Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Please.

That would reduce button bloat.
    It would if a lot of abilities were merged or moved, and some abilities could be moved to specific trees. if every spec had 12 spec specific abilities, and the class had 8 abilities that would greatly reduce button bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I doubt that would ever happen.

Both grey and white should be grey.
    Uncommon should be White.
    Rare should be Green.
    The flex and lfr color would be Purple.
    Normal mode would be Yellow.
    Heroic mode would be Gold.
    Legendary s would continue to be orange.
    I'd just have all gear be white. From stuff you buy at a vendor to amazing looking, boss-dropped visual flair. There would be no association between item and color and power, besides subjective opinion on how it looks.

Deleted
    I agree with most of your ideas, honestly, though I actually really enjoy scenarios. They're different and are quick yet also fairly fun. It's all about opinions though! That's just mine. Though I do miss having shiny new dungeons every patch, I must admit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I'd rather not play another GW2, frankly.
    Well there's a problem with this opinion. Being wedded to Gear-As-A-Reason-To-Play or Gear-Provides-Power is completely antiquated, at least the current implementation of it. It's seriously like being wedded to pre-combat arena First Person Shooters With Health Packs and carrying 9 guns on you, in a post Halo, post CoD4 world. It comes off as incredibly quaint, but appallingly dated. Games that do that kind of stuff are retro.

WoW needs to to prepare itself for its next decade if it has any hope of surviving a world with XBOX One, PS4, Titanfall, Destiny, more and more mobile at the same time there are fewer and fewer traditional PCs. It doesn't do that by being conservative and sticking to design decisions mades in 2002.

But then again, it'll never happen. This is 2013 Blizzard. They're so conservative with their design they make (modern) Square-Enix look innovative and daring.

Id rather we didn't lose spells every expansion, it's bad enough how simple everything is to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post

No, because in this case, PVE players would dominate PVP as well. Not a good idea.
    Nah, I don't think you read what I said there. What I mean is that you get a ready set of gear when you enter arena or dungeons. Therefore everyone has the same gear when you do pvp, aka no gear differences. All that matters is your skillset.

Id rather we didn't lose spells every expansion, it's bad enough how simple everything is to play.
    Maybe if you do pve with a frost dk, but try doing some pvp with a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove PvP gear? So all the heroic raiders will now dominate PvP? Horrible idea.

The PvP gear has been around for too long and I highly doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon.

And to the above, everyone getting a set of gear when they enter arenas etc. yea... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Remove PvP gear? So all the heroic raiders will now dominate PvP? Horrible idea.

The PvP gear has been around for too long and I highly doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon.

And to the above, everyone getting a set of gear when they enter arenas etc. yea... no.
    Did you even read what they said? Anyone entering pvp would change into pvp gear instantly, and everyone would have the same gear level.

Well written.agree with all..
    except 7,9 and 10 though

10+ Year Old Account
    Both grey and white should be grey.
    No. Find another color that would split those 2.

I, like quite a few people, use a macro that gets rid all grey items (junk). Whites aren't grey for a reason, they almost always have a use.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Well there's a problem with this opinion. Being wedded to Gear-As-A-Reason-To-Play or Gear-Provides-Power is completely antiquated, at least the current implementation of it. It's seriously like being wedded to pre-combat arena First Person Shooters With Health Packs and carrying 9 guns on you, in a post Halo, post CoD4 world. It comes off as incredibly quaint, but appallingly dated. Games that do that kind of stuff are retro.

WoW needs to to prepare itself for its next decade if it has any hope of surviving a world with XBOX One, PS4, Titanfall, Destiny, more and more mobile at the same time there are fewer and fewer traditional PCs. It doesn't do that by being conservative and sticking to design decisions mades in 2002.

But then again, it'll never happen. This is 2013 Blizzard. They're so conservative with their design they make (modern) Square-Enix look innovative and daring.
    With respect, it seems as though you don't like the gear idea because you think it's old. Maybe it is or isn't, but what you say is also opinion, and thus not right or wrong in this particular discussion.

