Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    What is the normal timeframe for WoW expansion related trademark registration? I feel this is a lot earlier than has happened in the past, so that makes me think D3.
    We're actually running about 1-2 weeks behind on when they usually post trademarks.

What did you think about this one?
    http:\\tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:rxy5ji.2.1

CUTE BUT DEADLY

a new one from Blizzard?
    Last edited by taronlock; 2013-08-13 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured the next WoW xpac would be copyrighted around now. I started checking daily, last week. I wanted to be the one to find it and leak it. I checked this morning, nothing. I come back from lunch, I missed the bus.

I was reading MMO-Champion during the pre-announcement for MoP and Cata. The title gets put up about three months before Blizzcon. People have hateful, hateful posts, saying that isn't the next xpac, and anyone who thinks it is is stupid. People post "inside information" that they know to be true, only to turn out to be false.

Let's keep it simple, nice, and honest. Post what you THINK it will be, respect others' thoughts, and don't lie and pretend you're in the know. It will be a nice discussion if we keep to this. I found the most obvious answers are usually the right one (for example, if it's called Mists of Pandaria, we know the Panaren Chen Stormstout who was a Brewmaster, then there will be Pandaren, Brewmasters, and Chen in the xpac).

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashara/N'zoth expansion baby, i hope it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a great name for an expansion imo, but I like the intrigue and mystery it brings.

Daily reminder that the RPG and, by extension, the Dark Below/Legion connection, is non-canon.

Considering we already have two explicit references to "The Dark Below" in Ozumat and some of Lady Naz'jar's dialogue, I'm pretty confident that it's Azshara/N'Zoth/Nazjatar.

Deleted
    In my opinion the name has nothing to do with Diablo. Diablo expansion will most likely involve Adria, the redemption of Leah and possibly a fight against Imperius... the name doesn't seem fitting.
    As for WoW, instead, it seems VERY fitting to me. Azshara, N'zoth, lots of possible ties with the name.

Going by there trade mark past everything points to a WoW expansion but the Diablo themed Gamescon just days away throws me off a little and announcing the Diablo Expansion and a pretty hyped up Gamescon makes since cause that hypes up blizzcon for blizzard and leaves the opening announcement for the next wow expansion like they usually do. But Blizzard could still announce a Diablo expansion next week and this could be a trade mark for the wow expansion, idk but in the current state Blizzard is in they really need to be firing on all Cylinders.

Deleted
    There are good reasons to think this is a WoW exp, but the thing I don't understand is: if Blizzard was able to 'hide' Hearthstone until they announced it, why didn't they hide "The Dark Below"? If they gonna annouce Diablo III exp at gamescom (which is very possible) and it will not be "The Dark Below", why would they hide it (name of D3 exp), and not "The Dark Below"?

I really can't help but feel this is a D3 thing, a D3 expansion is kinda overdue in all honesty, especially with the release on console it 'feels' right. That said, I feel it's not a title specific enough for WoW, but it does fit the D3 theme all around.

But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    In my opinion the name has nothing to do with Diablo. Diablo expansion will most likely involve Adria, the redemption of Leah and possibly a fight against Imperius... the name doesn't seem fitting.
    As for WoW, instead, it seems VERY fitting to me. Azshara, N'zoth, lots of possible ties with the name.
    Mark my words on this.

Dark Below will be the next WoW expansion the end-boss will be N'zoth and perhaps the fabled Aze'roth, the malevolent being at the center of the planet with Azshara being the final boss of expansion's first raids, N'zoth being that of the first major patch and Aze'roth being the last.

D3's first expansion will be based on the corruption of Imperius ending at a cliffhanger referencing the corruption of Malthael the missing archangel of wisdom with the high heavens being completely fallen. The second expansion will be regarding him going insane with all the knowledge and his obsession driving him to resurrect Tathamet whereas we will be rallying to resurrect Anu.

Could be a WoW expansion. Could be Azshara, the Nagas, and possibly a return of the Burning Legion. Of course, Diablo is a dungeon crawler at its core meaning the name would definitely be fitting for a game of its likeness. Seems that either could be possible. If we're to believe the old Blizzard timelines (which has been wrong in the timing, but correct in the game release schedule), I'd have to say it's more likely to be D3's Xpac.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My money's on Azshara. We go down before we go out, whoo!

Everyone keeps talking about Azshara and N'Zoth.. but I'm thinking more about Tirisfal Glades. Didn't Blizzard get asked if there was an Old God there and they said no, but something different was lurking underneath it? The Dark Below would fit pretty well with whatever is there and keeping Tirisfal such a grim and dark place. One can hope!

Actually fits both perfectly well.

Well played blizz.

Could be Diablo 3, but I think that might be a tad redundant. The Hell dimensions are already considered to be those "below" and you tend to descend into hell or hellish areas. It also doesn't really tie into any of the loose threads - the Black Soulstone falling from the Heavens, Adria, or the missing original Archangel of Wisdom.

Azshara connection is, in my opinion, much more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playable naga yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Agreed .

Adria is outstanding, as are the subplots of the Jeweller and 3 followers. Of all possible names that could be associated with that potential storyline, I wouldn't consider "The Dark Below." We've already been below. It was dark, and fiery. I wouldn't expect a deeper, darker, below.

Considering that we have an outstanding Old God / Naga Queen, and the Neptulon who has been MIA for almost two full expansions, it's an incredibly reasonable assumption that Azshara and N'zoth are the subject matter of Expansion 5.

It could be anything, 'Dark' & 'Below' effectively describes everything under the surface. But, if I had to put money down...
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-08-13 at 08:31 PM.

Def wow

Doubtful it's d3. Doesn't make sense. We've already been to hell. Are we to believe there is something darker than hell?
    Has to be wow. Plus d3 isn't even near rdy for an xpac yet, just about to launch on consoles and an xpac at the same time. Nah. Also, under the goods description it says downloadable content and has wireless devices listed. Blizzard had nothing specific for d3 in regards to wireless devices. But they do for wow. Could be nothing. But I believe it's for wow.

Deleted
    The Tirisfal Glades were the landing place of the Highborne (later high elves) led by Dath'Remar Sunstrider after the night elves exiled them from Kalimdor. Forging inland, the high elves founded a settlement within the tranquil Tirisfal Glades. After a few years, many of them began to go mad. It was theorized that something evil slept beneath that particular part of the world, but the rumors were never proven to be true. The high elves packed up their encampment and moved northward towards another land rich with ley energies, Quel'thalas.