Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I am think of ordering a hiphone 5 from china * will i get scam *

I was on a few difference china website that sell hiphone 4s and 5 and price range from ChEaP to about $50 and i want to know are they worth it but my biggest concern are these company any good that sell chinese cellphone ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Common sense would tell you no. Are you really from NY? Your English...dear God!
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    stop going off topics !

10+ Year Old Account
    what the hell is a hiphone?

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    a chinese knockoff

If you have a phone to trade in you can get a Iphone 5 for 100 bucks... I'm sure the 4's are even cheaper. To be honest if you can't afford the phone how are you going to afford the $100 bill every month?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    A knock off of the iphone. Should be fine, it's getting it to work that might be an issue.

Remember what happened when you bought the cheap tablet?

My uncle bought one when he was in china. He got the 4s i believe. It broke after less than a month due to the battery not being sealed properly.

Deleted
    I don't know about phones, but you probably aren't going to save money buying it with shipping and possible taxes if it really is an Iphone 4 or 5, because then it probably would be more common to do so, and I kind of doubt they would be selling it much cheaper than other places, because they still have to buy them from Apple and there's probably always going to be a minimum price for that, so unless it's used or a copy phone, I doubt you're gonna get one from there, and if its used you can just buy one in NA and if its a copy phone, then you're certainly not getting an Apple Iphone. You're probably getting a hiphone - a chinese knock-off phone (and if you buy it, perhaps a significant dose of import taxes and shipping).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to suggest buying chinese knockoffs to anyone, but it is worth noting that many of the chinese knockoffs are not only a fraction of the price, but actually technologically superior to the iPhone.

Which is really fucking sad, and Apple should be ashamed of their overpriced paperweight.

Deleted
    my husband has a friend who is a computer engineer and a tech freak, he always buy his phones from chinese ebay sellers. He says its worth it, but I guess he can actually repair the thing if it breaks or he has a reliable seller.

Honestly, i wouldn't touch anything made in China for Chinese markets, they cut way to many corners and knock off way to much stuff, if yo are getting a stupidly low price for one it's likely a knockoff

Deleted
    I recently bought a Star N9500 (Samsung Galaxy clone) from Amazon UK as my current contract phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) was lost. It turned up in good time, was packaged very professionally, and the package contained:

Phone
    Gel case
    Flip case
    Two batteries
    Charger
    USB cable
    Headphones

All for £150 (cheaper than any decent second hand phone from eBay)! It's a good quality phone and although I bought it to keep me going until my upgrade time (Apri next year), I might just keep using it, I like it that much!

Don't think that every Chinese made phone is a cheap plastic heap of rubbish, some of them are very good quality phones.

Steve

There are scammers everywhere throughout the world, but China's reputation isn't really the best, probably the worst you'd say, it depends on how much you know about the store/site when you're purchasing your stuffs.

This one is pretty funny though, some taiwanese guy went to china for holiday and bought one exactly the same as iphone, turns out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH70O7TqirQ

It's amazing that they would spend so much effort into a scam like this one, you actually need to think before you can come up with such a 'product'.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    I was on a few difference china website that sell hiphone 4s and 5 and price range from ChEaP to about $50 and i want to know are they worth it but my biggest concern are these company any good that sell chinese cellphone ?
    It's a knock-off of iPhone, ofcourse you will get scammed. Are you really this gullible? They're absolute trash.

10+ Year Old Account

Caution... I would advise :P

One of my customers bought this in Hong Kong from a "reputable" store:

Facebook Image
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-08-18 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made in china....the name says it. You are better of buying it on some site that sells them cheaper (and also original).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Made in china....the name says it. You are better of buying it on some site that sells them cheaper (and also original).
    Sad to tell you the truth though, 90% of what everybody use is made in china. You can only blame business, they look for the lowest cost + highest profit, not the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Sad to tell you the truth though, 90% of what everybody use is made in china. You can only blame business, they look for the lowest cost + highest profit, not the highest quality.
    The difference here though is that it is made in china for the Chinese markets, so a lot of the safety checks are skipped which is why you keep getting stories about things exploding over there.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/eco...ctedly_explode

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Chine...plodes_id46292

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=china+exploding