Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    'At war' is a rather strong term I'd say, what with the Amani tribe being pretty much completely broken and all.
    That's right. Since Zul'Jin, Daakara and Kazra'Jin was dead by now. The new leader can negotiate a peace, and maybe rejoin to the horde. Otherwise, if Amani will rejoin the horde... Will be possible to serve Vol'Jin as honor guard instead of Kor'Kron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    That's right. Since Zul'Jin, Daakara and Kazra'Jin was dead by now. The new leader can negotiate a peace, and maybe rejoin to the horde. Otherwise, if Amani will rejoin the horde... Will be possible to serve Vol'Jin as honor guard instead of Kor'Kron.
    Ehhh, I wouldn't go as far as to say they'd join the Horde. They do still harbour a distinct hatred for the blood elves, no matter how broken they might be, they've never ever backed down. Hell, when Doomhammer wanted them to withdraw from Quel'thalas, they blatantly refused to (though they themselves would claim the Horde had betrayed them by ceasing the assault on the elves' lands).

'At war' is a rather strong term I'd say, what with the Amani tribe being pretty much completely broken and all.
    Considering Amani war bands raid Quel'thalas as much as possible, I would say they are at "war" ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Quel'thalas is forest troll land (the Amani Empire). I understand that Warchief Vol'jin is a Darkspear, but will he be happy the some of his subjects are oppressing and occupying other trolls?
    Vol'jin has chosen the horde over the rest of the Troll tribes before and he will do it again. The Horde is his true family, especially now that he is the warchief

Deleted
    I would like to argue that Vol'jin "cares" about the Troll race more than people here point otherwise. I will mostly formulate my opinion on the recent novel, that was enterly based on Vol'jin with some Chen romance throw in for the filler. In the novel, the role of a shadow hunter, which Vol'jin represents for the troll race, is in my opionion based one principle of communication with the Loa and their will and actions towards varius troll tribes. Vol'jin has more than one vision given form the Loa that concern the zandalari and ohter tribes working with them. The loa seem to be abandoning other tribes and siding with Vol'jin and his cause. We are also shown the importance of shadow hunters in the troll society. Vol'jin, even though he has been working against the zandalari and their allias is given quite a "good treatment" in their hands, when he decides to join them (yes, he joined them, knowing he has to betray them in the future). Vol'jin opinion on other tribes is very complicated, he doesn't hate them or wishes some vendetta on them, more than that, he is generaly sad about their recent actions, wars and loses. He considers them living in the past, ever trying to reform their ancient glory but ultimatly failing. I don't think he wants them destroyed or beaten, instead, he propably wants them to show them the right path, the path he followed when he joined the Horde.

Than and more is the reason i want Vol'jin to become some kind of a spiritual leader for the trolls, a respected shadow hunter, that transfers the wishes of semi-godly beings known as Loas to other trolls and helps them establish a new future. Him becoming a warchief might be an advantage or not, but he has to deal with Zul first, which i bealieve will be a part of the next expansion ( at least in a minor aspect ).

In my opinion he has the power to bring more Trolls to the horde, if they are willing to join in the first place.

On the topic by OP:
    "If" the amani ever show some will to join the horde the lands won't mather so much anyway. On the current situation, the amani probably still control Zul'aman , but are driven out from the Ghostlands, which are probably still not fully inhabitable. Sooo..., if the amani don't attack first, they are none of his concern right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Pretty much, the blow in the 4.1 has been heavy, and they were still recovering after the loss of Zul'jin. Anyway, since I bet that the rest of the Amani share his same point of view, they would never join the Horde, even if the Horde itself would ask them to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Pretty sure he will be glad to let individual Amani and others join the horde if they seek a home and family, because those understand the idea behind the horde. Those still wanting their empires back, will never join the horde.

Perhaps the Amani and others will finally look and see how strong the 'weak' Darkspear have become and will question their ways. But kind of doubt that the entire tribes will change.

For the future, it depends on how Zul acts, was he supporting the Zandalari who helped the Mogu or not.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he'll be fine. Since the Blood Elves haven't really encroached on the Amani in years (since the founding of Quel'thalas really).

