PvP optimists, how is Protection in 5.4?

I need an honest answer on current PvP trends from someone who has or does play protection warrior in the PvP game (I know, we're crazy). With our 2 premier abilities given to Arms + Fury specs macro-free in 5.4, and with PvP changes throughout the expansion, how are we doing?

In Arenas?

In randoms?

In rated?

Frankly, I played protection warrior in PvP since WotLK, I know times they are a changin', but I absolutely refuse to give up playing the spec I love, so please don't give me a "reroll/respec" answer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the great nerf of tank speccs a few patches ago protection plays bad in bgs. Only biggest and only advantage has been reduced heavily. And since our ability to harass via stuns and snares is equally distributed to all speccs through talents, we do not shine in arenas either. Since our damage comes from Riposte since 5.4. we suck at bursting and damage in general. And despite you asked for other answers then "reroll", I´d highly suggest you try another specc. Prot will just feel like Arms with far less damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Since the great nerf of tank speccs a few patches ago protection plays bad in bgs. Only biggest and only advantage has been reduced heavily. And since our ability to harass via stuns and snares is equally distributed to all speccs through talents, we do not shine in arenas either. Since our damage comes from Riposte since 5.4. we suck at bursting and damage in general. And despite you asked for other answers then "reroll", I´d highly suggest you try another specc. Prot will just feel like Arms with far less damage.
    Damn i love the protection spec and this makes me very sad panda! :'(

atm there is no broad/sword dps/pvp spec.(melee ofc) and that sucks. because i like it alot:P

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Flag carrying? survivability? Is there any role we can perform other than sucking?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Flag carrying? survivability? Is there any role we can perform other than sucking?
    Not as prots. Arms are in a good spot at the moment, but prots are not needed. You might tank those NPCs in Alterac or alike, but thats nothing what a feral in bearform couldnt do. Yes, we might have lightly higher survivability since we are loaded with cooldowns, but that just makes us die a few moments later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.