Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    Going on a limb here and gonna say.... heart of fear
    Huh? That seems like an odd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Look, a new and original thread!

But I'll play along. Since I started raiding (ICC), Dragon Soul followed by Heart of Fear. I simply detest bugs.
    You would have loved C'thun trash. XD.

Dragonsoul.

I loved ToGC.

10+ Year Old Account
    dragon soul as 198669 other people has already mentioned and even more will proably will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Huh? That seems like an odd choice.
    I'm interested in hearing why too.

He went out on a limb... there's many limbs to be found in Heart of Fear... maybe he's onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Eh, I killed heroic Spine the day before the first stacking nerf went live and would have killed Madness pre-nerf if we had a couple more days. It was just not epic for a final boss IMO. It never felt like we were fighting a dragon just a bunch of trash.
    Madness was a crummy fight to end on, was still a toughish encounter, though it took 20 times more spine wipes than madness wipes. Crummy way to kill off DW, but not the worst fight they've done by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.
    did it on heroic 5% nerf realm first 25man...just wasn't epic at all, fight mostly stack and heal and deathwing reduced to essentially waves of trash packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throne of Thunder. I would take a million Dragon Souls over Throne. Heart of Fear is pretty bad to.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-08 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    let me delete
    Last edited by mmoc30e02da2e4; 2016-10-02 at 11:01 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

On topic though, ToC is still the champion of poorly executed raids.
    a) you can run it 3 times a week
    b) no trash made for a really uninvolved and boring instance
    c) only cool room was for the last boss
    d) most bosses were boring
    and of course, e) "Lets prepare to kill LK by killing off our strongest champions!"
    I never did understand this. And the location sucks too. How are civilians supposed to get there and spectate? I know it was done by the argent crusade but a stadium that big is obviously meant to house more than just an army to spectate.

Molten Core. I was bored with it after my first time in there, back in Classic. Hyjal wasn't very good either: 8 waves of trash followed by mostly flavorless bosses. Archimonde was the only good part of that raid.

I see at least a few people saying that they hated Trial. If all you did was ToC, then I can partially understand... but ToGC was pretty great. The encounters were, by and large, fantastic! First boss was a 3 boss fight with plenty of interesting mechanics. Second boss felt kind of plain, but it, too, had plenty of mechanics to deal with. Faction Champions was incredibly annoying on 25-man (even if you knew how to get the melee mobs to fixate on your tank), but that's only because it demanded a lot out of everyone in your raid. Lots of people seem to like difficult encounters like that. Twin Valks was an all-around awesome fight. I loved it. And heroic 25 Anub was one of the toughest, most rewarding fights that I've ever experienced.

I loved ToGC. I don't care that the first 4 fights took place in the same room (an arena), they were fun. I don't need to go through 12 bosses worth of trash to feel like a raid was good... I can enjoy a quick 5 boss raid with time left over to do something else.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-08 at 10:26 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say DS, but that would be agreeing with everyone else. In terms of "Oh god what am I doing with my life this is terrible" Molten Core has to be #1. WHY SO MUCH TRASH. JUST TRASH, TRASH EVERYWHERE

Personally i enjoyed dragonsoul. I dont get how everyone else thinks it was bad compared to trials or ruby sanctum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The answers will probably be predictable but since "best raid" topics keep getting made - what do you think was the worst? I am torn between Trial of the (Grand) Crusader and Dragon Soul. I think ToC/ToGC was technically worse but I always expected it to be a filler raid. Dragon Soul was more of a disappointment because I expected something really cool and epic for Deathwing's raid and instead we got a bunch of reused environments and lame end boss(es).
    I am with you OP!

People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic. That said, level design was a factory of reused zones, and the only new place was DW's spine.
    I have a feeling I like Dragonsoul more than most people and even I say that it was a lazy raid. The first half of it was pretty much bullshit. There is a literal war going on all around you yet you are granted safe passage to all the bosses after the first one. And the ambush in the Eye of Eternity felt completely unnecessary.

If they had put in more fighting on the ground before we reached the temple and then had us fending off attacks in waves like the Mount Hyjal raid it would have felt significantly more epic. Plus the first fight on the airship should have been scrapped and instead been a airship vs Deathwing battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I would say DS, but that would be agreeing with everyone else. In terms of "Oh god what am I doing with my life this is terrible" Molten Core has to be #1. WHY SO MUCH TRASH. JUST TRASH, TRASH EVERYWHERE
    Oh come on, you know you loved it when half your raid wasn't paying attention and a Lava Surger sent them flying into the lava. Or if people let Firelords hang around forever and soon you were wiping to 100 mobs on a 3 mob pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated Dragon Soul. Enjoyed TotC though. Love the coliseum type raid, didn't mind lack of trash either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    I never did understand this. And the location sucks too. How are civilians supposed to get there and spectate? I know it was done by the argent crusade but a stadium that big is obviously meant to house more than just an army to spectate.
    I could have sworn I read it supposed to be below Dalaran originally but they thought everyone doing the dailies would lag the city more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul and ToGC.

ToGC implemented the crappy Heroic mode (as apposed to hard mode bosses) and had no trash. Dragon Soul carried the boss-to-boss crap with the addition to being heavily instanced.

There was no heart or soul to these raids.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.