Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    It understandable that you want to be stronger but at what cost is the issue? I think any person can recognize you can't have the Dps and the healing / utility. So you buff us up to top Dps and gut the niche / unique/ fun stuff. Then what have you accomplished.
    No one is asking for Ele Shaman to be "buffed to top dps", that would be ridiculous as we are a hybrid class and bring more than mere dps. I think the Ele Sham community is asking for some minor buffs to increase our viability on single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    It understandable that you want to be stronger but at what cost is the issue? I think any person can recognize you can't have the Dps and the healing / utility. So you buff us up to top Dps and gut the niche / unique/ fun stuff. Then what have you accomplished.
    Except warlocks currently (and all expansion) have had amazing top tier dps, while providing the most utility out of any class. So there goes that logic of "if you have utility your dps should suck". Shamans are not asking to be top damage (and i have never seen a thread asking for such a thing), we just think the gap is far too wide currently between the top and bottom raid specs.

In terms of single target my damage tends to vary each attempt of a fight. But I recently got my 2 pc and my 4pce last night so I can put those to the test hopefully tonight. I also have a multi strike trinket as well so hopefully all these things together will help us out a little bit. Hoping for AMP trinket from Immerseus tonight.

Dunno why people QQ so much at shamans. 4 set blows yerp. But if you are on the bottom of the DPS meter... then you should probably reroll. im one of the top ranking shamans in the US and i see nothing wrong with our dps. We are in a very good spot this tier.

Basically learn how to play Elemental, its not very hard

Quote Originally Posted by Snackzz View Post
    Dunno why people QQ so much at shamans. 4 set blows yerp. But if you are on the bottom of the DPS meter... then you should probably reroll. im one of the top ranking shamans in the US and i see nothing wrong with our dps. We are in a very good spot this tier.

Basically learn how to play Elemental, its not very hard
    Lets compare Snackzz, a top ranking ele shamans damage to other players with similar parsing abilites.
    We are only looking at heroic parses, tho the normal parses show pretty much the same thing.
    We are only looking at the top ranking specs for each class, to simply compare our top ranking shaman with other raiding class, to see how big a dps difference there really is.

Snackzz has some really good ranks, several 95% - 100%.... lets just see how his elemental shaman stacks up to other top raiders. If Snackzz is topping the meters in his guild with excellent parses, clearly the shaman class is fine and will keep up in damage with other top tier raiders.

Immerseus - Heroic 10

• Snackzz = 218k
    • Hunter - 800k
    • Mage - 785k
    • Warrior - 783k
    • S. Priest - 780k
    • Lock - 743
    • Actual Closest Ele Shaman - 514k

Fallen Protectors - Heroic 10

• Snackzz = 338k (95%)
    • Lock = 658k
    • Warrior = 455k
    • Priest = 438k
    • Mage = 436k
    • Boomkin = 408k

Sha of Pride - Heroic 10

• Snackzz 287k (95%)
    • Lock - 650k
    • Warrior 414k
    • Boomkin 396k
    • Ret - 381k
    • Hunter 371k

Iron Jugg - 10 Heroic

• Snackzz - 250k (100%)
    • Rogue - 495k
    • Mage - 393k
    • WW Monk - 385k
    • Lock - 379k
    • Hunter 370k
    • Warrior 340k
    • Ret 336k

As you can clearly see, Snackzz, even as one of the best parsing shamans, you are not even in the same ballpark as the other classes pulling 95-100% rankings on the exact same fights you have completed on heroic. The actual damage differences between your top parses and the other raiders top parses is pretty staggering.

I hope this opens your eyes a little, as to why shamans have complained about having low dps. I do agree with you that shamans are fine, but telling people to reroll if they are not topping meters is silly. You are clearly in a guild where you vastly out gear or outplay your guildmates which is why you find yourself topping meters. If you were to step into a raid with equally skilled players, i doubt you would end up taking your own advice and "reroll" because you would be doing substantially less damage than 90% of the raid.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-10-05 at 01:37 PM.

99% of the people arguing that ele is fine dps-wise are mostly not cutting-edge raiders (which is not bad at all it just matters less then).

I have no problem with that but then you should specify which content you're raiding.
    I raid in a 10hc progression guild currently on the last few % on Thok, Ele is really nice in our lineup there since I can Lava Beam the nasty bats and with BoP and Guidance the raid gets free 8s overheal.

Ele has its niches (and it's fun to play) but in general we are subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    Lets compare Snackzz, a top ranking ele shamans damage to other players with similar parsing abilites.
    We are only looking at heroic parses, tho the normal parses show pretty much the same thing.
    We are only looking at the top ranking specs for each class, to simply compare our top ranking shaman with other raiding class, to see how big a dps difference there really is.

Snackzz has some really good ranks, several 95% - 100%.... lets just see how his elemental shaman stacks up to other top raiders. If Snackzz is topping the meters in his guild with excellent parses, clearly the shaman class is fine and will keep up in damage with other top tier raiders.

Immerseus - Heroic 10

• Snackzz = 218k
    • Hunter - 800k
    • Mage - 785k
    • Warrior - 783k
    • S. Priest - 780k
    • Lock - 743
    • Actual Closest Ele Shaman - 514k

Fallen Protectors - Heroic 10

• Snackzz = 338k (95%)
    • Lock = 658k
    • Warrior = 455k
    • Priest = 438k
    • Mage = 436k
    • Boomkin = 408k

Sha of Pride - Heroic 10

• Snackzz 287k (95%)
    • Lock - 650k
    • Warrior 414k
    • Boomkin 396k
    • Ret - 381k
    • Hunter 371k

Iron Jugg - 10 Heroic

• Snackzz - 250k (100%)
    • Rogue - 495k
    • Mage - 393k
    • WW Monk - 385k
    • Lock - 379k
    • Hunter 370k
    • Warrior 340k
    • Ret 336k

As you can clearly see, Snackzz, even as one of the best parsing shamans, you are not even in the same ballpark as the other classes pulling 95-100% rankings on the exact same fights you have completed on heroic. The actual damage differences between your top parses and the other raiders top parses is pretty staggering.

I hope this opens your eyes a little, as to why shamans have complained about having low dps. I do agree with you that shamans are fine, but telling people to reroll if they are not topping meters is silly. You are clearly in a guild where you vastly out gear or outplay your guildmates which is why you find yourself topping meters. If you were to step into a raid with equally skilled players, i doubt you would end up taking your own advice and "reroll" because you would be doing substantially less damage than 90% of the raid.
    You, sir, have won the internet.

I was about to write a similar post but you saved me time. And yes, I love it when people beat their fellow guildmates and use that as proof that thier class/spec are fine without considering the fact that they may just be leaps and bounds better than thier fellow raiders.

Another thing to remember is that one skilled raider who sits alongside less skilled raiders has a greater chance to rank highly on certain fights. Consider Galakras or Sha. If the dps you play with is much slower than you, you get more CL time on adds which can significantly increase your ranking.