Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[League of Legends] S3 rewards announced!

Hey guys, they just announced the rewards. Ward skins for silver and up. Yay!

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/4709

Deleted
    Was a new thread really necessary when it's been discussed already in main thread?

Deleted
    Ward skin idea is awesome. But I probably won't get Elise skin ;/ Silver III at the moment - a long path to reach gold.

Deleted
    If people are looking purely for the rewards, it's possible to be placed straight into Gold (although sometimes S3-1) just from winning your 5 provisional matches on 3v3 ranked teams, and of course, you can always recreate a new team and play another 5 matches if you place poorly whereas in solo q there is no do-over so to speak. With it being confirmed now that your 3s rating will give you the border/rewards for 5s next season... that's how a lot of people are going to be going for the rewards I think. I anticipate seeing a lot more borders in 5s next season.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-08-28 at 11:29 AM.

Ward skins yay. Those are pretty neat rewards

Deleted
    Urgh, guess I'll have to start Ranked serious again. Was Silver II I think, didn't play ranked for months so I guess I'm back to Silver V. Urgh.

FOTM champs, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Ward skin idea is awesome. But I probably won't get Elise skin ;/ Silver III at the moment - a long path to reach gold.
    Not that long. It only takes about 3-4 matches to get into promotion, and then 2 wins to go up. The only hard part is Silver I > Gold V because it's such a massive grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If people are looking purely for the rewards, it's possible to be placed straight into Gold (although sometimes S3-1) just from winning your 5 provisional matches on 3v3 ranked teams, and of course, you can always recreate a new team and play another 5 matches if you place poorly whereas in solo q there is no do-over so to speak. With it being confirmed now that your 3s rating will give you the border/rewards for 5s next season... that's how a lot of people are going to be going for the rewards I think. I anticipate seeing a lot more borders in 5s next season.
    Yeah... I saw one of my friends doing it yesterday xD He's plat soloQ but still after 6 3vs3 ranked team matches they were placed in gold. I was suprised but I might 'abuse' it too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Holy shit that's so abusive.

i'm going to try my season 2 trick where i play only my placement matches and end up being placed in gold

One of the most popular pvp games satisfy its players with skins? Dafuq :d
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I just hope I have time to reach diamond. At my platinum 1 promo series now. Taiyoumaru (EUNE)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    What did you expect? The rewards have always been skins.... skins are the most exclusive way to show achievements in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    In WoW you get a mount and a title. Here you get a skin and a loading screen border. What's the difference?

Deleted
    if you are unranked and have a good normal win ratio, it shouldn't be too hard to get gold. if you don't screw up placement games you can get it straight away. if you don't manage that but can keep a good win ratio, you can skip entire divisions to make it happen a lot faster.

give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2013-09-01 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the way people look down on Bronze players I don't think the icons will get much use, and by extension the Silver Ward skins. Nice idea though.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I don't own Elise, will I still get the skin as long as I stay in gold?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'll use the silver ward skins (if I get silver again) because why not? Sure they're p low requirements and people might look down on me but they're also a 2013 s3 exclusive
    If people look down at you because of something as stupid as a ward skin saying you were silver then you just need to ignore them.

As for the rewards, I was not expecting Elise. Thank god I haven't bought her yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakhal View Post
    I don't own Elise, will I still get the skin as long as I stay in gold?
    Along with the champion, yes.

Need to get out of this bronze 1 D: