Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    That's a walking contradiction, if I've ever seen one. Isn't the whole purpose of the attack to retaliate over broken U.N. sanctions?
    US sanctions, legislated through the UN purely for the sake of convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    Hmph - here's another classic lie from Barak W. Bushama...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ia_752712.html

So - after he says, "Syria using chemical weapons is a RED LINE" he now has the gall to say, "Hey - it wasn't ME who set the red line, it was the WORLD...". Nevermind the fact that the rest of the world doesn't want anything to do with it. There he goes again, trying to pretend that, "Oh - you all just misunderstood what I said. That happens a lot because I'm so smart, and everyone else is so stupid. No - it isn't because I'm a slimy liar who tries to weasel out of what I say any time it becomes a political liability."

Typical - just typical of this miserable cretin. Too bad for Mr. Bushama that no body on the planet except himself is buying his attempt to paper over his own comments this time around. Even his normally slavish followers in the news media are not going along with the naked Emperor's attempt to pretend-paint his way out of a corner.

Surprisingly, it is Chris "Tingles" Matthews who pretty much sums it up...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...residents-Hide

"Democrats must support war to save President's hide..."

That's what this is at this point. 66% of the nation opposes action in Syria. The UK refuses to support it. France is going wobbly on it. Russia and Turkey have just produced more evidence that it was the REBELS who used the chemical weapons. Obama's whole narrative is falling apart, and he's trying to get everyone to point the finger at anyone in the room but himself because the last thing he ever wants is to have an actual decision he made come back to rest on him. He constantly denies that he has any involvement with any of the decisions of his own administration. Pht. I have less respect for him now than for Eric Holder, and that's saying something.
    I find it kind of sad that you would automatically side with Russia's evidence over the U.S.'s when they are equally closed-book. If you do live in the U.S., it reeks of misanthropy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    US sanctions, legislated through the UN purely for the sake of convenience.
    That's what I'm saying. I don't understand how it is convenient to legislate sanctions through the U.N., but not present evidence.

I find it kind of sad that you would automatically side with Russia's evidence over the U.S.'s when they are equally closed-book. If you do live in the U.S., it reeks of misanthropy.
    he would side with satan in order to take a shot at obama. this is nothing new
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Because we're done pretending the UN is relevant. This matter is too important to allow them to screw it up.
    the only one's it seems intent on screwing things up (as usual) is the us government.
    incase you need it spelling out, no one believes your government anymore & hasnt done since the invasion of iraq (remember the all elusive WMD's?) & going into afghanistan (whatever the reason was for that, i lost interest after the bs about iraq).

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm saying. I don't understand how it is convenient to legislate sanctions through the U.N., but not present evidence.
    It's the difference between having your dog fetch the paper for you, and having it defuse a bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the difference between having your dog fetch the paper for you, and having it defuse a bomb.
    When has the U.N. ever rejected real evidence? It isn't like they have to do inspections, we already have the evidence, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    When has the U.N. ever rejected real evidence? It isn't like they have to do inspections, we already have the evidence, right?
    The UN just doesn't have a horse in this race. We humored them for almost 2 years, but they aren't part of this anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are these people genuinely interested in halting the proliferation of Sarin attacks?
    I really hope so. Chemical weapons are banned by international laws and treaties, which Syria did sign, and breaking such laws should have consequences.

Or are all the representatives in the U.S. (including Obama) truly Neocons at heart, a subtler version of the last administration bent on different motives?
    I don't get that impression. Obama made it clear in his address he doesn't feel he needs Congress to side with him, that he can authorize a long-range attack anyhow. He's asking to make sure the rest of us are on board. It seems like he's begging Congress to say "fine, but no invasion" just to reassure the American people that it won't be another god-forsaken ground war in Asia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I really hope so. Chemical weapons are banned by international laws and treaties, which Syria did sign, and breaking such laws should have consequences.
    No they did not.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UN just doesn't have a horse in this race. We humored them for almost 2 years, but they aren't part of this anymore.
    Humored what? Are you referring to Iraq?
    Last edited by Callace; 2013-09-04 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't we just stay the fuck out for once?

leave Syria alone - thousands die
    invade Syria - hundreds of thousands die

10+ Year Old Account
    McCain does a 180 and pulls support for Obama's Syria plan. Sounds like he's pulling support for the current plan and pushing for a more aggressive attack.

sic vis pacem para bellum - "If you want peace, prepare for war"

Yeah because butting into another countrys stuff worked out so great last time.... cough cough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    How the fuck does that apply in here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm not one to put much stock in random quotes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    McCain does a 180 and pulls support for Obama's Syria plan. Sounds like he's pulling support for the current plan and pushing for a more aggressive attack.
    That is going to happen ANYWAY if assad is toppled. Might as well do it now to avoid bombing chemical facilities and killing more civilians.
    Get in, topple assad, support FSA and help them install a proper government.
    It's going to cost a lot. Public support back home will hit historic lows, but if you want to get rid of assad and NOT help al Qaida that's the ONLY way of achieving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No they did not.
    Actually, they did sign the Geneva Protocol (without reservation beyond not recognizing Israel), so they have signed a treat prohibiting the use of chemical warfare, all though it technically doesn't cover the use of chemical weapons against your own people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jon Stewart is back, and is spot-on as usual.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...syria-jamboree

You're saying the only way to keep America's penis from looking small, is to take a somewhat ineffective action purposefully designed to accomplish very little. We'll call it Operation: Just the Tip.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2013-09-04 at 06:02 PM.