Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What he said ^

Extra stats from Ascended will pretty much never matter in practice.
    I seriously have to disagree. A toon decked out in full ascended (weapons, armor, rings, etc) will have a significant stat boost over a toon in full exotics or rares. It may not be as big of a gap as the tier differences in say WoW, but it will still be enough that if two equally skilled players face off, the one with more health, damage, etc is going to come out on top. People like you keep looking at this from the view point of one piece of ascended gear vs. one piece of exotic gear. You can't do that. You have to look at this from the viewpoint of a FULL set of ascended gear vs. a full set of exotic gear. The difference in stats becomes MUCH larger that way. Yes, I agree that if the person in ascended gear is a tool, and the person in exotics is amazing, however, then the exotic geared toon will win. But let's be realistic here....that will probably not be the case as much as you think it will be. Full ascended WILL make an impact, sadly.

I still think Ascended armor should ONLY make a difference in Fractals. I think there should be ZERO stat increase from exotic to ascended, just merely the infusion slots to make surviving in fractals easier as you increase the level of the fractal. That would have been the logical thing to do, but Anet saw fit to go back on their word and appease the traditional MMO players and create a gear grind instead. Anet has steadily been losing face since November 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And no, they don't matter, it doesn't matter between rare and exotic. If you do the math you find out it's such a minimal bonus that it's purpose is just to give an illusion of a gear treadmill to please the naysayers.

TDLR: People blew it out of proportion and idiots follow them, if you lost a fight by 1% there is 100 other things you could of done so you wouldn't of lost, but people decide to blame their gear. Pathetic.

In the words of troll PvPers:

GET GOOD SON
    You are an idiot. Two equally skilled players facing off, but one have a significant stat boost over the other is almost always going to come out the same. The better geared player will win. It's simple logic that has been proven time and time again. The fact that you are ignoring this and are saying,"If you lost then you suck noob!" just goes to show you don't know shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but that doesn't work in practice.

And 10%? what are you talking about. Just stop dude

Gear matters as much as it did back in GW1. People like you blow it out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ascended back piece vs exotic: difference in damage:

/clap so over powered, gonna kill alts, gonna make things imbalanced. I used berserker back piece btw. The difference in crit is not even 1%

I will continue to rape idiots who think gear > skill in this game or even if they think it has any significance at all in determaning a battle.

Should I go find videos of people owning other people naked? Naked vs full geared where naked wins.
    Once again, you're only comparing one piece to one piece. A fully decked out toon however WILL have a significant boost in stats. Why you keep ignoring that fact is beyond me. You're like a ostrich with its head stuck in the sand saying,"If I can't see it, then it's not true!"

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that it's not and you should get out of the WoW mentality and stop listening to those people :/
    We should honestly stop listening to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow sorry but you are stupid. Someone has to say it.

WvW "organized fights" ends up being zerg vs zerg. In fact the only time it's not is when you run a small group of people around the map and fighting off against other small groups. But most of the time it's running zerging walls and gates and keep lords. Not to mention PvP balance changes aren't in full swing in WvW. And in group fights it's usually a good combo move that wins the battle, not the gear.

Secondly the difference in damage in total IS SO INSIGNIFICANT if you blame anything on gear it just means you SUCK and you could of done something during the fight better (used this CD here, used this boon here, went more defensive, went more offensive THE LIST NEVER ENDS).

This will not break alts, no matter what you say, I will continue to rape you in your full exotic/ascended gear with my masterwork. In fact I want to fight you. Let's go I'll fight you in greens and when I win I want to see what you will say.

Lastly you are assuming everyone has ascended gear and will be maxed out in ascended. That's not practical or reality.
    Actually, the only stupid person I see here is you.

Please post without calling people names.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-08-31 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Pile of Bloodstone Dust - drops from Champion Loot Bags
    So it's true you can (theoretically) get an ascended weapon from champion containers?

Dragonite Ore - Temples in Orr, Mega Bosses, and Keeps & Castles in WvW
    Nice. It won't be anything I actively farm, but at least a chance at one is better than nothing (for those of us who don't plan to craft them).

Um I'll just buy the freaken weapon thx

lol
    I think Ascended Weapons are bound to account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So it's true you can (theoretically) get an ascended weapon from champion containers?
    Yes... There is a rare chance of it but yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think Ascended Weapons are bound to account.

are they soul bound once you equip them or are they account bound throughout?

