Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dog sleeping in your bed

So.. The other day, I was called gross because I don't mind if my dog, Isis, jumps into bed and conks-out next to me. What's wrong with my dog sleeping in the same bed as I am?

Can someone explain to me why it is "gross"? 'Cause I don't see it.
    (she doesn't have fleas or ticks or anything like that.)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Thread title gave me really wrong associations. <.<

It's not gross in my opinion, don't really care about animals sleeping in ones bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    So.. The other day, I was called gross because I don't mind if my dog, Isis, jumps into bed and conks-out next to me. What's wrong with my dog sleeping in the same bed as I am?

Can someone explain to me why it is "gross"? 'Cause I don't see it.
    (she doesn't have fleas or ticks or anything like that.)
    Short answer: There's nothing wrong.

I wouldn't call that gross but letting a dog lick you in the mount or kissing a dogs mouth is gross IMO. And yes I am a Dog owner :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Thread title gave me really wrong associations. <.<

It's not gross in my opinion, don't really care about animals sleeping in ones bed.
    Hahah! Ewwww! You're silly =P
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Nothing. Though caring what other people think to the point of doing this is another issue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing gross about it until the dog passes gas. Then it is really gross.

Deleted
    Eh, well, I wouldn't want something that doesn't wipe and can't clean itself properly next to my face, then again - maybe I'm a bit germophobic..

If you can, and don't mind - just go for it, who gives a rats ass what others think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see anything wrong with it. My pooch sleeps on my bed sometimes as well

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    There is nothing gross about it until the dog passes gas. Then it is really gross.
    That's when you fight fire with fire.

isn't that a crime
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I am a softie, I often have 2 dogs, a cat and 2 rats on the bed at the same time, the funny part is watching the rats dominate a 200lb doberman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Short answer: There's nothing wrong.
    Now see, I don't think so either.. But this person (a friend of a friend) was so adamant about it. And proceeds to tell me how dirty dogs are, and that I'm going to wake up one day with pink-eye and stuff like that. Needless to say, he won't be coming over again anytime soon.

Deleted
    They smell and leave hairs all over your bed. You can't smell it, but other people can.

I used to let my dog sleep in my bed also, but they start licking their paws/balls that gets the sheets wet plus lying in a pile of dog hair just wasn't too appealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Eh, well, I wouldn't want something that doesn't wipe and can't clean itself properly next to my face, then again - maybe I'm a bit germophobic..

If you can, and don't mind - just go for it, who gives a rats ass what others think?
    Rats are very clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I am a softie, I often have 2 dogs, a cat and 2 rats on the bed at the same time, the funny part is watching the rats dominate a 200lb doberman.
    200 pound Doberman?!? Holy shit lol

Terrible thread title ;-)

but no, dont really see anything wrong with it myself, though if you used the same wording as this threat title.. they might have thought you were banging the dog... that I could understand them thinking of it as gross...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Nothing. Though caring what other people think to the point of doing this is another issue.
    It's not really that I care that much about what he was saying.. I'd just like to get an idea on how many people agree with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Terrible thread title ;-)

but no, dont really see anything wrong with it myself, though if you used the same wording as this threat title.. they might have thought you were banging the dog... that I could understand them thinking of it as gross...
    Haha yeah, I see that now.. Didn't really think too much of it when I made it.. But I get it.
    Is there a way to change it, after I already made it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    200 pound Doberman?!? Holy shit lol
    What? I dont over feed him, fuck off!

I lie, I gave him an entire curry today today, I am too soft.

Deleted
    I dunno how people could call that gross when they walk with their shoes indoor. Now that's gross. (imo) :P