I would have to disagree with you, as character progression is one of the cornerstones that makes people actually want to play these games. It's fun to see your character grow in power, in whatever way. I see no reason why power from gear should be done away with. Maybe it is an older idea, but innovation for innovation's sake is not always the best course of action. I can't really see a justifiable reason why that particular wheel needs to be re-invented in WoW. And honestly, lack of progression at max level in GW2 is one of the main reasons I no longer play the game. I just felt I had reached the end, and thus I lost most of the motivation to play.

Deleted
    A new talent system. The new one i MoP is too plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read what they said? Anyone entering pvp would change into pvp gear instantly, and everyone would have the same gear level.
    That idea is even worse, completely removing the gear progression... why? They already added the catch-up feature. Getting PvP gear is fun, it's the reason a lot of people do PvP in the first place.

Remove Arena's.

Did I say that out load?

But seriously, the "Bloat" is a big one for me, and it stems mostly from small scale PvP, where everyone needs a snare, a CC, an "out" etc etc. Some it comes from PvE, mostly the CC for dungeons, but the bloat began when Arena's started having an impact on balance, and instead of nerfing, they buffed by giving every spec 10 more buttons to press for "utility".

Back in Vanilla/TBC (yes yes, I know), Classes had hard counters, simply due to "Rock crushes paper". After a few Arena seasons, each class/spec were given more and more utilites to cope with varying situations.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-08-04 at 10:44 AM.

I'd like to see the queue-based PvE content go region-wide, like PvP currently is.
    Last edited by Gnarles Malarkey; 2013-08-04 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    No. Find another color that would split those 2.

I, like quite a few people, use a macro that gets rid all grey items (junk). Whites aren't grey for a reason, they almost always have a use.
    why would you destroy the grey junk if you can just auto vendor it? plenty of addons doing that and some greys sell for 200g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    why would you destroy the grey junk if you can just auto vendor it? plenty of addons doing that and some greys sell for 200g
    I never said destroy. I was actually talking about selling all of them instantly with a macro.

I like everything but number 3 and 6.

For number 3, make it to where all mobs are shared, but the original person who tagged it gets the loot unless its a rare or you are in a party with them. (quest items will still be dropable). Add level scaling by personal choice. If you want to scale to 35 and get the xp a 35 would get then you should be able too. This would have a reduced effect for say a 95 doing level 40 quests, but if you wanted to level through the old content you should be able to at albeit at a slower pace then the new xpac content.

For number 6, Reputations from past expansions should be account wide. Meaning at level 95, anything from MoP and below will be shared on your account. The newest stuff from the current expansion continues to have the account tagging to gain rep faster once you have done it once. To make sure you aren't required to do them on every alt, all valor and justice gear will be taken off rep venders. They will have 1 or two items that are flex mode item level that cost gold, but valor gear would be better.
    There should be 4 lore factions and 2-4 vanity factions like the tillers every expansion. There should be less daily's (perhaps 30 in total at launch), but there will be dynamic events in every zone to compensate that also reward rep.

Also, you should only have to buy the latest expansion. Mop will be added to the battle chest When 6.0 launches. This way, the entire game always costs 60 dollars like most other games. It will entice more people to buy.
    red indicates you're a dickhead, right?
    OT i agree on all points except 8 and 9
    well 8 i dont really care, lfr is lfr... bullshit
    remove pvp gear and we do not have carrot on the stick anymore, not the way wow works.

Deleted
    Your 3rd idea interests me, although I'm wary because I think there could be a lot of negative repercussions to it that we can't really see right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I never said destroy. I was actually talking about selling all of them instantly with a macro.
    Sell Junk addon!

Deleted
    1) Path of the Titans
    2) Dance Studios
    3) Updated old character models

NEVER FORGET