I seriously have to disagree. A toon decked out in full ascended (weapons, armor, rings, etc) will have a significant stat boost over a toon in full exotics or rares. It may not be as big of a gap as the tier differences in say WoW, but it will still be enough that if two equally skilled players face off, the one with more health, damage, etc is going to come out on top.
    "two players of equal skill" scenario will never happen. EVER. It's whoever will slip up the most will have the greatest impact not the gear.

And NO a toon decked out in ascended does not have a significant advantage. It's extremely minor. Like I already posted before (which you ignored)

You are an idiot. Two equally skilled players facing off, but one have a significant stat boost over the other is almost always going to come out the same. The better geared player will win. It's simple logic that has been proven time and time again. The fact that you are ignoring this and are saying,"If you lost then you suck noob!" just goes to show you don't know shit.
    You seem to have completely ignored my other post. There are 100's of different factors that determine the outcome

What if I used this skill instead of this
    What if I used aegis faster
    What if I dodge this
    What if I LOS this?

The gear incline from ascended gear is so minimal the other factors out weigh it in priority. You can't blame gear for your mistakes. This isn't WoW, get good

Once again, you're only comparing one piece to one piece. A fully decked out toon however WILL have a significant boost in stats. Why you keep ignoring that fact is beyond me. You're like a ostrich with its head stuck in the sand saying,"If I can't see it, then it's not true!"
    I already made a post on the vitality on a full set of ascended gear which gives you just above 300 hp compared to exotics. Want me to do the same for power? (oh wait I already did that but you ignored it) But you can't read so.... Not to mention ascended gear loses it's stat flexibility, with exotic I can get half of one stat and half of another with a jewel, ascended gear is always pre determined and since the stat difference is extremely minimal (11 for backpiece, 7 for rings) you will hardly see a difference but you will see a difference in your customization options.

Actually, the only stupid person I see here is you.
    Way to ignore everything and get right into the insults, if you can't even make a counter point the insult means nothing. You can't pick and choose what to reply to and act like I didn't say anything else.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-31 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Please post without calling people names.[/COLOR][/B]
    It's nice to know that some people can call others stupid without any consequences while others have to be infracted for it. Moderation on these forums suck.

New tequatl themed ascended weapons patch after next! (only drops from new Tequatl raid)

"two players of equal skill" scenario will never happen. EVER. It's whoever will slip up the most will have the greatest impact not the gear.

And NO a toon decked out in ascended does not have a significant advantage. It's extremely minor. Like I already posted before (which you ignored)

You seem to have completely ignored my other post. There are 100's of different factors that determine the outcome

What if I used this skill instead of this
    What if I used aegis faster
    What if I dodge this
    What if I LOS this?

The gear incline from ascended gear is so minimal the other factors out weigh it in priority. You can't blame gear for your mistakes. This isn't WoW, get good

I already made a post on the vitality on a full set of ascended gear which gives you just above 300 hp compared to exotics. Want me to do the same for power? (oh wait I already did that but you ignored it) But you can't read so.... Not to mention ascended gear loses it's stat flexibility, with exotic I can get half of one stat and half of another with a jewel, ascended gear is always pre determined and since the stat difference is extremely minimal (11 for backpiece, 7 for rings) you will hardly see a difference but you will see a difference in your customization options.

Way to ignore everything and get right into the insults, if you can't even make a counter point the insult means nothing. You can't pick and choose what to reply to and act like I didn't say anything else.
    And you calling someone stupid is different how?

This is one of the reasons I said these forums have become hostile lately. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And you calling someone stupid is different how?
    Oh look...

if you can't even make a counter point the insult means nothing. You can't pick and choose what to reply to and act like I didn't say anything else.
    You do this often?

The bait is over there -->

I'm over here <--

I don't really see why you guys are even arguing about the PvP side...

Yes, individual skill is the ultimate deciding factor, however that being said you want to enter a fight as prepared as possible. Sure, the Ascended gear will offer a marginal stat increase compared to the Exotics, but it's still an advantage. And you definitely don't want to do PvP with gear that is inferior to your opponent's... for this very reason I assume you all use Exotic gear in PvP and not Rare or Masterwork.

Also if you look at individual gear pieces or individual stats it all seems very insignificant, but the thing about gearing up is that "power" gained from stat increases are not completely linear -- just think about how power-precision-critdamage affect each other. So a fully Ascended-geared character may as well end up being 10%+ more powerful than a fully Exotic char, and that's huge. Especially in PvP.

Did you really call him stupid, then get mad when he replied "no you"?

