Deleted

Arms Rage problems with the AOE rotation

Hey guys!
    With the new slam sweeping strikes rotation i got rage problems.
    I know its sure that i cant spam slam 24/7 ^.^
    How do you manage ur rage with aoeing?
    Until i can slam my sweeping strikes are at 2/3 duration.
    Its even hard to activate Sweeping strikes because of no rage!
    Greetings

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 Targets = Thunderclap every 15 seconds, sweeping strike as much as possible and then Single target rotation. You will run out of rage. You cannot maintaine your ragepool while AoEing.
    4+ Targets = Thunderclap every 15 seconds, spam whirlwind.

Don´t forget Dragon´s Roar and Heroic Leap. They are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Use sweeping strikes glyph?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    2-3 Targets = Thunderclap every 15 seconds, sweeping strike as much as possible and then Single target rotation. You will run out of rage. You cannot maintaine your ragepool while AoEing.
    4+ Targets = Thunderclap every 15 seconds, spam whirlwind.

Don´t forget Dragon´s Roar and Heroic Leap. They are free.
    whirlwind ? seriously ? spam ? we're playing same class ?
    TC every 15 seconds ? and Spam ww ? why the hell is that ?
    And dragon roar ? Skip bladestorm on same tier and use dragon roar on aoe while spamming WW ?
    That's priceless.

TC hits more than ww even without the glyph no matter how many target there are, and not even going into rage costs.

Seriously do not advise if you don't have clue.

Havent had much problems last night at Galakras with the amount of Rage while AoEing heavely

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefreak View Post
    whirlwind ? seriously ? spam ? we're playing same class ?
    TC every 15 seconds ? and Spam ww ? why the hell is that ?
    And dragon roar ? Skip bladestorm on same tier and use dragon roar on aoe while spamming WW ?
    That's priceless.

TC hits more than ww even without the glyph no matter how many target there are, and not even going into rage costs.

Seriously do not advise if you don't have clue.

Worse then bad advice it not contributing at all. Like you did.

Aside from that, let me tune my advice since I´m generous enough to accept your flame als constructive critique.

2-3 Targets: Maintain Deep wounds debuff through thunderclapping every 15 seconds. Keep Sweeping Strike as much as possible. Continue with single target rotation.
    4+ Targets: Use Thunderclap on cooldown. Use Whirlwind as much as possible.

Don´t forget your Tier 4 ability (Dragon´s Roar, Bladestorm), Bloodbath and Heroic Leap.
    Use Glyph of Sweeping Strikes for AoE heavy fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Valech please explain me why you would would use WW > Slam if you are a scenario with 4+ targets and have SS running and all targets would be in range of Slam?

Afaik you should use WW only if your AoE targets are out of Slam-Cleave range. If not you should Slam. Always.

So the way I'd interpret this chart is: Use WW if you are fighting against any of the following:
    -95 or more enemies
    -70 or more enemies, if at least one of those is out of reach of slam
    -46 or more enemies, if at least two of those are out of reach of slam
    -21 or more enemies, if at least three of those are out of reach of slam
    -5 or more enemies, if at least four of those are out of reach of slam

The scenarios where you're fighting against more than 21 enemies and still slamming are incredibly unlikely, so the breakpoint likely occurs somewhere between 5 and 21 enemies. My guess is around 8, which is the point where you need to be hitting and missing equally many enemies with Slam cleave for Slam to still be superior to WW.
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t126901-...7/#post2329359
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-09-12 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Valech please explain me why you would would use WW > Slam if you are a scenario with 4+ targets and have SS running and all targets would be in range of Slam?

Afaik you should use WW only if your AoE targets are out of Slam-Cleave range. If not you should Slam. Always.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t126901-...7/#post2329359
    That post confuses the hell out of me. It's pretty interesting math nonetheless.
    I still think it is completely unrealistic. As he says you won't be facing that many targets, but it kind of ignores the fact that 99% of the time, enemies stacked up that closely will be held by the same tank, and easily be on top of eachother in range for Slam-Cleave. Even establishing how many targets are/not within range of the cleave would be difficult with that much crap on your screen.
    I wonder how the AoE cap effects that? I don't even honestly know the math for AoE cap anymore, since I can't remember the last time it has affected us. Reason I bring it up, I wonder is Slam would be subject to the cap, because it copies damage, it isn't an actual area of effect attack, which Whirlwind is.

Btw I really want to see what Fusion-Fire Core (Cleave trinket) would do to 95 targets!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I said it before but the two piece really does make a HUGE difference on the Arms AoE rotation. I got two piece tonight and went Arms on Garrosh. While my single target was mediocre, my AoE was ridiculous. The rage income was amazing, exactly what we saw on PTR, and even being reforged Mastery > Haste, I had no issues starving. Quite the contrary I was rage capping quite a lot during the times when we didn't have adds up.

The rotation was jokes. I barely touched Shout and CS essentially becomes a damage increasing rage cooldown.
    The same rotation stays, TC only to keep up Deep Wounds (Glyph of Resonating Power is good for this), Keep up Sweeping Strikes, CS on CS and Slam. I actually omitted MS quite a number of times.
    While its nice for Fury and a good bonus, it is an absolute game changer for Arms, cleave or otherwise.

I've never used whirlwind as Arms, thunderclap is cheaper and hits hard. Anyway I've not been playing since december last year (save for a log on here and there) but Arms seems pretty awesome right now. Still behind on paper, but compared to before the patch it is amazing. And here I was moaning about it, could always use more (how about make slam cheaper? that would be cheaky!) but I'm loving it compared to before.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4