Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Walmart certainly seems to be struggling, right?

Could it happen that Costco primarily hires and retains the upper crust of retail labor? That they are more productive because they are paid more, but that they are paid more because they are more productive?
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I don't remember saying they weren't. When you vote Republican, you do so because you want, in the words of Bill Maher, a prick and a square.

Still, that doesn't mean 'liberal' types actually favor, you know, liberty.
    It might just be your definition of 'liberal types'. If my definition of 'liberal types' included liberty as part of the definition, than all those who are not for liberty, wouldn't be 'liberal types'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Ever hear "correlation does not imply causation"?

Why should I not believe that due to technological and culture changes that the modern era wouldn't have been more successful than it had been without the governments heavy-handed intervention? Surely that premiss is not contradicted by the rest of the scenario you outlined.
    Because historically what has happened when there has been a loosening of centralized power is divisiveness and a decrease in economic and cultural scale. The pace of technology benefits from economy of scale just as much as production does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Should Wal-Mart start charging a membership fee just to enter their store?
    They already do. It's called Sam's Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I'm mad because I read through the last 8 pages or so. That's some looney conspiracy shit. That illustrates why I don't like to label myself if I can. If I say I'm a libertarian people think I'm an anarchist, a republican in hiding, or a conspiracy theorist. Its bad enough that the Libertarian party is fractured to shit and cant agree on a moderate platform. Fuck. Hell, even calling myself a left-libertarian would be pointless because nobody knows or can come to an agreement on what a libertarian is anymore.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Should Wal-Mart start charging a membership fee just to enter their store?
    Sam's Club, Wal-Mart's Costco equivalent spin-off (it is it's own company, technically) offers the same wages Wal-Mart does.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Bargmann was just talking about how corporations 'shield' individuals from being sued, as I just demonstrated.
    He didn't care to answer. So, I'm just assuming he was talking about unicorns.

I'm talking about the liable portion of what he was saying. If you answer the question I asked, I'll simply know which direction you are approaching it from. I don't want to assume and get yelled at for it. It has happened...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Costco is better than Sam's Club

10+ Year Old Account
    They already do. It's called Sam's Club.
    CostCo > Sams . Cancelled my Sams club membership like 10 years ago because the selection sucks.
    Hell, Sams isnt even around anymore in the metroplex because CostCo pwnd them so hard.

On a side note, I did not know that Sams and WallMart were the same company. Learn something new everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walmart certainly seems to be struggling, right?
    Indeed they are, at least in the wealthier states, where they are suffering from severe labor shortages. In the third world part of the US, not so much.

Could it happen that Costco primarily hires and retains the upper crust of retail labor? That they are more productive because they are paid more, but that they are paid more because they are more productive?
    Or it could be that offering higher wages attracts more productive people.

It's known that productivity scales with job satisfaction; pay and benefits are one part of job satisfaction. Logically, it would follow that better pay and benefits would have an impact on productivity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Holy shit I'm mad because I read through the last 8 pages or so. That's some looney conspiracy shit. That illustrates why I don't like to label myself if I can. If I say I'm a libertarian people think I'm an anarchist, a republican in hiding, or a conspiracy theorist. Its bad enough that the Libertarian party is fractured to shit and cant agree on a moderate platform. Fuck. Hell, even calling myself a left-libertarian would be pointless because nobody knows or can come to an agreement on what a libertarian is anymore.
    Do what I did. Make up your own label.

For instance, I'm a social democratic-republican.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point a 'liberty' to me that liberals want to end that doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
    How about the right to not be spied upon?

The right to own a gun?

The right to determine what the insurance you provide for your workers to cover?

The liberal-in-chief used drugs in college, but until recently, was busting dispensaries that were state-legal.

Liberals are pretty anti-right to work, as well.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    If I made my own label, if feel dangerously similar to the strange radicals that piss me off on tumblr.

You aren't.

The right to own a gun?
    Isn't infringed.

The right to determine what the insurance you provide for your workers to cover?
    You mean none?

The liberal-in-chief used drugs in college, but until recently, was busting dispensaries that were state-legal.
    Oh God, somebody used drugs in college.

You mean, they're anti-corporation-abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

If I made my own label, if feel dangerously similar to the strange radicals that piss me off on tumblr.
    Only if you blog about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    CostCo > Sams . Cancelled my Sams club membership like 10 years ago because the selection sucks.
    Hell, Sams isnt even around anymore in the metroplex because CostCo pwnd them so hard.

On a side note, I did not know that Sams and WallMart were the same company. Learn something new everyday.
    We don't have a Costco around here, but Sam's Club has a bad selection like you said. The meat, fruit, and people are terrible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't call your self anything, because it makes you answer for all the stupidity that inevitably comes from every organization. If you stop calling your self anything, people will be forced to discuss the issue, instead of semantics of your label. It's counter productive, unless you do agree 100% with every little thing attributed to the label. Plus you'd become the belle of the ball, as an undecided voter!

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find that "liberals" tend to be opposed to such measures.

The right to own a gun?
    Regulation does not constitute infringement, especially as regards guns.

This is not a right. Businesses are not people.

And has since directed the DOJ not to enforce federal marijuana laws. Funny how that works.

And Obama isn't "liberal", he's patently centrist.

Lolwut.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you blog about it.
    But if I don't put my things out on the interblag, how will everyone know how cool and different I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    But if I don't put my things out on the interblag, how will everyone know how cool and different I am?
    Cool people rant on Twitter. #yolo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Don't call your self anything, because it makes you answer for all the stupidity that inevitably comes from every organization. If you stop calling your self anything, people will be forced to discuss the issue, instead of semantics of your label. It's counter productive, unless you do agree 100% with every little thing attributed to the label. Plus you'd become the belle of the ball, as an undecided voter!

Lol undecided voters

http://vimeo.com/50923260

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol undecided voters

http://vimeo.com/50923260
    It's funny because it's true. It's also rather scary that these people decide the outcome of elections.

Fucking FPTP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see many liberals that are against it.

The right to own a gun?
    We're going to disagree on this just on the basis of our countries.

You mean "right to restrict the rights (in this case, right to healthcare) of your workers"

What "liberal-in-chief"?

Yes, we're quite anti-union-busting.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters