Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm kinda kicking myself now that I passed on the one RoRo we had drop several months ago. We haven't killed Lei Shen in like 2 months now bc of heroic progression, then 4pc T16 gets announced which actually makes it worthwhile sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is but I still feel like extra haste beyond Chi needs is wasted, rather have static Crit/Mastery instead of a slightly larger proc.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm tempted to try: Agi > Exp/Hit > Haste = Mastery. Using this scheme, I'm sitting around 12k haste and 12k mastery.

This setup would not use Ascension, but Power Strikes or even Chi Brew, instead.

This is for 10 man, by the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefist View Post
    Haste = Mastery for 10 man
    why would you do such a thing?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    why would you do such a thing?
    Wow. I have the exact same question. So you are going to be purifying a ton more, and forgoing elusive brew uptime %? Are you going to remove the T15 2pc as well?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I'm tempted to try: Agi > Exp/Hit > Haste = Mastery. Using this scheme, I'm sitting around 12k haste and 12k mastery.

This setup would not use Ascension, but Power Strikes or even Chi Brew, instead.

This is for 10 man, by the way.
    Looks like the priority list for 5.2/5.3 assassination rogues, not a brewmaster.

Oh no, it was just something I wanted to play around with. I've always enjoyed the insane amount of shuffle uptime Power Strikes provides. As for removing my 2pc, no, I'll still have it. It will eventually go away and I would like to get used to that playstyle. I'm tanking for a new group that has little experience with Monk Tanks so I didn't want to appear to be squishier than any previous tank they've had.

It's just a thought right now. I mainly wanted to post it here to get another perspective.
    Maybe haste to 6k, rest in crit would be more suitable. I understand that the 2pc, while being nerfed, will still be decent for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    12k haste is overkill even without the T15 4pc, I would say 6-7k max is fine. You mention wanting to make a good impression on being a solid tank replacement in which case you should be stacking mastery not crit. Can bleed away mastery when you see how incoming damage + new healer crew is handling things.

You can adjust this pretty easy in AMR by using the presets and just flip crit vs mastery depending on what you want to focus on (and set the haste cap).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Oh yeah, have been playing with that. Since AMR has changed their site up, it's actually not too bad now.

I think for now, I'll use RoRo, 4500 haste and Mastery +1. See how that does for starters. If incoming damage and healing isn't an issue, pop a crit elixer and that Mastery +1 turns into Crit +1.

I just wish AMR had the new stats for the tanking cloak so I could go ahead and buy it and gem/reforge with the expertise, instead of the dodge.

Oh yeah, have been playing with that. Since AMR has changed their site up, it's actually not too bad now.

I think for now, I'll use RoRo, 4500 haste and Mastery +1. See how that does for starters. If incoming damage and healing isn't an issue, pop a crit elixer and that Mastery +1 turns into Crit +1.

I just wish AMR had the new stats for the tanking cloak so I could go ahead and buy it and gem/reforge with the expertise, instead of the dodge.
    I could be wrong because I have never tested this but I thought popping a crit elixir would have no affect on the rune proc if you were already mastery +1. I haven't tried it so...

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

After consulting with my raid lead, I'm gonna keep rolling heavy crit here personally, at least for the first night. It's kind of a shame, because I like the idea of the 4p16 and would like to have the excuse to go heavy mastery for it.

My main concern is that our 10m healing team has been having some real problems that caused us to stall out during T15. But mostly that has been things like not being able to get out of wind storm, or not having the throughput/reaction times to handle burst on the raid. There really haven't been a lot of "oops the tank died" problems that weren't caused by the tanks failing to execute a mechanic properly. So although I've heard reports of T16 bosses hitting harder than T15 did at an equivalent gear level, mostly I want to see how the first night goes, since we haven't done any PTR practice as a raid and so I have no idea how we're going to stack up against the new fights. If we walk in there and I'm just getting flattened by Immerseus then I'll step out and go reforge to mastery.

We went the entire tier without seeing a RoRO. That was a lot of fun for our WW, who also had terrible luck getting one in LFR. Lei Shen was considerate enough to drop a TF Shan-Dun last night so at least I'll be able to defer the crit cap problem for a while, but dang.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2013-09-10 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I could be wrong because I have never tested this but I thought popping a crit elixir would have no affect on the rune proc if you were already mastery +1. I haven't tried it so...
    I have tested it. It most definitely works. I actually found it out by accident.

I bet it would be worth having a weapon you could swap (assuming there's no awesome other use for it) to get different RoRo procs for different phases of fights.

Tank cloak & meta? I've read a bit otherwise like 3 weeks ago.

It's sort of up to you and your raid what you need to do in order to keep alive, and how much some additional damage/healing/avoidance is worth compared to damage smoothing.

Your choices are basically:
    1. balance mastery and crit likely keeping mastery just slightly higher for RoRo near-invincibility proc (i hit 99.7% stagger with just roro and 2t15)
    2. use the tank cape rather than dps cape
    3. shift crit fully into mastery. Even without balancing crit and mastery a RoRo proc is still going to be like 20-25k mastery with heroic gear
    4. use the tank meta

I put those in order of preference (somewhat subjective, but if someone would reorder them, it wouldn't be by a large margin). I know I for one am going to start with the first 2 and not the last 2 and see how that goes on normal this week, then repeat the experiment next week.

why are we're using tank meta over dps meta?
    I know dps meta gem was nerfed for tanks, but it was said to still proc quite often, while tank legendary meta is still terribad? :? Or was something else changed? I just don't see why now tank meta would be more useful than in ToT..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Some people are planning to start with the tank meta, some aren't, everyone is prepared to swap as the situation warrants.

Several things have changed.
    1, dps meta proc rate cut to 60% of the proc rate rendering it still good, but less so
    2, tank meta is all damage now, not just physical - not a huge buff, but something
    3, tank meta procs twice as often

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cial-PTR-Notes
    Capacitive Primal Diamond, and Legendary melee cloaks (Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen, and Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen) now have a 40% reduced chance to activate its effects for characters that are in a tanking specialization.
    Indomitable Primal Diamond's effect now grants a 20% damage reduction to all damage taken (up from only physical damage), and its activation rate has been doubled.
    So, 2 buffs to the tank one, a nerf to the dps one. Without completely remodeling it, there's not too much more they could do to make it attractive. That being said, I still do not like it because a significant number of those procs will be while I am not tanking anything, or I literally won't get touched during the proc. Unline roro, it's also not a strong enough proc to actually alter healer or my actions just because the proc is up. But I'm not planning to use it in the sense that I have it and a second helm to stick it in ready to go at a moment's notice if I run into a fight where it seems better.

Unless healers are getting oom or I'm getting one shoted I still believe that small dps gain > passive unpredictable absorbs.

Deleted
    Going into the new tier with RoRo mastery +1, with stamina trinket/flask/food and 549/543 helms with tank/dps meta I have enough options to modify my gear. Helms also shift the RoRo procc from mastery/crit. Will get both cloaks too.

Probably going with tank meta/cloak/mastery procc for first pulls though, until i get a picture of how our raid handles the bosses.

quick question about roro.. If I have temp bufs that increase my crit (like agi procs from other trinkiet/synapse springs) -can it screw my proc from mastery to crit during the fight?
    Or does it only use the "base" stats from gear to determine what to proc?

Also - RoRo + Rentaki or JuJu or VPtrink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!