Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    bah, scarlet is ellen
    I have the feeling this could be Scarlet:

Inquest, Bandits and Nightmare Court are forming an alliance in the events of Brisban Wildlands. She could have joined such organisation after her appearance in the personal story. She would have enough reason to spoil everything the queen is doing and that vandalized Queen's speech announcement would fit her.

Those alliance could possibly be the root of the Aetherblades, at least this is what I thought when I first heard of them, but then there were Charrs and Norns among them.
    Since the living story is going to be tied together somehow, my money is on Charr and Norn refugees from the Flame and Frost / Southsun Events having joined these forces.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I was thinking the same thing. Riot Alice certainly has a beef since her dad died in the Great Collapse and yet the Shining Blade claim that no one died in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Am I the only one who, when reading the poem, immediately thought of Doctor Who?
    I think anyone who has watched the last couple of seasons at least would have thought of it It has the feel of that poem all over. Like they used it as a base and changed the words to make it fit this

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Riot Alice certainly has a beef since her dad died in the Great Collapse and yet the Shining Blade claim that no one died in the event.
    That would be fun. I rather liked that character. I hope they don't have Kiel turn out to be bad. That would be so boring

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    And then add in this, which was sent to some media sites.

Does anyone else want to open up a media site just for the stuff Anet sends out? I'd have loved a pinata or this thing, even the election posters!

I'm hoping for grizzly murder in front of everyone. Just dead and kicked down into the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One of the canceled Guild Wars 1 classes was a Chronomancer. And in GW1 it is often mentioned that the world is linked to other worlds in a kind of dream-like mesh. It was/is partly what the Mists were originally all about.

Seems like Anet might be reworking some ideas from Guild Wars Utopia. What if Saul is somewhere in the Mists? And the Mursaat are screwing with reality again? :>
    I really like the idea of time/reality being messed with. I would also like to see the story of Guild Wars 2 get a little darker.

Also did that Sylvari that was sabotaging Queens Jubilee have a name? Could she be scarlet or am I just not remembering her name?

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I really like the idea of time/reality being messed with. I would also like to see the story of Guild Wars 2 get a little darker.

Also did that Sylvari that was sabotaging Queens Jubilee have a name? Could she be scarlet or am I just not remembering her name?
    She had no name but it's highly likely she is scarlet. She giggled enough when she got shot...

So after watching WoodenPotatoes vid, i've come to the conclussion that these events may or may not happen during the speech:

-Queen is actually Scarlet. This means that Aetherblades ruin the party and all hell breaks loose. After the event, We, the players and major NPC's enter the "Sunspears in Kourna" state. This would make for an awsome storyline for the next months to end the year, us reclaiming Kryta.

-Right before Queen announces the major thing, Scarlet appears with an armada of Aetherblade ships. Steam creatures appear and Divinity's Reach turns into a battleground for the next patches. This event, and the Asura storyline mission suddenly make sense as explained by WoodenPotatoes.

-Queen is marrying Logan.

-Queen announces that she will try to reopen connections with the Tengu/Elona/Cantha.

The last one is highly unlikely due to Colin saying that there would be no new zones this year, but if the last one connected with, say the second one, then it would as we pretty much would get promised new zones after the battle with Aetherblades is over.

Deleted
    Culling really wouldn't be such a problem if half of my on-screen characters weren't some form of pets or illusions.

Mesmer, Necros and Rangers all carry a huge amount of pets with them and it causes some serious screen-clutter. Reducing the amount of pets would really help balance and performance.

Deleted
    Next idea. Queen has made a contact with The Six. Scarlet and her people don't want gods' 'return' for some reason.

off topic but role related - I really hope Trahearne won't become a god like Kormir did in gw1.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    off topic but role related - I really hope Trahearne won't become a god like Kormir did in gw1.
    Lol that would be the ultimate troll move by ANet.

Wait. Even better. The Pale Tree's spirit dies and Trahearne becomes the new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The splash page has been defaced AGAIN

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ugust-20-2013/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The splash page has been defaced AGAIN

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ugust-20-2013/
    She REALLY doesn't like queen Jennah.

Wonder why, she is a sylvari so I'm not sure what her beef could possibly be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Lol! I can't wait for her appearance now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Lol that would be the ultimate troll move by ANet.

Wait. Even better. The Pale Tree's spirit dies and Trahearne becomes the new one.
    I really don't get the Trahearne hate or the Kormir one for that matter, am I missing something?
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I really don't get the Trahearne hate or the Kormir one for that matter, am I missing something?
    Besides the fact that they did practically nothing and over shadow your character's story and take all the glory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Besides the fact that they did practically nothing and over shadow your character's story and take all the glory?
    I guess that's understandable, but in my opinion your player character shouldn't be anything special they are simply one of many.

I didn't think Kormir was that bad. I didn't find her to be the hero. She was just the one that sacrificed and took the place of the God. Trahearne on the other hand had everyone licking his nips for going around and being the Matthew Crawley of GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I didn't think Kormir was that bad. I didn't find her to be the hero. She was just the one that sacrificed and took the place of the God. Trahearne on the other hand had everyone licking his nips for going around and being the Matthew Crawley of GW2.
    This seems so appropriate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3x6l5dZp8