Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    If you enjoy subjecting yourself to pain and suffering, it's not bad : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you enjoy subjecting yourself to pain and suffering, it's not bad : P
    It's nowhere near perfect, but wouldnt call it a bad game. a solid 7/10. The sequel, on the other hand...FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    It's nowhere near perfect, but wouldnt call it a bad game. a solid 7/10. The sequel, on the other hand...FeelsBadMan
    Maybe it's the years since I last played, but I remember it being a pretty deeply unpleasant experience. Poor writing and voicework, terrible set pieces, attempts at emotional notes that fell flat, missions that often felt like they were half-finished and glitchy...I don't think I have a single positive memory from my playthrough of the campaign. I even managed a few multiplayer rounds and those were just as bad.

Maybe I should give it a replay to see if it's as bad as I remember, but it committed the sin of being generically bad. It wasn't so bad that it yielded memorable laughs and hilarity for me, it was just blandly bad to the point where I can remember my overall feelings on it, but can remember very little in terms of specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe it's the years since I last played, but I remember it being a pretty deeply unpleasant experience. Poor writing and voicework, terrible set pieces, attempts at emotional notes that fell flat, missions that often felt like they were half-finished and glitchy...I don't think I have a single positive memory from my playthrough of the campaign. I even managed a few multiplayer rounds and those were just as bad.

Maybe I should give it a replay to see if it's as bad as I remember, but it committed the sin of being generically bad. It wasn't so bad that it yielded memorable laughs and hilarity for me, it was just blandly bad to the point where I can remember my overall feelings on it, but can remember very little in terms of specifics.
    Never played Homefront 2, but what you describe there sounds like all the reviews about that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Never played Homefront 2, but what you describe there sounds like all the reviews about that game.
    I haven't played the sequel, was talking about the first entry only. I do want to give the sequel a spin just to see how it's changed. Also because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Deleted
    Not tried it either, but appears I already own it. Pesky bundles that I never get around to trying

Phoning Home & soundtrack is $8 on https://chrono.gg/

Game awards sale (kinda-ish) on Steam
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawards2017

Bought Hidden Folks, this game is so relaxing.

And BundleStars... ops, Fanatical started his Winter Sale, extra 10% off with WINTER10 code.

Time to put Bayonetta on my cart and play little Wall Street broken to see if other retailers are going in with the discounts. :P

Really.... Why did they change the store name when bundles are still sold on the site? :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Assassins Creed Black Flag is now free, go grab it!

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/event/...playdays-2017/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    And BundleStars... ops, Fanatical started his Winter Sale, extra 10% off with WINTER10 code.

Time to put Bayonetta on my cart and play little Wall Street broken to see if other retailers are going in with the discounts. :P

Really.... Why did they change the store name when bundles are still sold on the site? :S
    Hadn't heard of Valley before until saw it on Bundlesanatical site. Looks tempting. Steam reviews are high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassins Creed Black Flag is now free, go grab it!

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/event/...playdays-2017/
    Thanks! I had totally forgot that was happening on the 11th. I now have a total of 9 games on Uplay and I have actually paid for a total of 3 of them (AC Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2, and The Division). Gotta love freebies.

Hadn't heard of Valley before until saw it on Bundlesanatical site. Looks tempting. Steam reviews are high.
    As luck would have it, I started it about a week before it got bundled. Initially, it was pitched to me as Dear Esther (walking sim) + Slender: The Arrival (picking up objects, I guess?) + Sonic (movement). Basically, it's a walking sim with a boring story, with cool movement/pretty environment. It's sitting at the "good" category for me, two hours or so in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    As luck would have it, I started it about a week before it got bundled. Initially, it was pitched to me as Dear Esther (walking sim) + Slender: The Arrival (picking up objects, I guess?) + Sonic (movement). Basically, it's a walking sim with a boring story, with cool movement/pretty environment. It's sitting at the "good" category for me, two hours or so in.
    Sods law hehe. See something you like, buy it, see it bundled the following week
    Had a quick look at a clip of it, was expecting just a walking sim, was pleasantly surprised it's a little more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Thanks! I had totally forgot that was happening on the 11th. I now have a total of 9 games on Uplay and I have actually paid for a total of 3 of them (AC Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2, and The Division). Gotta love freebies.
    Crikey! Just checked. 15 games un uplay, only slightly played two of them.
    Will have to fix that next week

- - - Updated - - -

Freebeh!

https://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered (Click link on main page for game: https://www.gog.com/ )

Also some more games on gog connect, five apparently.
    I snagged Deserts of keybinds...I mean Kharak & Rebel Galaxy.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-12-12 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Freebeh!

https://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered

Also some more games on gog connect, five apparently.
    I snagged Deserts of keybinds...I mean Kharak & Rebel Galaxy.
    Isn’t letting me claim it for some reason, pressing ‘get it here’ takes me to the main store page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Isn’t letting me claim it for some reason, pressing ‘get it here’ takes me to the main store page.
    Once on main page, click the banner that mentions the game.
    That'll add it to your games.
    I just added the direct link to show which game it was, oopsies

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Welp, looks like another underwhelming week on humble bundle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Once on main page, click the banner that mentions the game.
    That'll add it to your games.
    I just added the direct link to show which game it was, oopsies
    An right, thanks. Was thinking something might be wrong with my browser.

New games on GOG connect:

- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
    - For The Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
    - Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
    - Homeworld Remastered Collection
    - INSIDE
    - Limbo
    - >observer_
    - Outlast
    - Perception
    - Punch Club
    - Rebel Galaxy
    - Rogue Wizards
    - Sengoku
    - Sunless Sea
    - Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire
    - The Final Station
    - Zombie Night Terror

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I got was Outlast.

7+ Year Old Account
    And a new Humble Bundle went up for those that enjoy visual novel/manga type stuff:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/m...friends-bundle