skinned but identifies as black?

Frankly I find this post to be incredibly hypocritical.
    It's fine to be born a male and identify as female, but not fine to be born one ethnicity and identify as another? What makes one more legitimate than the other?

I also don't see why you keep completely ignoring the fact I've pointed out time and time again, which is that women don't just wear feminine clothing. You can dress the same way as a woman without forcibly drawing attention to yourself. You can put on makeup and paint your nails without it being garish and attention grabbing, you can grow your hair long and wear it in a pony tail if that's what you want to do.

You can also wear a t-shirt and jeans and no make up and have short hair and still be dressed exactly the same as an typical female.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post

Sexual Identity and Sexual Orientation are two seperate things, and they are not mutual inclusive or exclusive.

Thats how its possible to date a Gay Male, who biologically is a heterosexual female.

*straight girl who is sexual attracted to men, who identifies herself as male, becomes male *by either dressing up as and/or full surgery to become male*, end up living her life as a gay male, even though she was born female... her Orientation is straight.. her idenity is male. She would be considered a F2M Trans Person.*

It can work the opposite way as well. Straight male who loves women, views himself as female, lives as life as a woman, on the outside would appear to be a Lesbian female, but biologically is a heterosexual male. He would be a M2F Trans Person.

This post is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
    No one is confusing Sexual orientation and Gender identity.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-01 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post

This reminds me of a trans couple. One MtF one FtM it was on huffington post. Two teens part of a support group I think.

This reminds me of a trans couple. One MtF one FtM it was on huffington post. Two teens part of a support group I think.
    I saw this, quite spectacular actually.

Also saw one with a Homosexual male, and F2M Trans, who would have vaginal sex, but lived homosexual life style.

human sexuality is so fluid there almost is no reason to label it.

Live and let live in my opinion... oppressing anyone group of person is wrong, so long as such persons are contributing members of society, and dont cause and sort of undue strain of the community for which it inhabits.... I.E oppressing black/gays/jew/mexicans/ect is wrong make sure convicted pedophiles aren't allowed in a 10 mile radius of a school... this is good...

What about a person who is half black and half white, and very light skinned but identifies as black?

Frankly I find this post to be incredibly hypocritical.
    It's fine to be born a male and identify as female, but not fine to be born one ethnicity and identify as another? What makes one more legitimate than the other?

I also don't see why you keep completely ignoring the fact I've pointed out time and time again, which is that women don't just wear feminine clothing. You can dress the same way as a woman without forcibly drawing attention to yourself. You can put on makeup and paint your nails without it being garish and attention grabbing, you can grow your hair long and wear it in a pony tail if that's what you want to do.

You can also wear a t-shirt and jeans and no make up and have short hair and still be dressed exactly the same as an typical female.

This post is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
    No one is confusing Sexual orientation and Gender identity.
    You're the one trying to attache "legitimacy" to things.

Every trans person dresses extremely fem or male now? I don't think so, or rather I know this isn't so; however, many people do and many women dress fem and many males dress male, so why is it shocking if a MTF dresses fem? Most women dress fem.

Also being born one ethnicity = YOU ARE THAT ETHNICITY so identifying as white when both your parents are black or vice verser, is idiotic. Being born with your gender female and your body male though = YOU ARE A WOMAN. You are what you are, you can't identify as others things and expect that to become fact. It's fact that gender doesn't = your sex all the time. It's also fact if both your parents are Irish, you're not a black japanese slavic from Aruba.