Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCauthron View Post
    Also 10 man seems even more easily tuned than 25 man from my friends that I talked too.
    10m easier than 25m!?!?!?!!?! Stop the presses omg. Thats NEVER happened before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I look forward to the day where the hardcore guilds can't 'cheat' anymore. It would be a lot more interesting if the BEST guild cleared it first. Not the ones that can do the most raidclears the week before heroic is available.
    Since when the RNG should be the GOD of your game ? If you spend a whole tier without one single, let's say " trinket " drop, it would be FINE..... ?

Lucky = world first and other are scrubs because of the rng king... funny dedication or skillcap definition.

Since when rerolling is cheating ? Should every rerolll be banned of the game, just 1 char per server ?

Your brain is full of ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    We had a 3 hour raid today, and we've managed to kill 3 bosses. They felt PERFECTLY tuned, I mean 1 one was easy as fuck, 2 one required something from the raid, 3 one was even harded for us, so yeah, better than wiping 6 hours straight on Horridon.
    Also, bosses are a lot of fun ^^
    Indeed, our dps are especially happy. Since the first bosses give them something to do instead of just stand there and nuke while the tanks have all the responsibility and the healers all the stress :P

We decided to do flex first since some of our raiders could use the gear. Due to bad preparation we got stuck on boss 3 doing it completely wrong. Second night we went back into flex killed all 4 bosses and 2 bosses in normal. Normal tuning feels proper for people that are in ToT normal gear, but not completely BiS. Which is what this difficulty is aimed at.

Now having said that, we do plan to finally get back to heroics after rebuilding our guild. Haven't done heroic modes since clearing DS HC and we're aching :P So we will probably be running normal and flex weekly to get gear for that asap

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Question to anybody who has killed galakras.... how the hell did you? My guild wiped to it for 3 hours last night and never even got to the second tower :/
    Tbh I didnt even understand what to do - it was like lfr - burn adds, then burn boss. Well, maybe people in towers did main job though, since I stayed outside.

Deleted
    Try to do it with average of people geared from 495 to max 525 who are social raiders then its a different story. the bosses are then pretty hard, even on Flex , though we killed the first with 15 people in Flex. We started late with ToT and only got the first 3 down struggling on Tortos. So SoO is for us a real chalenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The same thing happened when going from Tier 14 to Tier 15. So your point is irrelevant.
    That is actually false.

Assuming the end boss is scaled for the normal mode ilvl, that is.

In T14 guilds farming heroic were around 512-515 ilvl, 10 ilvls under the normal mode gear.

The people complaining how easy SoO normal mode is are only like 3 ilvl under the SoO normal mode gear.

Deleted
    If in ToT we could swap the position of Iron Qon, Twins with Horridon and Tortos, I'm pretty sure that people would clear normal mode much faster. Early road block like Horridon is a sucky design, especially in 10men. There were a lot complaints about it back then and Blizz had listened and made changes to SoO which is a good thing in my eyes. They might have over done a little but considering the HUGE gap between so called "raiders", it is impossible to make everyone happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are much easier than previous tiers. Just look at the celestial protectors, the new "world boss". Is that a joke? You could kill them with 3 good players, even without overgearing it. I killed Chi-Ji last night with only me as healer in dps gear ilvl 508 with around 13 or 14 players in the group at 1 AM (there were none from outside the group helping). The graveyard is again right next to the boss so the only thing you have to do is keep your tank alive and you will never wipe...
    So again, it wouldn't surprise me at all if normal mode has been made easier than previous tiers when you look at the rest of the new content of 5.4.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not like LFR. It's easier than ToT for sure, but they actually got the difficulty right this time unlike ToT. You see a fairly linear increase in difficulty unlike ToT which was littered with bosses that were abnormally hard for their position and/or just over tuned for the first week.

Norushen is 'difficult' for his place, but other than that the instance is fairly good for difficulty.

If you're thinking it's easy and you're 548-550 iLvL, of course it's going to be easy. You can't fault Blizzard for actually tuning the instance correctly so that people with varying iLvLs can see progression of a linear fashion throughout the instance.

Truth be told there was only 3-4 bosses that were difficult for us when ToT was released, and a couple of those had incorrect health values/damage for 10 man on launch, and were fixed later in the week (we still killed it before those, but others had massive problems). SoO does have 'hard' bosses for those of us with full heroic ToT gear, they just appear at the end, you know.. like they should.

10/14 At the moment, has been pretty easy so far.

We are overgearing it a lot tho, so not really surprised. I can imagine a lot of the bosses to be tougher with the whole raid at ilvl 525-530

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylandra View Post
    Try to do it with average of people geared from 495 to max 525 who are social raiders then its a different story. the bosses are then pretty hard, even on Flex , though we killed the first with 15 people in Flex. We started late with ToT and only got the first 3 down struggling on Tortos. So SoO is for us a real chalenge.
    Did flex on 3 different occassions, once with half of our main raid group (so very badly overgeared) and we were finished in no time. Another time I helped out on my alt with a less geared but somewhat competent group and they killed the first 2 bosses easily but had some problems on the third one (although it was late and people started to leave). Finally, I had a group yesterday where we couldn't even kill the first boss. Out of the 11 or so dps, ~6 couldn't even manage to do more then 45k dps. We also only had 2 healers for a group of about 15 players. So yeah, SoO even on flex can be a challenge. It's all a matter of the players/group (and ofcourse how geared they are)

early tier normal > next tier normal
    early tier heroic > next tier heroic

Dont expect it to be hard with heroic gear, or the people with previous tier normal gear it will be nearly impossible.

My raid had the same thing - like first 8 or 9 of them were pretty easy, it starts to ramp up though, especially at Paragon and Garrosh.

Blizzard did a much better job tuning normal mode this time around than they did in ToT. I'm not seeing where the concern is here.. average guilds that raid normals aren't even half way through the instance, while guilds that raid heroics are three quarters through if not full cleared at this point (or will be by weeks end, depending on schedule).

Go figure that there are complaints about this already.

Yeah SoO normal is pretty faceroll.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Ironically for my group I think that hurt us the most was doing Flex first; we found things a bit easy so everyone was expecting the output to be easier, so people weren't trying that hard for Immerseus with healing adds and avoiding stuff, and I think that contributed to a few of the wipes as it was "Wait a minute we have to actually try".

To be honest, I was getting quite fed up that we even had issues with it at all; I mean I'm glad we got our shit together but after the third or so wipe I was raging and it's a good thing I had stopped my stream lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascetina View Post
    If in ToT we could swap the position of Iron Qon, Twins with Horridon and Tortos, I'm pretty sure that people would clear normal mode much faster.
    People that struggled on horridon/tortos would pretty much meet hard enrage on IQ/twins.

So I went to AQ40 today and facerolled all of the bosses. I keep hearing how C'Thun is the hardest boss ever in WoW, but I one-shot him. Granted, my ilvl was 512, but still this is the hardest boss ever in WoW. Talk about a disappointment.

- Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    People that struggled on horridon/tortos would pretty much meet hard enrage on IQ/twins.
    Depends. You can have dps that just isn't good at keeping dps up with several targets, bad at interrupting and such on horridon.
    Tortos wasn't about dps apart from first wave of turtles, and you could pop bloodlust for that if you wanted. After that it was just about having a good kicker or 2.
    Wouldn't nessesarely mean they wouldn't be able to do the dps required on the IQ/twins
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

In before next weeks flood of topics about stuff being too hard when 99% of this thread is stuck on the second boss on heroic