Also if you look at individual gear pieces or individual stats it all seems very insignificant, but the thing about gearing up is that "power" gained from stat increases are not completely linear -- just think about how power-precision-critdamage affect each other. So a fully Ascended-geared character may as well end up being 10%+ more powerful than a fully Exotic char, and that's huge. Especially in PvP.
    1) They don't
    2) It's not huge

Yes, individual skill is the ultimate deciding factor
    Yea you are right, so a minimal stat increase won't be the decided factor just like you said

Sure, the Ascended gear will offer a marginal stat increase compared to the Exotics, but it's still an advantage.
    You know what else is an advantage? Using terrain, using hills, apply boons, doing a combo field. Stat advantage is marginal and minimal like you said it won't be the defining factor. It never has been in GW1 or GW2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Did you really call him stupid, then get mad when he replied "no you"?
    2 different people

1) They don't
    2) It's not huge

Yea you are right, so a minimal stat increase won't be the decided factor just like you said

You know what else is an advantage? Using terrain, using hills, apply boons, doing a combo field. Stat advantage is marginal and minimal like you said it won't be the defining factor. It never has been in GW1 or GW2

- - - Updated - - -

2 different people

I'm sorry zito but you are deliberately ignoring/dismissing a valid argument.
    Don't really want to participate in this "discussion" too much, but ask yourself this: I assume your character in GW2 has Exotic gear -- Why? Do you PvP? If yes, why don't you do it in blue gear? Why do you even bother spending all of your traits?

There you go.

I mean it's totally up to you if you don't want to have gear equal to your opponents', but don't be surprised that most people do actually want to PvP on equal grounds -- as far as gear goes.

If you think 10% is negligible, again, it's up to you. I personally disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I've basically decided I'm not participating in this. It's way too expensive. Even if/when prices reach their intended equilibrium it'll still be too expensive. I'm concerned that exotics are going to go up significantly in price/be less available too since people are already talking about salvaging all the "cheap" ones for Dark Matters.
    I can see the low-end going up, but shouldn't affect the more desirable ones much. blues/greens might actually start going for more than vendor too.

Legendaries being able to alter their stats... maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like something that will cause a price hike. Getting one was never really in my scope realistically and now even less so.
    I like that Legendaries can swap stats, it makes sense and fits. I doubt prices will raise a huge amount though, since it's still not a stat-boost (compared to ascended) and most folks won't be swapping often at all.

Anything time gated can go screw itself, I hate that nonsense.

It's disappointing, especially since I gather it's all going to be soulbound? GW2 has turned out to be a lot more alt unfriendly than I'd anticipated.
    A lot of the fragments are account bound, but then using them to make an actual mat for the build is not souldbound. So even if you don't intend on getting an ascended item, it might give you something new to sell for decent money.

I'm sorry zito but you are deliberately ignoring/dismissing a valid argument.
    Don't really want to participate in this "discussion" too much, but ask yourself this: I assume your character in GW2 has Exotic gear -- Why? Do you PvP? If yes, why don't you do it in blue gear? Why do you even bother spending all of your traits?
    If you were following the thread you would know I do PvP in masterwork (green) gear and I challenged a full exotic bragging player to a fight, and I often beat people who are in full exotics with masterwork. Gear is not the defining factor, you said this don't go back on this.

If you think 10% is negligible, again, it's up to you. I personally disagree.
    It's not 10%, I already posted a comparison for vitality so....

I mean it's totally up to you if you don't want to have gear equal to your opponents', but don't be surprised that most people do actually want to PvP on equal grounds -- as far as gear goes.
    There is no such thing as equal grounds not even in spvp

Where does this 10% keep coming from?
    Zeb said it on the first (or second don't remember) page and people follow it just like I said would happen :/

Even if it was true 10% total isn't even good. 10% of 100 is 10 (using these numbers for simple reasons), that's not even good. It's 1/10 of a power/damage/healing/vitality/whatever boost, that's shit and is no way close to defining any match.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-31 at 09:28 PM.

2 different people
    Oh, my mistake, you called Zed stupid, then got mad when Zephyr said "no you"? Does that make it better?

How about trying to discuss things without personal insults?

I thought it was 7% increase anyway (not to be pedantic or anything)

Oh, my mistake, you called Zed stupid, then got mad when Zephyr said "no you"? Does that make it better?
    That wasn't my point, my point was he quoted something and took one piece of info and ignored the rest.

How about trying to discuss things without personal insults?
    Granted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought it was 7% increase anyway (not to be pedantic or anything)
    Nope apparently someone said 10% so it's 10% per piece of gear and with 5 ascended options that means it's a 50% damage increase!

/sarcasm