Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Question for parents...

Short shorts on your girls, do you allow them to wear them? How short is to short? If you do allow your daughters to wear them at what age are you allowing them? I've been kind of dating someone who has an early teen daughter and it freaking drives me bonkers that they allow her to wear very short shorts. I've tried to be subtle about how I feel as the relationship is still new and I'm not really ready for a fight over how they allow their kids to dress.

Have you dated parents with teen or younger parents who allow their kids to wear short shorts? What if anything have you done to bring up the topic about younger girls having a little more self respect regardless of what their friends are wearing?

Deleted
    I am not a parent, but I can tell you that is a real bad idea telling others how to raise theirs, they never take it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a parent, but I tend to think that a pair of shorts should be longer than their vagina.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There comes a time in relationships when dating someone with kids that you discuss parenting styles. It's a natural progression of the relationship. The obvious hurdle is expressing your styles in such a way as to not have a total break down in the relationship. As the relationship grows there becomes a natural extension of the parenting responsibilities, this varies depending on the ages of the kids.

As for it being a "bad" idea, this is yes and no. Dad's typically in my experience very much welcome a woman's opinion and guidance when it comes to dealing with their daughters.

What is too short?

This is pretty normal here, pretty much every teenager you see around here is allowed to wear similiar shorts as the ones in the photo. On a warm day it's the norm.

This is too short shorts. lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I am not a parent, but I can tell you that is a real bad idea telling others how to raise theirs, they never take it well.
    This^ - it's their kid. Let her mother make that decision. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but it's not your place to say anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    This^ - it's their kid. Let her mother make that decision. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but it's not your place to say anything.
    *Parent(s)

If we want to get antsy that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate it when parents allow their children to dress like that. Shorts should go down to at least their wrist, in my opinion.
    Also the bottom picture up there isn't shorts, it was a pair then someone turned them into a denim thong. You don't usually wear shorts/pants up your ass.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2013-08-23 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I am not a parent, but I tend to think that a pair of shorts should be longer than their vagina.
    Pretty much this.

Once they hit 18, I say let them dress like a hooker all they want. I like hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Also the bottom picture up there isn't shorts, it was a pair then someone turned them into a denim thong. You don't usually wear shorts/pants up your ass.
    Really? I know.

I just used the photos because I wanted something to illustrate what I think is suitable/not suitable.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I teach my daughter to be modest. When all the girls who's parents let them dress like sluts are knocked up on WIC and my kid is a college grad with a stable job she'll understand.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I laugh everytime 14 year old girls in clubs dress like this. Thats just poor parenting.

Get a chastity belt bolt it on you keep the key then let her wear w/e she wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the approach. There is a good way and bad way to discuss the topic with her.

As for short shorts, I personally think at 18 they can decide for themselves. But if it was my daughter, and she was using my money to buy clothes, there would be no way in hell she would even be in shorts as short as the first picture until she was 18.

As others said, you wanna be viewed as "sexy" then you will get the attention of boys who want sex. If you want to be viewed as something other than a sex object, then dress the part.

From my experience, the girls who went the route of dressing sexy at 14, had kids by 18. The girls who wore longer shorts and didn't display their cleavage for all to see, were in college with no kids and were working toward a secure future.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I laugh everytime 14 year old girls in clubs dress like this. Thats just poor parenting.
    A 14 year old in a club, regardless of apparel, is poor parenting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    A 14 year old in a club, regardless of apparel, is poor parenting...
    I've very happy that the girls I chased when I was a teen, went to local punk and ska shows and dressed more conservatively, as compared to a club chick.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    What clubs do you go to that has 14 year olds in it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Get a chastity belt bolt it on you keep the key then let her wear w/e she wants.
    That would encourage her to learn lockpicking.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

That would encourage her to learn lockpicking.

I heard they serve punch and ribena after 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have teenage dance clubs here. They are made just for them though, no older people allowed and no drinking (of course). I would imagine that is the type of club he is referring to, or at least I hope that's what he is referring to lol