Off topic: So glad we finally got this forum.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    For the future, it depends on how Zul acts, was he supporting the Zandalari who helped the Mogu or not.
    If my memory is correct, Zul was the one who sent them in the first place.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    A bigger question is what Zul's next move is. Will he side with the next big threat, or will he come to Vol'jin with his tusks between his knees and beg to join the Horde?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygore View Post
    I would like to argue that Vol'jin "cares" about the Troll race more than people here point otherwise. I will mostly formulate my opinion on the recent novel, that was enterly based on Vol'jin with some Chen romance throw in for the filler. In the novel, the role of a shadow hunter, which Vol'jin represents for the troll race, is in my opionion based one principle of communication with the Loa and their will and actions towards varius troll tribes. Vol'jin has more than one vision given form the Loa that concern the zandalari and ohter tribes working with them. The loa seem to be abandoning other tribes and siding with Vol'jin and his cause. We are also shown the importance of shadow hunters in the troll society. Vol'jin, even though he has been working against the zandalari and their allias is given quite a "good treatment" in their hands, when he decides to join them (yes, he joined them, knowing he has to betray them in the future). Vol'jin opinion on other tribes is very complicated, he doesn't hate them or wishes some vendetta on them, more than that, he is generaly sad about their recent actions, wars and loses. He considers them living in the past, ever trying to reform their ancient glory but ultimatly failing. I don't think he wants them destroyed or beaten, instead, he propably wants them to show them the right path, the path he followed when he joined the Horde.
    Vol'jin, like the Zandalari, cares about troll history, culture and what being a troll represents...but it's quite different by caring for every single kind or tribe of trolls existing. After all that happened in the novel, Vol'jin basically sees what the Zandalari and the other troll tribes aim to do no better at all to what Garrosh wants to achieve. They fight for similar reasons, reasons that Vol'jin forsook, for this deciding to oppose and fight both of them and fight for ensure a future for his people, not following nostalgic ambitions of greatness. And until the other trolls will follow that path, they will always be put under the Horde in "priority".

Besides, while Vol'jin doesn't hold any kind of grudge towards the Amani, it's likely the Amani that would never join the Horde but just staunchly oppose their ancient enemy, an enemy which is part of that Horde now. Anyway it's unlikely that the Amani would pose any threat now, though.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    He's mentioned in a journal and a lore scroll quite clearly in the Isle of Thunder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygore View Post
    In my opinion he has the power to bring more Trolls to the horde, if they are willing to join in the first place.
    Aye, however Vol'jin has also grown rather cautious. Provided the Amani would even choose to ally themselves with the Horde again, I find it quite difficult to decide just how Vol'jin would react.

On the one hand, he does respect his heritage, the history of the Twin Empires and the Zandalari Empire before that. On the other, the Amani have often enough proven themselves a liability, which is something Vol'jin isn't likely to accept.

Basically, without a really really good reason, some great deed done by the one of the other tribes that directly helped the Horde, I don't see any of the tribes in the new Zandalari coalition joining Vol'jin's Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we sure, if Zandalar is still exist? Since Prophet Khar'Zul in Kun'Lai storyline mentioned, that Cataclysm destroy Zandalar... That may suggest, maybe troll empires is really gone forever, and only Darkspear still exist? Or wait... Zen'Tabra is forest troll, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Are we sure, if Zandalar is still exist? Since Prophet Khar'Zul in Kun'Lai storyline mentioned, that Cataclysm destroy Zandalar... That may suggest, maybe troll empires is really gone forever, and only Darkspear still exist? Or wait... Zen'Tabra is forest troll, right?
    I could be wrong, but I think Zandalar is actually sinking into the depths of the sea, not completely, but on the good way to utterly sink one day or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think Zandalar is actually sinking into the depths of the sea, not completely, but on the good way to utterly sink one day or another.
    Yeah as far as we know it is not yet gone, but it will be in the near future, I wonder where the remaining trolls will try to settle next.

I have seen people refer to the Zandalari currently residing on a fleet/flotilla. But not sure how true that is.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quel'thalas is forest troll land (the Amani Empire). I understand that Warchief Vol'jin is a Darkspear, but will he be happy the some of his subjects are oppressing and occupying other trolls?
    Everyone and their goat has already corrected you, but I feel I should throw this in.

Vo'jin is a Darkspear Troll. He's no more obligated or inclined to help other trolls than a random white guy in Kansas is to help settle border disagreements in the Balkans. Virtually unrelated to them.

Deleted
    This is like saying "Do you as an American care if your friend, China, attacks Canada, your enemy?" (If China was your best bud and Canada was China's enemy)

Of course you don't. If anything, you'd aid China. You wouldn't get mad at them for fighting their enemy just because Canadians have the same skin color as you.

How silly are you?

I think it would be nice if u could pick a certain troll tribe during character creation and you would be given a lvl 1-20 zone depending on wich troll tribe you picked.
    IE: If you choose Amani troll your starting zone would be Zul'aman for example and you would be fighting the blood elves and at the end of the quest chain you would be joining the horde under the command of Vol'jin.

While i do understand the tribes have their differences and this will probably never happen, i think this would be fun to play the stories of the troll tribes from the other side.