Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Simpsons did it.

Despite the fact that K2 has been climbed before, people still climb K2.

Well, Killing and endboss for an entire expansion tells me that its pointless to get BiS gear and fight for the sake of getting better gear just to vendor it when expansion hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    After all, the hardest part has been already claimed. It's like in a sports championship, you don't continue playing once the winner is announced.
    Why were you playing before that, you never stood a chance against Method to begin with?

I play because I enjoy the game and seeing what I can accomplish, not what the best in the world can accomplish, which is already a foregone conclusion.

Deleted
    BiS / transmog, got to look badass when you afk in the new city.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    its like in a running race, if the winner crosses the line, all the other competitors will keep running for Self pride, for rankings (2nd, 3rd, etc) and for the enjoyment.
    Exactly. The OP's comparison doesn't make sense; when was the last time anyone saw everyone just stop and give up after the winner crossed the finishing line in a sports event?

Deleted
    Well a lot of people do :

> Boostruns (selling hc garrosh title, boa weps (chance for it at least) and mount - and maybe even meta drake boosts).
    > Bis tier gear = smoother leveling next expansion, however with a squish I'm not sure how valid the gear will be.

That's one of the main reasons ppl kept doing ds for so long, a lot of gold was made during those boring months :P

10+ Year Old Account
    For gear, that's about it once the content is on farm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    After all, the hardest part has been already claimed. It's like in a sports championship, you don't continue playing once the winner is announced.
    It's sort of like if Tiger Woods shoots 58, why would you ever golf again.

Deleted
    Even tho I agree with a lot of you, I think you missunderstand the OP.

I'm pretty sure he means if YOU kill the last boss, why do YOU go back to raiding and not everyone else.

But as said already, people like BiS gear, better ranks, help others raid, have fun, achis, Try to heal with less, etc list goes on.

Getting high rankings= higher quality applicants so you can go into the new expansion with a strong roster.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get everyone the mount. Besides that, beats me.

Ran Dragon Soul every week, twice a week on mains and alts until MoP launched. Including during the MoP pre-patch, which was very useful for learning the changes a bit in a raid environment. We also went back and killed Heroic Ragnaros a few more times for the people who never got the mount before it would be changed to a 1% drop.

If I or my guild truly cared about beating other people we would be raiding at least 5 nights a week to aim for server first, but we're not. We raid 3 nights a week and enjoy ourselves while also being well into heroic progression ourselves.